Thread: Many in North America barely able to afford one meal a day, thanks to FOOD INFLATION

Many in North America barely able to afford one meal a day, thanks to FOOD INFLATION

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-07-...inflation.html

(Natural News) More people in the U.S. and Canada are going hungry as they can no longer afford to buy food, thanks to food inflation and shortages that exacerbate it.

One Canadian who spoke to the Globe and Mail shared how rising food prices have prompted him to further tighten his belt. Debilitating anxiety and depression caused Stephen Jones, 56, to give up a career in finance in his early 40s. Since then, he has lived on less than CA$1,200 ($931) per month in welfare assistance for the past 15 years.

“Sometimes by the end of the month, before we’re getting to the due date for the money, I’m done to maybe just a very small meal once a day,” he said. “I am almost on the verge of having to skip meals altogether in a day.” (Related: Thanks to inflation and food shortages, many people are barely able to afford even one meal per day.)

Jones, who has never relied on food banks, said he soon may have to do so.

“I know that these places are very accommodating and non-judgmental, but there’s an element of shame in doing that,” he said. “But at some point, yes, I am definitely going to have to go to a food bank.”

The Daily Bread Food Bank, which runs more than 200 food programs in the city of Toronto, said in a report that 60 percent of its patrons rely on government benefits as their primary source of income.

However, Daily Bread CEO Neil Hetherington explained that people in debt who patronize food banks often find themselves being squeezed by both rapidly climbing prices and interest rates. This leaves them with very little to spare for food.

Brighteon.TV
    “People have gotten to the end of their savings. They’re going into debt, and so they’re going to be turning to food banks even more,” said Hetherington.

Americans also feeling the effects of food inflation
    Canadians are not the only ones feeling the effects of food inflation. Even employed Americans themselves are bearing the brunt of higher food prices.

The Iowa Capital Dispatch touched on the issue in a June 29 report. It spoke to full-time pizza restaurant cook Bobby Chase, who revealed that his meager monthly salary forces him to choose between paying for groceries or rent.

“There are places that don’t want to give hours or a pay that actually makes sure people can pay their bills or for food,” Chase lamented. To help him tide over, the cook shared that he visits multiple food banks in Ames, Iowa. In spite of his visits to local food pantries and food rationing, Chase still finds himself in a precarious situation as he barely has enough to make it through the month.

The pizza cook joins the many employed Iowans who turn to food banks to make up for rising costs. But the food banks themselves are having a hard time keeping up with demand, as Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) CEO Matt Unger revealed.

According to Unger, meat tends to be the product in highest demand. With the increase in prices and demand, he admitted that stocking up on meat for DMARC’s more than 14 pantries and 25 mobile programs has become more and more difficult.

“There was one time we were able to get pounds of ground beef for the same price we would have paid for three five-ounce cans of chicken. So to be able to actually get fresh ground beef for the same cost of 15 ounces of canned chicken was really unheard of before some of the stuff that has been going.”

FoodInflation.news has more about the impact of rising food prices on ordinary people.

Full article at link

---

This may not affect you, yet. For MANY it DOES.

Consider the fact that the cost of food is DOUBLING YEARLY by next year this same date, there will be A LOT MORE PEOPLE affected, if food is even available at all.

Consider also that we are about to run out of DEF and Diesel Oil. Every MONTH roughly 10% of the Trucking Fleet will be pulled off the road due to inability to service the vehicles.

Next factor in that California may be about to pull 70,000 TRUCKS off the road because of State Law which was initially aimed at Independent Contractors for Uber and Lyft has backfired and is going to prevent the Independent Truckers from operating in the State of California.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-07-...p-driving.html

Consider ALSO the numerous Food Processing Facility FIRES.

(Interactive Map: https://www.zeemaps.com/view?group=4410859)

Consider also that Bidens VERY FIRST ACTION was to try to HALT ALL OIL DRILLING AND PROCESSING, and we are now trying to use OPEC OIL to power everything.

Consider also that following Train Companies acting on Force Majeure to HALT SHIPPING OF FERTLIZER.

Consider also that since Natural Gas has been SHUT DOWN by UNCONSTITUTIONAL ORDER FROM EPA (which the Supreme Court just ruled on and said EPA CAN NOT DO THAT), and that Natural Gas is necessary to produce Fertilizer, there are NO CROPS TO SHIP.

Consider also that Bill Gates is buying as MUCH FARMLAND AS POSSIBLE and is now the single largest Farmland Owner in the US, where his intentions are to REDUCE THE WORLD POPULATION, promote FAKE MEAT and TOXIC FOOD.
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-06-...cres-land.html

STARVATION IS JUST ABOUT HERE.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting article but this stood out:

One Canadian who spoke to the Globe and Mail shared how rising food prices have prompted him to further tighten his belt. Debilitating anxiety and depression caused Stephen Jones, 56, to give up a career in finance in his early 40s. Since then, he has lived on less than CA$1,200 ($931) per month in welfare assistance for the past 15 years.
    He's technically tightening other people's belts if he's living off assistance. At 56 years old, get over your fking depression and go work so you can eat. You're not a millennial FFS. And no you can't take your pet therapy snail to work with you.

Damn 15 years of welfare because you are unhappy.

I'd feel like a chump if I were taxed to pay for that, but Canada has some of the most ridiculously lenient requirements for welfare.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-05-2022 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

He's technically tightening other people's belts if he's living off assistance. At 56 years old, get over your fking depression and go work so you can eat. You're not a millennial FFS. And no you can't take your pet therapy snail to work with you.

I'd feel like a chump if I were taxed to pay for that, but Canada has some of the most ridiculously lenient requirements for welfare.
    I think its being incentivized as part of the Cloward Piven strategy to overload the Welfare system to the point it collapses nations. The people that made it so easy for them are the same people that would benefit if the world burns or starves.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

I have several relatives who suffer from anxiety & depression; you just don't "get over it". And, with most of the medical "solutions" that people take, the anxiety/depression overload is sure to last forever.
    There is no spoon.

I can understand anxiety and depression in a finance or mnfg career but I think skipping meals because you are broke and dont work would be worse so ya, my professional assesment is he'll never be off the dole.
    Do something Danke

You can bet the global elites don't have any of these issues. They probably have enough food stockpiled for decades.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge