Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrats unveil "Transgender Bill of Rights"

Democrats unveil "Transgender Bill of Rights"

Democrats unveiling ‘Transgender Bill of Rights’
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...ill-of-rights/
    Zach Schonfeld (28 June 2022)

A group of House Democrats on Tuesday announced they would move to codify federal protections for transgender people.

The proposal, dubbed the “Transgender Bill of Rights,” would codify the Supreme Court’s 2020 Bostock v. Clayton County decision that protects employees against discrimination for being gay or transgender.

The proposal would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to explicitly include protections for gender identity and sex characteristics, expand access to gender-affirming care and ban conversion therapy.

It would also require the attorney general to designate a liaison dedicated to overseeing enforcement of civil rights for transgender people and invest in community services to prevent anti-transgender violence.

Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.), the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and co-chair of the Transgender Equality Task Force, said in a statement that the resolution would ensure transgender people can lead “full, happy lives.”

“As we witness Republicans and an extremist Supreme Court attack and roll back the fundamental rights of trans people across our country, and as state legislatures across the country target our trans community with hateful, bigoted and transphobic attacks, we are standing up and saying enough is enough,” Jayapal said.

Jayapal introduced the proposal alongside Reps. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), Marie Newman (D-Ill.), Mark Takano (D-Calif.) and Ritchie Torres (D-N.Y.). The bill has 84 other co-sponsors.

The bill’s proponents cited Friday’s Supreme Court decision overturning the constitutional right to an abortion.

Justice Clarence Thomas wrote in a concurring opinion that the court should also consider overturning some of its other precedents decided under the same substantive due process protections at the heart of Friday’s decision, like rights to same-sex marriage and contraception.

The Bostock decision was not mentioned in Thomas’s concurring opinion and involved a different legal question.

But Thomas’s opinion has caught the eye of many Democrats who believe the Supreme Court’s conservative majority is poised to roll back rights extended to LGBTQ people in past cases.

Democrats supporting the bill also pointed to research from the Human Rights Campaign, the country’s largest LGBTQ advocacy group, showing state legislatures have proposed more than 300 anti-LGBTQ bills in the past year.

The bill is supported by more than 30 organizations, including the Human Rights Campaign, the National Center for Transgender Equality and the National Education Association.

“While some politicians are targeting our community with discriminatory legislation, we are grateful that the members House of Representatives are sending this message to us — and especially to transgender youth — that they affirm our lives and value the contributions we make to our country,” said Rodrigo Heng-Lehtinen, the National Center for Transgender Equality’s executive director. “We deserve to live as who we are without sacrificing our safety, access to health care or enduring violence and discrimination.”
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone is a victim in the eyes of the everyday Marxist. In a sense they actually are victims, it’s just that they are the victims of the power and money mad progressive leaders, who lie to them and use them.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

awww

they are trying to breed
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Epstein Clients.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

We should just throw a bunch of nukes into the San Andreas fault, cast San Francisco into the pacific
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The Bill of Rights already protects the pursuit of happiness.

it just does not Guarantee Happiness.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The Bill of Rights already protects the pursuit of happiness.

it just does not Guarantee Happiness.
    Well that's actually the Declaration of Independence but I get your point.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well that's actually the Declaration of Independence but I get your point.
    OK,,1st amendment "Congress shall make no Law"

contained in spirit.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. Let the people's representatives actually VOTE on the issue. Whats funny is that Gorsuch and Roberts, part of the same 6-3 vote that overturned Roe v Wade also voted to rewrite the CRA to include LGBTQ.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    We should just throw a bunch of nukes into the San Andreas fault, cast San Francisco into the pacific
    That idea just might be crazy enough to get us all killed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

You have the right to be a ******.

The end.

Anything to distract us from our pockets being picked.

Where will their new country be?

I hope it's in the other hemisphere.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Where will their new country be?

I hope it's in the other hemisphere.
    Earth's rear-end:

Australia
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Don't they already have rights? I have yet to see a dude get arrested for throwing on a dress?

