Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS has overruled Roe v. Wade

SCOTUS has overruled Roe v. Wade

Supreme Court Overrules Roe v. Wade in Dobbs Decision – Returns Abortion to State Lawmakers

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...wade-in-dobbs/

KEN KLUKOWSKI 24 Jun 2022

WASHINGTON, DC – The Supreme Court overruled Roe v. Wade on Friday, holding in the Dobbs case that the Constitution does not include a right to abortion and returning the issue of abortion laws and regulations to state legislatures.

Justice Samuel Alito wrote for the Supreme Court in Friday’s 5-4 decision:

Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return the authority to the people and their elected representatives.

Roe was handed down in 1973 in a 7-2 decision, holding that the U.S. Constitution includes a constitutional right to abortion, despite the fact that abortion is not found in the text, structure, or history of the Constitution, and the nation went more than 180 years without ever noticing it existed. It has been one of the most divisive legal issues in American history.

An early draft of Alito’s opinion leaked in May, the first such leak of a full opinion in the 233-year history of the Supreme Court, leading the left to violent protests, including destroying a pro-life center in Wisconsin, vandalizing churches, and threatening protests at the home of conservatives justices in violation of federal law.

These threats have culminated in what was almost an assassination attempt of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, which went seemingly unnoticed by President Joe Biden – who did not speak out to condemn it – and has led to rapid action on a new federal law to protect the justices. The court majority evidently stood firm against the threats and public pressure, overruling Roe and the later revision of Roe in 1992, Planned Parenthood v. Casey.

With Roe overruled, the issue of abortion now goes back to the states to pass whatever restrictions on abortions the voters of each state choose to adopt.

Alito’s majority opinion is 79 pages long. This is a developing story, and will be updated throughout the day.

The case is Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, No. 19-1392 in the Supreme Court of the United States.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    One more reason I am glad that Trump won in 2016.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Hopefully this creates a lib exodus from places like Texas and Florida.

It is desperately needed.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

GA too please. I will even rent the UHAUL for them if they just fill it up with all their crazy liberal policies and point themselves to the closest border.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The nation's self segregation is proceeding nicely.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well once they figure out they can actually move it will. Some leftists are quite stubborn and will remain in states that are diametrically opposed to their beliefs, because they are still unable to comprehend the connection between liberal policies and high rates of homelessness, skyrocketing property values, feces in the streets, crime, small-business-crippling environments, and general moral depravity.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Cortez joins Communists in calling for riots in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Well once they figure out they can actually move it will. Some leftists are quite stubborn and will remain in states that are diametrically opposed to their beliefs, because they are still unable to comprehend the connection between liberal policies and high rates of homelessness, skyrocketing property values, feces in the streets, crime, small-business-crippling environments, and general moral depravity.
    Then show them the exits.

With extreme prejudice.

No, I ain't kidding.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Florida now has more Republicans than Democrats for the first time.

Hollyweird melts down.

$#@! you people...I'm done arguing with you, I no longer want to persuade or debate you and your kind.

I am no longer willing to share a country with you filth.

Hollywood Celebrities Melt Down over SCOTUS Roe v. Wade Decision: ‘How Can We Overturn the Supreme Court?’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...supreme-court/

DAVID NG 24 Jun 2022

Hollywood celebrities were inconsolable Friday following the announcement of the Supreme Court’s highly anticipated ruling on abortion. The Left-wing stars expressed their expletive-filled outrage and fury, directing their anger at the high court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

Stars including Seth MacFarlane, Bette Midler, Michael Moore, Alyssa Milano and CBS’ Two and a Half Men star Jon Cryer publicized their emotional meltdowns.

r”How dare they,” Bette Midler demanded.

“Not too long ago, this would have been dyrstopian sci-fi,” Seth MacFarlane despaired.

“Banning abortion is about controlling women and trans men.,” Alyssa Milano bizarrely tweeted, adding that that the court’s decision is also about upholding “white supremacy.”

Singer-songwriter Matt Nathanson even wondered, “How can we overturn the Supreme Court?”

On Friday, the Supreme Court released its 5-4 decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, weeks after a draft version of the decision was leaked to the media, resulting in violent attacks on pro-life centers and angry protests outside the homes of conservative justices.

“Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority,” Justice Samuel Alito wrote in the court’s decision.

“We now overrule those decisions and return the authority to the people and their elected representatives.”

Fox’s Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane compared the court’s decision to “dystopian sci-fi.”

Disney’s Hocus Pocus 2 star Bette Midler raged: “They did it. THEY DID IT TO US!”

Michael Moore tweeted simply, “BASTARDS!”

Judd Apatow urged people to register to vote in response to the court’s decision.

Alyssa Milano bizarrely claimed that the ruling is all about “controlling women and trans men.” She also likened the decision to “white supremacy.”

Comedian Patton Oswalt attacked Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who sided with the majority.

Novelist Stephen King lashed out at the GOP.

Paramount Network’s Yellowstone star Piper Perabo offered her followers an “abortion access map.”

Disney+’s The Mandalorian star Pedro Pascal used the hashtag “#ShameonSCOTUS.”

NBC’s Parks and Recreation and Apple TV+’s Severance star Adam Scott tweeted, “$#@! these $#@!s forever.”

Charlie’s Angels director and actress Elizabeth Banks claimed that women no longer have “bodily autonomy.”

Harold & Kumar star John Cho called the majority opinion the “tyranny of the extreme minority.”

ABC’s How to Get Away with Murder star Viola Davis also expressed her dismay. “Gutted,” she tweeted.

Wonder Woman star Lynda Carter called the ruling a “tragedy.”

West Side Story star Rachel Zegler launched an expletive filled tirade.

CBS’ Two and a Half Men star called the ruling “f–ing grotesque.”

Likewise, comedian Billy Eichner lashed out with multiple f-bombs, as did actress Busy Philipps.

Rob Reiner also expressed his rage.

Star Trek‘s George Takei was apparently in tears.

Rosanna Arquette proclaimed the ruling signals the “death of America.”

Actor Michael Rapaport called pro-life women “bags of $#@!.”

CBS’ Good Sam star Sophia Bush called the Supreme Court “those motherfuckers.”

HBO’s The Wire star Wendell Pierce bizarrely referred to abortion a “constitutional right.”

MGM’s No Time to Die star Jeffrey Wright used the decision to call former President Donald Trump a “certified moral degenerate.”

Netflix’s House of Cards actor Michael Kelly tweeted, “Scream from the rooftops now.”

CBS’ Judging Amy star Amy Brenneman also expressed her devastation.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife star Carrie Coon attacked the power of states to give voters the ability to decide the matter of abortion.

Actress Keke Palmer said she is “disgusted w/ my country.”

Netflix’s Grace & Frankie actor Ethan Embry called a fetus a “foreign object.”

Showtime’s Billions actress Samantha Mathis used the hashtag “#$#@!thepatriarchy.”

Actress Kristen Johnson tweeted her rage sarcastically.

“Come On Get Higher” singer-songwriter Matt Nathanson asked “how can we overturn the Supreme Court” ruling.

Hollywood Celebrities Melt Down over SCOTUS Roe v. Wade Decision: ‘How Can We Overturn the Supreme Court?’
    But what about, our demuhcracy ?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

But what about, our demuhcracy ?
    My aching ass...

Thank you President Trump. This was worth it despite all the stupid $#@! he did.

Last edited by spudea; 06-24-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Singer-songwriter Matt Nathanson even wondered, “How can we overturn the Supreme Court?”
    6:00+:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-25-2022 at 11:20 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

https://twitter.com/AuronMacintyre/s...43959599792130

Not sure about the rest of you guys but this was a great way to end Pride Month.

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

Cortez joins Communists in calling for riots in the streets.

When the Repubs takeover next year will there be a June 24th Commission to accuse AOC of treason for the riots she is sparkplugging?

Is this POS in FBI custody yet?

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    More like he is the FBI.

Posted in Clown Show,, but relevant here.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...osts-abortions

A growing number of major corporations, including Alaska Airlines, Dick's Sporting Goods, JPMorgan, Lyft and Apple have pledged to cover travel expenses for employees seeking out-of-state abortions.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I hope it sparks SECESSION.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I find this hilarious. Wonder how many of them were perfectly ok to let the government inject people with a mandated vax but suddenly they rights? LOL Government has NO right over your body/person or self regardless if its an abortion or a vax.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Not sure about the rest of you guys but this was a great way to end Pride Month.
    Erp...Well I'll be jiggered...Whooo Hooooo!

+ $#@!ing rep to you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Of course not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast