Thread: Soon the dead will speak-through Alexa

Thumbs down Soon the dead will speak-through Alexa

Please no ... would you be able to use the voice on a robot for company?

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/5624446...amily-members/

The US retail giant then showed off a video segment portraying a child who asks Alexa if ‘grandma can finish reading me the Wizard of Oz?’ before the AI assistant affirms the command and changes her voice.

The idea is that - after listening to someone's voice for less than a minute - Alexa would be able to simulate that voice when speaking.

It’s not clear how far into development this new feature is - or if it will even be rolled out at all.

But there are already mixed reactions about it from people on Twitter.

With some labelling it as ‘terrifying’ and others comparing it to something straight out of an episode of Black Mirror.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Please no ... would you be able to use the voice on a robot for company?

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/5624446...amily-members/

The US retail giant then showed off a video segment portraying a child who asks Alexa if ‘grandma can finish reading me the Wizard of Oz?’ before the AI assistant affirms the command and changes her voice.

The idea is that - after listening to someone's voice for less than a minute - Alexa would be able to simulate that voice when speaking.

It’s not clear how far into development this new feature is - or if it will even be rolled out at all.

But there are already mixed reactions about it from people on Twitter.

With some labelling it as ‘terrifying’ and others comparing it to something straight out of an episode of Black Mirror.
    It should be obvious that this has spiritual implications. Ancestor worship is still one of the world's largest religious practices....
    Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109

The creepiest part is when they start telling you to buy Nabisco products.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The dead should stay dead.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

When I die the only thing they'd be able to hear from me is "fk you alexa!"
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-24-2022 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Well, they already vote so ...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul