Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rent is too damn high...in 2022 it's for real, too damn high

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    It was the politicians who did all these things, but you're totally obtruse to supporting a political retraction of those deeds? How can it be so? Are you familiar with the law? The law in this country gives the power of reversing political decisions only to politicians or the U.S. Supreme Court. That's what I call limited options for retraction.
    Look. You're just like the Trump freaks. They hired Trump to Make America Great Again and they made excuses for him when he decided to further destroy the currency instead. Thus further justifying welfare for working people, which is purely and simply corporate welfare for corporations like McDonald's which refuse to pay a living wage.

Politicians have never, ever made America great. Ever. Only Americans have ever made America great, and Americans have always had the easiest time making America great when they had the greatest freedom to do so. So why do you think only politicians can fix this? Politicians create problems, they don't fix them.

If the federal government and the entire federal code disappeared tomorrow, nobody would accept federal reserve notes, not even Pfizer and other entities that get them for nothing, because without legal tender laws, they'd just be worthless junk bonds. No one would get food and rent to supplement their incomes, so corporations that refuse to pay a living wage wouldn't have any employees producing things for them to sell. People wouldn't be forced to make charitable contributions to an entity that skims 60-80% off the top, so that money would go to the needy. And nobody would be paying farmers to destroy their produce, nor driving oil drillers out of the country.

And in six months, we'd be handily outperforming the 1920s, when Harding and Coolidge did the same thing. They stood back and let Americans make America great, and if we could get this current crop of troublemakers out of the way, Americans could make America great again.

This isn't being "totally obtruse to supporting a political retraction". Or, at least I assume it isn't; it's hard to be sure when you made the word "obtruse" up. Obtruse isn't in my dictionary, abtruse makes no sense, and obtuse is, I assume, the insult you intend, but you're so obtuse you can't spell it, so I don't know. In any case, repealing mass numbers of stupid, obtrusive laws is a political retraction I support in the most wholehearted manner humanly possible.

Why do you insist that only the imposition of top-down policies--in other words, the very source of all our problems--can solve our problems? If hitting yourself on the left side of your head with a hammer gives you a headache, do you generally switch to hitting yourself on the right side? Does it help?

No doubt you'll tell me that my solution isn't "realistic". I have news for you, kid. People have just about had enough. That solution is becoming more realistic every day.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-01-2022 at 05:45 PM.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    acptulsa wants to repeal all the financial laws... Cui Bono ?
    acptulsa says "Hell No" to commie price caps and profit restrictions... any sane management of critical needs.
    acptulsa cannot see how this increases the government he claims to want to obliterate.
    acptulsa is obtuse AND obstrusive, thereby he is "obstruse".
    acptulsa thinks Nixon was a commie because he did price controls and started the EPA.
    ok.

but still, we're in more agreement than disagreement. End the Fed for one.

let's move on and argue again sometime. Bye.

Last edited by Snowball; 07-02-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy ... Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed." - J.F.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

let's move on and argue again sometime. Bye.

Next time you feel like being just wrong, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Next time you feel like being just wrong, I'll let you know.
    When Caesar had his debt jubilees was that acceptable to you, or an overreach of state power?
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy ... Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed." - J.F.K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12