Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS has overruled Roe v. Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    One more reason I am glad that Trump won in 2016.
    Indeed. He set the path.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not trying to sound like a downer or anything, but isn't this ruling kind of a double edged sword? We pretty much gave the left a reason to come out and vote in the Midterms.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    This is so real it's terrifying....
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I live in Connecticut and often times I want to purchase something online only to find out that the suppliers of the item are prohibited from selling to people in Connecticut. If Connecticut has laws that make it illegal for "Do my Own" insecticides to ship me an effective insecticide to eradicate an ant, termite, or roach problem, why shouldn't South Carolina be able to make it illegal for Planned Parenthood to ship abortion pills to their state? If a person is pregnant and abortion is illegal in their state, any person aborting a fetus should be charged with murder by the state in which they live that has deemed abortion illegal! People that want to live Liberal lifestyles should stop infecting Conservative communities and move to their own Liberal Hell Holes.

For any woman that doesn't want children:Reversing Your Tubal LigationJust because you were anti-pregnancy when you had your operation doesn’t mean you’ll always feel that way. More than 14% of women who had their tubes tied have later asked for information about how to reverse it.If you want to get pregnant, you may able to reverse your tubal ligation. In a best-case scenario, the pregnancy rate after this procedure is 75%-80%. Success depends on several things, such as:Length and health of fallopian tubesAgeThe type of surgery usedPresence of scar tissue: In general, you can’t reverse Essure, the method that causes scar tissue to form via tiny implants.If you’re not a candidate for reversal surgery, you may still be able to get pregnant through in-vitro fertilization. This is when a fertilized egg is placed directly into your womb. This may be the best option for women over 40 who want to get pregnant. Women this age are less likely to have good results from the reversal.
    https://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/pregnancy-after-tubal-ligation

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not trying to sound like a downer or anything, but isn't this ruling kind of a double edged sword? We pretty much gave the left a reason to come out and vote in the Midterms.
    Yes, this will energize the Marxists, no doubt.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

I'm sure the corporate press will try to keep it alive just like Jan 6th... But I think most people will find that this ruling has almost NO impact on their lives. Those who will be driven to vote in the mid terms by this issue already reside in blue states where nothing in the law will change. Meanwhile, their pocketbooks are being drained every day by the policies of those currently in power.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I think the support for abortion is overstated. Most so-called "pro-choice" people don't have a very hard opinion on the subject one way or another. They might agree to allow first trimester abortions, especially "if the mother's life is in danger" or cases of rape or incest.

I was one of these indecisive people on the subject for a long time. The first seed to change my opinion was Dr. Paul speaking about it in 2008. He told a story about his time as a resident. He mentioned that one hospital room was in a frenzy. All these doctors and nurses running in and out of this room frantically. They were trying to save this baby that was born premature. He then stated that across the hall, an abortion was taking place. The aborted baby was further along than the one the doctors were trying to save. This was the first time, I heard someone make a case that was unbiased and not based on an emotional partisan opinion.

Before New York passed their bill to allow abortions up to the moment of birth, i didn't know this was legal in other states. Even at that time, once the absurdity of this bill was pointed out, i thought that people are overstating what was in there and that it had to be about some extreme medically necessary cases. Then I read the bill. It wasn't. It was just as extreme, as it was made out to be. And then came the parades and fireworks funded by the state as Cuomo signed the bill. I instantly became a pro-life absolutist because it was for the first time obvious to me that this was just another leftist progression to the extreme. Another case where their definition of compromise is getting everything they want, just divided up over a decade or so.

I think most people are realizing this, and are way closer to the pro-life extreme than the leftist extreme.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    No its not a double edged sword.

There is always another election coming up, that isn't something to be worried about. This was the correct constitutional decision by SCOTUS and should have been made long ago. No upcoming election should be considered when it comes to this.

Meanwhile the economy being destroyed by Democrats is something the voters are not in a forgiving mood for. Most people aren't rabid pro abortionists. Everyone needs food to eat and gas to get to work.

"It's the economy, stupid" - James Carville
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...84365134786561

I'm not seeing where the DoD actually said they would do this (or where the DoJ said they would ignore the ruling) - at least, not in any of the quoted material presented by the article (though I don't doubt that Austin and Garland would like to do those things) - but the article does touch on some interesting points and questions (such as those involving the doctrine of "sovereign immunity").

The Pentagon Announces It Will Refuse to Follow Any State Laws Restricting Abortion Access
    https://beckernews.com/the-pentagon-...-access-45613/
    Kyle Becker (25 June 2022)

The Pentagon has made the announcement that it will refuse to recognize any abortion laws springing from the Supreme Court’s decision that there is no guaranteed right to abortion in the U.S. Constitution.

Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III issued a statement on on Friday regarding the Supreme Court’s ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization.

“Nothing is more important to me or to this Department than the health and well-being of our Service members, the civilian workforce and DOD families,” the Pentagon chief announced. “I am committed to taking care of our people and ensuring the readiness and resilience of our Force. The Department is examining this decision closely and evaluating our policies to ensure we continue to provide seamless access to reproductive health care as permitted by federal law.”

Politico reported that the Department of Defense does not yet have “any policy to announce for accommodating female service members stationed in states that have outlawed abortion,” officials tell NatSec Daily.

“Female troops seeking the procedure already face steep hurdles to getting the care they need: They cannot get abortions at military medical facilities, and federal law also prevents troops from using their Tricare health insurance to cover the cost of the procedures at private facilities, unless the life of the mother is at risk due to the Hyde Amendment,” Politico added.

“The biggest challenge currently is the lack of complete freedom to travel when you want to travel without having to get permission from a supervisor,” former Air Force JAG officer and Southwestern law professor Rachel Vanlandingham said. “Now, women serving here stateside are going to be subject to the whims [of the states] that they are involuntarily assigned to.”

It is not lost on Americans, however, that the same Pentagon that summarily discharged servicemembers for failing to comply with a Covid-19 vaccine mandate has announced it will ignore state laws and suddenly respect the bodily autonomy of female servicemembers.

The Department of Defense dismissed most religious objections to the Covid vaccine mandate and the superior protection provided by natural immunity in order to coercively ‘vaccinate’ servicemembers with mRNA shots that do not stop the spread of the virus.

The Department of Justice also issued a statement that it will also ignore the Supreme Court’s ruling and state laws that may criminalize abortion provision.

“Today, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey and held that the right to abortion is no longer protected by the Constitution,” Attorney General Merrick Garland stated.

“The Supreme Court has eliminated an established right that has been an essential component of women’s liberty for half a century – a right that has safeguarded women’s ability to participate fully and equally in society,” the statement continued. “And in renouncing this fundamental right, which it had repeatedly recognized and reaffirmed, the Court has upended the doctrine of stare decisis, a key pillar of the rule of law.”

Stare decisis, however, is not the law. If this were the case, the Dred Scott ruling and Plessy v. Ferguson would be established law.

“The Justice Department strongly disagrees with the Court’s decision,” the statement went on. “This decision deals a devastating blow to reproductive freedom in the United States. It will have an immediate and irreversible impact on the lives of people across the country. And it will be greatly disproportionate in its effect – with the greatest burdens felt by people of color and those of limited financial means.”

“But today’s decision does not eliminate the ability of states to keep abortion legal within their borders,” Garland added. “And the Constitution continues to restrict states’ authority to ban reproductive services provided outside their borders.”

“We recognize that traveling to obtain reproductive care may not be feasible in many circumstances. But under bedrock constitutional principles, women who reside in states that have banned access to comprehensive reproductive care must remain free to seek that care in states where it is legal,” he continued. “Moreover, under fundamental First Amendment principles, individuals must remain free to inform and counsel each other about the reproductive care that is available in other states.”

“The Justice Department will work tirelessly to protect and advance reproductive freedom,” Garland added.

The radical politicization of the United States government is thoroughly complete when the Department of Justice and the Pentagon can announce that it will ignore the authority of the judicial branch and state governments. This is a dangerous form of corruption that poses a direct threat to the rule of law.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-25-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    No its not a double edged sword.

There is always another election coming up, that isn't something to be worried about. This was the correct constitutional decision by SCOTUS and should have been made long ago. No upcoming election should be considered when it comes to this.

Meanwhile the economy being destroyed by Democrats is something the voters are not in a forgiving mood for. Most people aren't rabid pro abortionists. Everyone needs food to eat and gas to get to work.

"It's the economy, stupid" - James Carville
    I mostly heat my house with wood, but domestic hot water, fuel for the stove and back up hot water baseboard heat is provided by heating oil/propane.

I burn roughly 400 gallons of oil and 35 gals of propane for that.

Heating oil is usually in the $2-3 range and propane around $3-5 a gallon, which leads to a yearly fuel bill of about $1400-1600.

