Thread: RI-Gov. Signs Bill Giving Residents 6 Months to Surrender ‘High-Capacity’ Mags

RI-Gov. Signs Bill Giving Residents 6 Months to Surrender ‘High-Capacity’ Mags

No.

Let me make a counter offer:

How about, $#@! you, come and get them.

Rhode Island Gov. Signs Bill Giving Residents 6 Months to Surrender ‘High-Capacity’ Mags

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...capacity-mags/

AWR HAWKINS 24 Jun 2022

Rhode Island Gov. Dan McKee (D) signed legislation this week banning ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds and giving current owners of said magazines six months to surrender them.

The Providence Journal reports that current owners of “high-capacity” magazines also have the option to modify them so they hold ten or fewer rounds, or “transfer them to people in states where they are legal.”

McKee also signed H.7457, which raises the legal age for gun purchases from 18 to 21 and raises the legal age for purchasing ammunition to 21 as well.

The NRA-ILA warned about H. 7457 when it was put forward, “[It] increases the age from 18 to 21 for the purchase of firearms and ammunition, rendering self-defense for an entire class of legal adults impossible. The 9th Circuit Court recently struck down a similar state law on the West Coast.”

Jeff Goyette owns a gun store in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, and ABC 6 reports that he reacted to the magazine ban by pointing to dangers associated with trying to alter magazines to make them compliant.

Goyette said, “You have to make sure that each procedure that you do to any magazine is only going to accept the ten rounds. If you push [the spring] hard enough and it accepts 11 rounds, you’re a felon.”

He fears other gun store owners may not have all their magazines ready in six months and their lives will come crashing down: “All of a sudden, now my livelihood and my life has just been destroyed, because I had a 30-round magazine that I didn’t know I had. I don’t think they’re thinking about what they’re doing,”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People in RI ought to send him boxes and boxes of magazines.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Step 1) Report a magazine violation to the local police
    Step 2) There are now a bunch of cops at the pre-selected address
    Step 3) Use your imagination
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The governor must be pretty stupid if he thinks people are going to comply with this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Step 1) Report a magazine violation to the local police
    Step 2) There are now a bunch of cops at the pre-selected address
    Step 3) Use your imagination

Brew some coffee and put out plenty of donuts?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

So the RI state police and any federal pfficwers traveling to RI will only have ten round mags also ? If so I'd take that as a win . Just keep yer 30's and have them outgunned
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The governor must be pretty stupid if he thinks people are going to comply with this.

Oh, they'll comply all right, in the only way that actually matters. They'll go into "stealth" mode and stash their non-compliant magazines for "future use" (what's wrong with NOW?). The more creative among them will coat them with cosmoline, vaccuum pack them with a little dessiccant and burry them somewhere "safe." Then they'll pick up some compliant mags and when they go out shooting use those, demonstrating for all to see that thy have, in fact, bent the knee.

Then, as will occasionally happen, one of them will be caught with their contraband (turned in by an angry ex, or innocently by a careless child at school) and be prosecuted and sent to prison. The rest will be all like "Hey, didi you hear about poor Bob?", but they'll just continue along their cowardly path, oblivious to the fact that their actions pretty much nullify any utility that general firearms ownership might otherwise provide.

And around and around it will go.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 06-25-2022 at 12:15 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul