Thread: What does the bible say happens when you die

What does the bible say happens when you die

The question of what happens after death can be confusing. The Bible does not explicitly state a person's face as they approach their eternal end. The Bible tells us about the moment after death people are taken to heaven or to hell on the basis of their faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior. As for the children of God, after death they are no longer present in the body but are with the Lord: “Therefore we are always full of confidence, and know that while we are in this body we are far from God because We walk by faith, not by sight. Therefore, I say, we, full of confidence, would rather leave this body and be with the Lord" - 2 Corinthians 5:6-8
    For unbelievers after death means eternal punishment in hell – Luke 16:22-23.
    This is a place where it can be confusing to know what will happen after death. Revelation 20:11-15 describes all those in hell being thrown into the lake of fire: “Then I saw a great white throne with Him sitting on it. Heaven and earth have all fled before Him, and there is no place for them to be found. I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book, the book of life, was also opened. The dead are judged according to their works, according to what is written in those books. The sea handed over the dead it contained; Death and Hades also hand over the dead they keep. Each person will be judged according to the work he has done. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name is not written in the book of life is thrown into the lake of fire.”
    Revelation 21-22 describes a new heaven and a new earth. That place seems to be the place of the last resurrection so that after death people are given temporary shelter in heaven or hell. Man's eternal destiny will not change but the exact place of man's eternal destiny will change. At a special time after death, God's children will be taken to a new heaven and a new earth. “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth have passed away, and the sea is no more” – Revelation 21:1. At a particular time after death, the unbeliever will be cast into the lake of fire – Revelation 20:11-15. This is the final, eternal destiny of all people based on the totality of what people believe in Jesus Christ's only salvation for their sins.
    If you want to believe in Jesus as your Savior, and receive salvation from God, this is a prayer you can say to God things like these: “Lord, I know that I have the sin of rebellion. It would help if you had been punished, but Jesus took the punishment for me so that in faith in Jesus I am forgiven. I renounce my sins and put my trust in Your salvation. Thank God for His extraordinary grace and forgiveness. Amen! (Saying these or other prayers will not save you. Only by believing in Jesus will you be forgiven. This prayer is a simple way to express your faith to others.) God and thank Him for the forgiveness of sins.)
    If you sincerely say the above prayer to Jesus. Then you are called by God Himself as His child “But whoever received Him, even believing in His name, He gave the right to become children of God – John 1:12. God will also do many amazing things in your life since you invited Him to be the Master of your life.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just as man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgment,
    Hebrews 9:27
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Your soul instantly goes to Paradise.

Ecclesiastes 12:6-14
    King James Version

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Eccl 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

The soul and the breath of life are not the same thing.

https://biblestudyministry.com/man-b...a-living-soul/

Gen 2:7 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The soul that sins dies.

Eze 18:20 Ezekiel 18:20
    “The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.”

I know many will disagree with this interpretation, and that's okay. The key is that at the end those who are asleep in Jesus will be raised up with those who are living for Jesus.

1 Corinthians 15

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[h]
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Right now today I am asking God to direct me in the way He would have me go. The weight of mountain of my past sins still seems upon me. The presence of my daily sin freaks me out. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and wants me to be perfect how can I be perfect if I can't make myself stop sinning? Is Jesus going to make remove the sin from my life? I can wake up giving thanks, make myself get up and go to the bathroom, work my garden, shop, take care of 3 handicapped people, cook ,clean, go to the dump once a week ect. But I can't make myself stop being pathetic and thinking hateful thoughts. Would I die on the cross when I could chose not to for a bunch of ungrateful sinners? I might could do it for someone I love. Jesus loves all. I know that in the depth of my being I can feel it, see it, hear it being sung in my heart. I hope it is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Right now today I am asking God to direct me in the way He would have me go. The weight of mountain of my past sins still seems upon me. The presence of my daily sin freaks me out. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and wants me to be perfect how can I be perfect if I can't make myself stop sinning? Is Jesus going to make remove the sin from my life? I can wake up giving thanks, make myself get up and go to the bathroom, work my garden, shop, take care of 3 handicapped people, cook ,clean, go to the dump once a week ect. But I can't make myself stop being pathetic and thinking hateful thoughts. Would I die on the cross when I could chose not to for a bunch of ungrateful sinners? I might could do it for someone I love. Jesus loves all. I know that in the depth of my being I can feel it, see it, hear it being sung in my heart. I hope it is enough.
    We are ALL sinners. God knows that, our flesh is weak, but He made this promise to us by sending His only begotten son here to died for us. Repent everyday, humbly, (God knows your heart) in Jesus name and ask for guidance and direction to do HIS will. Just because we remember our sins, doesn't mean God has not forgiven us for it, we remember it so we make the change not to do it again. Once He blots it out, He doesn't want to hear of it again.

Acts 3:19
    “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;”

Isaiah 43:25
    I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 44:22
    “I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.”
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

@ mis-labeled links ... mistake?
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28