That has increased this year to around $2600 based on fuel oil at around $6 and propane around $5.90

If these fuel and gas prices continue into the fall, Roe and abortion will barely be a blip on the radar.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Posted in Clown Show,, but relevant here.

The best way to react to this would be to wait for about a minute or so of her blowing the whistle, then start saying in a soft, soothing voice, like a hypnotist.. 5-10 seconds between each statement.

"You are beginning to feel light headed

Your brain feels like it is floating in mid air

The oxygen is slowly leaving your brain

Now you are starting to feel a little sleepy

Your hearing and vision is starting to get blurred

Your muscles feel like a warm, wet noodle

Your muscles are getting harder and harder to control

Your legs feel weak, your body feels heavy

Your knees are starting to bend and you are about to slowly fall over onto the ground, where you will lay peacefully in the fetal position

However, there is no need to worry about being harmed, the Supreme Court will protect you"
    Last edited by dannno; 06-25-2022 at 03:20 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-25-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Fantastic! Move to a state with like minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    No u

This is terrible! Won't someone please think of the Filipina $#@!dolls?

https://twitter.com/theeangelinex/st...00159703670784

Not sure about the rest of you guys but this was a great way to end Pride Month.
    Erp...Well I'll be jiggered...Whooo Hooooo!

+ $#@!ing rep to you sir!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, this will energize the Marxists, no doubt.
    Bring it on!

Um, how, exactly, might overturning Roe v. Wade possibly affect non-breeders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Posted in Clown Show,, but relevant here.

Huh. So those things are actually real...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The best way to react to this would be to wait for about a minute or so of her blowing the whistle, then start saying in a soft, soothing voice, like a hypnotist.. 5-10 seconds between each statement.

"You are beginning to feel light headed

Your brain feels like it is floating in mid air

The oxygen is slowly leaving your brain

Now you are starting to feel a little sleepy

Your hearing and vision is starting to get blurred

Your muscles feel like a warm, wet noodle

Your muscles are getting harder and harder to control

Your legs feel weak, your body feels heavy

Your knees are starting to bend and you are about to slowly fall over onto the ground, where you will lay peacefully in the fetal position

However, there is no need to worry about being harmed, the Supreme Court will protect you"
    Hey dannno , WYSIWYG TV has more of her. A particularly rabid animal.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Because a woman can get a woman or a man pregnant. It's a biological fact, du-uh.

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/...82814255046656

(And did you notice anything missing from the ACLU's list?)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-25-2022 at 07:43 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    (And did you notice anything missing from the ACLU's list?)
    Women
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Women
    ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

Say what you will about Trump but he called it during the debate for 2016, I believe Ron Paul always believed it should go back to the states where then you take political action at the state level to get it fixed.

To me this is now the greatest accomplishment of Trump, all his other polices get rolled back within just a couple years but this is decades in the making.

For all the criticism of the orange drunken monkey, this is the best thing to come out of his presidency, it should rally the right to get more judges in the supreme court to call the shots for long after their guys are gone, they can still set the most important policies for America.
    Also the gun case for the 2nd amendment too, (New York one)if you care about that.

This is why elections matter.

I was always against the genocide of the unwanted unborn, sacrificed to the illusion of my body my choice freedoms, utterly destroyed during this recent pandemic.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 06-26-2022 at 12:04 AM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I did, over 25 year ago now.

The Great Evacuation of 2020 (which is still ongoing) is rapidly changing that, because where I moved to is clean, and white and free and healthy and low crime and physically stunning in it's beauty and is prosperous and has limited regulations, taxes and other burdens on the citizenry, everybody else from every $#@!ed up authoritarian state within 500 miles of here, wants in too, especially after the COVID lockdowns.

Wretched refuse from MA and NY and NJ and CT and god knows where else, is already turning things upside down.

Overheard this conversation in the hardware store the other day:

Middle Aged White Karen From Away: Was it fireworks you heard?

Older Man Resembling Henry Fonda From "On Golden Pond": No they were shooting guns back there.

MAWKFA: Huff Puff! Oh well that's outrageous...shooting guns in town...

AF sticks his big fat nose into it: Lady, if that bothers you, you moved to the wrong $#@!ing place. Why don't you pack the $#@! up and move along. I hear Maine's nice. $#@!! Turns on heel and leaves.

Secession would allow the erection of hard barriers, to help keep people like that, and millions like them, out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast