Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rand Paul "neutral" on admitting Sweden and Finland to NATO

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Pretty much spot on.

It kinda does in a big picture sense. My #1 issue is secession and it has been for many years, because the right to self determination is the root of all freedom.

And when Rand says stuff like Putin is the aggressor in this conflict, he's actively working against the right to self determination. (And he's actively working against the "constitushun" which is also founded on the right to self determination)

It's obviously not a huge issue that Rand says stuff like this, but I would still prefer he either get his facts right or just keep his aggressor opinions to himself.
    I agree, but I meant that the independence of Donbass and Luhansk are not worth one American life or dollar either.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I agree, but I meant that the independence of Donbass and Luhansk are not worth one American life or dollar either.
    Also true
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

He is supposed to vote NO.
    Using something he knew would fail to excuse his failure to do so doesn't cut it.
    Sounds made up.
    He can't get spending decreased so whatever he does, doesn't cut it for that?

That you cannot understand why he made it about the Constitution in order to get a discussion going is what doesn't cut it. You've over analyzed

The Constitution is a sham. The very same Constitution made all this possible, perhaps even inevitable.
    The very same Constitution Rand adores is what made Article 5 happen. Even worse, it's what made the misinterpretation of its language happen, because Article 5 does not automatically make all NATO members at war if one member is attacked. That's not what it says. This is a perfect example of why Representative Democracy always was a scam. The Constitution is a trojan horse. Wake Up People. Many early American patriots knew this and tried to stop it.

Concerning Rand, I'm also disappointed, but we don't want him primaried against, and we want him to grow in power within the GOP, so this was going to fly through anyway, he must have a political reason to abstain instead of voting against his peers. It's just another of endless examples of why our very form of government has outlived any usefulness it ever really had to begin with.
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-23-2022 at 02:17 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    The Constitution is a sham. The very same Constitution made all this possible, perhaps even inevitable.
    Mind if I consult a doctor for a second opinion?

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

If in doubt, follow the money.

https://incomepedia.com/rand-paul-net-worth/

Despite serving in the US Senate for 12 years, Rand's total net worth is less than $1 million.

Compare Rand with neo-con Marco Rubio, who also became a Senator in 2010, the same year Rand did.

https://incomepedia.com/marco-rubio-net-worth/

Rubio's total net worth is $5 million.

Some of Rand's decisions have me scratching my head sometimes, but he's not making millions doing what he's doing.

Josh Hawley Promises to Oppose NATO Expansion into Finland and Sweden

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/missou...nd-and-sweden/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

tale of the tape

Senate:
    yea: all except below
    nay: Hawley (R) MO
    present: Paul (R) KY
    not voting: Cornyn (R) TX, Leahy (D) VT, Merkley (D) OR
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...17_2_00282.htm

House Roll Call:
    yea: 394
    nay: 18
    present: 0
    not voting: 19
    https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2022364
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123