Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCOTUS has overruled Roe v. Wade

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Women
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!
    You would think the weirdosexuals would be in favor of reducing abortions, since, as the commenter noted in OB's post, they can't make any of their own.

Less abortions would mean more children for them latch onto and raise as their own, like Pete ButtPlug and his husband.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    (And did you notice anything missing from the ACLU's list?)
    I was channel surfing from bed before passing out last night - that type of thing where you give each channel a quarter second before moving on. I hit MSNBC and Michael Steele (former RNC chairman) was sitting in as host and the bottom bar said something about abortion, so I moved on. About four channels later it finally sunk in that something seemed off-kilter about his panel of three - so I went back to take a closer look. sure enough, his panel consisted of:
    Malcolm Kenyatta - Gay CIS-male legislator from Pennsylvania
    Imara Jones - Trans woman
    Katelyn Burns - Trans woman

So these are the voices that MSNBC wants to be heard on the topic of abortion.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I wonder about the timing of this Roe v Wade decision. It came up as a big lead-in to the midterm elections. Will this galvanize people into voting Democrat?

With this most recent victory, I now declare that June will no longer be Pride Month and it'll instead be Pro-Life Month.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Roe Is Overturned - Part Of The Problem 874
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie discuss the recent overturning of Roe v. Wade, the response from the public and The Corporate Media, and the Moral argument surrounding the matter. This Episode Was Recorded On 6.27.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvXAsm-lbjQ

An Honest Conversation On Abortion
    In this clip from Part Of The Problem #874, Dave and Robbie talk about abortion.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V90O_obEdDg
    //

ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!
    The funny thing is, is that the most proabortion people I know are dudes who like to hook up without consequences. The most prolife people I know are women who have had kids. My mother is probably the most prolife person I know, thank God. The world is indebted to my mother.

Roe ENDS Crazy Begins!!!
    In this video I discuss the overturning of Roe V. Wade why the decision is legally sound & some of the reaction
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3WsEWFJOVk

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Calvin Coolidge

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    This is a good thing.

Better than conceiving a child and then killing it in utero.

Modern vasectomies are also easily reversed and have little if no negative health effects.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is a good thing.

Modern vasectomies are also easily reversed and have little if no negative health effects.
    Irrespective of the practical considerations, the spiritual significance of this, and all the other queeer/abominations exploding into the headlines, is larger than it might seem. Adam is being cut off. It portends global spiritual death.

Quote Originally Posted by BortSimpson View Post
    I wonder about the timing of this Roe v Wade decision. It came up as a big lead-in to the midterm elections. Will this galvanize people into voting Democrat?
    You can see the future...

Just saw a Democrat on TV the other day bragging about how the Roe v Wade decision is what brought the Democrats victory in the last election (well, that and some strategic voting manipulation).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is a good thing.

I was looking around the interwebz, to see what the racial breakout of the increase might be - but couldn't find anything. There's a story in Parents magazine from June of this year that showed some overall vasectomy stats by race, but I'm pretty sure they're from prior to Dobbs

Studies show that 11.4 percent of men aged 30 to 45 years reported having a vasectomy, representing approximately 3.6 million American men. While 14.1 percent of white men had a vasectomy, only 3.7 percent of Black and 4.5 percent of Hispanic men reported having a vasectomy. Alfred Winkler, MD, MBA, a urologist at Weill Cornell Medical center in New York City, tells Kindred by Parents that "in my experience, the biggest barrier to Black men choosing to get a vasectomy is lack of access to quality healthcare."
    I'm betting that the increase is primarily among middle class white men - the men with fewer fears about it, fewer cultural stigmas against it, and better healthcare opportunities. So if you're an adherent of the Great Replacement Theory, what does this tell you?

I also wonder if it's single or married men going in for the procedure. Accidental pregnancies occur with both married and unmarried couples - and it could be that older married men are deciding to undergo vasectomies to eliminate their wives' risks of complications from pregnancy (because risks increase as women age).

But it might be that unmarried men are considering the consequences - and if you look at what those unmarried unplanned pregnancy rates by race are, it would be black and Hispanic men that ought to be considering the procedure the most:
    In the United States, for example, significant differences in out- of-wedlock births exist among major social groups. While the national average for the United States in 2014 is 40 percent, the proportions of births out of wedlock for whites are 29 percent; Hispanics, 53 percent; and blacks, 71 percent.
    So yeah, unintended consequences.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-16-2022 at 07:49 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Sounds like a good thing imo. Least these men won't be passing their ideology onto their offspring.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Sounds like a good thing imo. Least these men won't be passing their ideology onto their offspring.
    As I said above, I'm not interested in the practical considerations of this... maybe it's "for the good", maybe not. What I do know is that the symbolic significance is cosmic in scale. If you think it's going to stop with those who volunteer, you are shortly in for a rude-awakening. Legally, what is the difference between vaccine mandates and sterilization mandates? None, when justified by the right "public emergency", of course...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123