Thread: Manhattan DA Charges Bodega Worker with Murder After Stabbing Violent Ex-Con in Self-Defense

Manhattan DA Charges Bodega Worker with Murder After Stabbing Violent Ex-Con in Self-Defense

Manhattan DA Charges Bodega Worker with Murder After Stabbing Violent Ex-Con in Self-Defense (VIDEO)

By Cristina Laila
    July 7, 2022

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg charged a bodega worker with murder when he clearly acted in self defense.

51-year-old Jose Alba stabbed his attacker several times in self-defense and now he’s at Rikers Island jail facing a murder charge.

Alba fatally stabbed Austin Simon, 35, a career criminal who violently attacked him behind the counter last Friday night.

According to reports, Austin Simon’s girlfriend got into an argument with Alba after her EBT card was declined when she tried to purchase a bag of chips.

The disgruntled woman then left the bodega, ran home and returned with her boyfriend – and that’s when the confrontation escalated.

According to Alba’s defense lawyer, the 32-year-old woman took a knife out of her purse and stabbed the bodega worker in the shoulder, the New York Post reported.

She is not facing charges for stabbing Jose Alba – But Jose Alba is facing a second-degree murder charge for fatally stabbing Austin Simon – AFTER the assailants stabbed him and violently attacked him.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...74624127729665

read more:
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...defense-video/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    If the quoted events are what transpired I don't see how there could be any question it's not self defence. If nothing happened before this confrontation the resulting damage may be severe but still, it didn't look like the gentleman that ended up passing away was behind the counter for a friendly visit.
    "I am a bird"

I bet if the DA knew somebody that killed someone in self defense they wouldn't charge them with anything.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The DA should be charge with a crime. WTF is wrong with this country?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    //
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Yet another reason to avoid NYC.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

New video shows the girlfriend stabbing Alba as well, with no justification of self defense.

No charges filed.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Manhattan DA Drops Murder Charge Against Jose Alba

Manhattan DA Drops Murder Charge Against Jose Alba. It Never Should Have Been Filed.

https://reason.com/2022/07/19/manhat...ve-been-filed/

The initial decision to pursue prosecution runs contrary to the campaign promises of Alvin Bragg, who claims to understand that, so often, the process is the punishment.

Billy Binion | 7.19.2022 1:40 PM

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg has dropped a murder charge against a bodega worker who stabbed a customer during a highly publicized altercation that reinvigorated a debate around self-defense and victimization.

Bragg acknowledged in Manhattan Criminal Court that his office could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the 61-year-old clerk, Jose Alba, "was not justified in his use of deadly physical force."

Around 11 p.m. on July 1, Austin Simon, 35, entered the store shouting profanities at Alba after Simon's girlfriend's payment was declined for a bag of chips. Simon then came behind the cashier's counter, shoved Alba, hovered over him, and appeared to try to forcibly remove him from behind the cash wrap. Alba subsequently grabbed a knife and stabbed Simon, ultimately killing him.

Additional surveillance footage shows Simon's girlfriend telling Alba that Simon was about to come in and "$#@! [him] up." And while the fight was ongoing, she can be seen stabbing Alba—although no charges have been filed against her, including for unlawful possession of a weapon.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Good.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Good to hear.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Lawsuit Filed Against Alba Store
    In this video I discuss how the attacker's family in the Jose Alba case is suing the store & eventually Alba.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbkBi697jzE