Everyone should have the same rights. No one should have special rights.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The bill of rights we already have works just as well for them as me.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Everyone should have the same rights. No one should have special rights.
    What an extremely racist, bigoted thing to say.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Yep. Forget about inflation and crime, look over here instead!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Good. Let the people's representatives actually VOTE on the issue. Whats funny is that Gorsuch and Roberts, part of the same 6-3 vote that overturned Roe v Wade also voted to rewrite the CRA to include LGBTQ.
    I was well aware of that as well.

WTF do you think is going on?

Something $#@!y is afoot.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

They don't even need any Bills, they are already flooding the futures brains.

Family Pride Parade... like somebody in comments said, if someone did that at their local park they would be arrested.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...45851557416960
    Last edited by Mach; 06-29-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    They don't even need any Bills, they are already flooding the futures brains.
    not even in Key West. lived there 16 years.

Kids day is on Sunday..and Fantasy Fest is an Adult Party..

Rare for folks to bring kids.. and it is advertised as an adult party.

Kids there grow with some tolerance. without pressure.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-30-2022 at 12:33 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I really didn't care that much about transgenders before the last few years.
    Now? Screw them and this "Bill of Rights."

They are abominations, plain and simple. They are mentally ill people trying to harm our children. Can't cut it any other way given the evidence out there.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I really didn't care that much about transgenders before the last few years.
    Now? Screw them and this "Bill of Rights."

They are abominations, plain and simple. They are mentally ill people trying to harm our children. Can't cut it any other way given the evidence out there.
    The trans freaks serve dual purposes, they most certainly are pushing extremely hard to normalize pre pubescent pedophilia, and they also serve as yet another Marxist mind $#@!...

That is not an insane fat man in a dress with chemically enhanced tits.

That is a woman, and you will address her and think of her and acknowledge her as that, under penalty of law.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was well aware of that as well.

WTF do you think is going on?

Something $#@!y is afoot.
    There are three possibilities that come to mind.

1) It's just an odd coincidence.

2) 4D chess in our favor. Lull the libs into a false sense of security by Roberts and Gorsuch acting like "swing voters" until the GOP could get in a solid 6-3 majority who's rulings could survive even if a conservative judge retired.

3) 4D chess against everybody where rulings are designed to fuel the culture war. Conservative Christians are mad the LGBTQ has become the new black and liberals are mad because Roe v Wade is overturned. Build up a powder keg and wait for the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The trans freaks serve dual purposes, they most certainly are pushing extremely hard to normalize pre pubescent pedophilia, and they also serve as yet another Marxist mind $#@!...

That is not an insane fat man in a dress with chemically enhanced tits.

That is a woman, and you will address her and think of her and acknowledge her as that, under penalty of law.
    Everyone needs to see this. And she's worth subscribing to.

There are three possibilities that come to mind.

1) It's just an odd coincidence.

2) 4D chess in our favor. Lull the libs into a false sense of security by Roberts and Gorsuch acting like "swing voters" until the GOP could get in a solid 6-3 majority who's rulings could survive even if a conservative judge retired.

3) 4D chess against everybody where rulings are designed to fuel the culture war. Conservative Christians are mad the LGBTQ has become the new black and liberals are mad because Roe v Wade is overturned. Build up a powder keg and wait for the match.
    Pretty much #3.

All of this hate & blame is to take our eyes off TPTB who want that explosion.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Pretty much #3.

Yeah. The world is headed for mass starvation because of neocon/neolib policies and instead people are consumed with cultural politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    On that note, is Congress capable of passing any kind of legislation, other than naming a post office, that doesn't have "invest in" (aka spending money) provisions in it? Of course the answer is no because they have no interest in legislating for the sake of being good civil servants. That's a waste of time for them. They're only interested in how they can loot the Treasury a little bit more by positioning donors, family and friends to be the beneficiaries of those "investments".

So tired of Congress....

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Pretty much #3.

#4 - agenda 2030 "carbon reduction" aka depop
    Last edited by devil21; 06-30-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Trans Rights are what they have been telling white people they have had for years; WHITE PRIVILEGE.

But this CAN NOT BE A RIGHT.

A Right only exists if EVERYONE can have that same freedom. You can have NO MORE FREEDOM than that which you are willing to give to others.

This is EXCLUSIVE, which means they want to EXCLUDE EVERYONE ELSE, thus, it CAN NOT BE A RIGHT.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast