Thread: What is in the Cornyn - Murphy Senate Gun Control Deal:

Exclamation What is in the Cornyn - Murphy Senate Gun Control Deal:

The Cornyn -Murphy Senate Gun Control Deal:

- BANS gun possession based on juvenile records for all gun owners. (Section 12001)

- STRIPS gun rights for adults based on mental health care after the age of 16. (Section 12001(a)(1)(A)(ii))

- Opens up decades-old juvenile records, dumps them into the NICS prohibited persons list, uses them to disqualify gun purchases for law-abiding adults. (Section 12001(a)(2); Division B, Title I)

- Makes it virtually impossible for 18-20-year-olds to purchase any firearm. Includes a 10-day waiting period. (Section 12001)

- Authorizes $750 million in federal funding for state “red flag” gun confiscation programs with NO due process protections. (Section 12003; Division B, Title I)

- $300 million to dump juvenile records into NICS and start reporting on them without due process. (Division B, Title I)

- STRIPS gun rights due to toxic dating relationships or bad breakups. (Section 12005)

- Could open the door for senior citizen gun bans via suspicious funding for the Medicare Improvement Fund. (Subtitle B, Section 13201)

- Opens up the floodgates for prosecution of law-abiding gun dealers. (Section 12004)
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 06-22-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You overlooked a few things:

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The Cornyn -Murphy Senate Gun Control Deal:

- BANS gun possession based on juvenile records for all gun owners. (Section 12001)

- STRIPS gun rights for adults based on mental health care after the age of 16. (Section 12001(a)(1)(A)(ii))

- Opens up decades-old juvenile records, dumps them into the NICS prohibited persons list, uses them to disqualify gun purchases for law-abiding adults. (Section 12001(a)(2); Division B, Title I)

- Makes it virtually impossible for 18-20-year-olds to purchase any firearm. Includes a 10-day waiting period. (Section 12001)

- Authorizes $750 million in federal funding for state “red flag” gun confiscation programs with NO due process protections. (Section 12003; Division B, Title I)

- $300 million to dump juvenile records into NICS and start reporting on them without due process. (Division B, Title I)

- STRIPS gun rights due to toxic dating relationships or bad breakups. (Section 12005)

- Could open the door for senior citizen gun bans via suspicious funding for the Medicare Improvement Fund. (Subtitle B, Section 13201)

- Opens up the floodgates for prosecution of law-abiding gun dealers. (Section 12004)
    Good grief. How often is there a 'good breakup'?

And wouldn't pulling juvenile records from decades ago constitute some sort of ex post facto conflict?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-22-2022 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Had enough yet?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

It will be interesting to see whether a challenge makes it to SCOTUS, and if so, what the ruling will be. If they are concerned with credibility, they would have no choice but to strike down the statute.

Were I to write an Amendment XXIX, it would eliminate all statute. All bills would have to pass a strict-scrutiny test of sufficiency to qualify as Law. Statutes would no longer hold a whit of authority, as per Marbury. But more relevant to this thread, severability would be banned. If even a single element of a bill is thrown out by a court, the entire statute goes with it.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

"Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

We get what we tolerate and we deserve what we get precisely because we tolerate it.