Thread: The Difference between Tom Cruise and Top Gun and Chris Evans and Lightyear

The Difference between Tom Cruise and Top Gun and Chris Evans and Lightyear

Tom Cruise introduces the new Top Gun movie.

New voice star of Buzz Lightyear (why did they fire Tim Allen?) on critics of queeer scenes in new "LightYear" movie:

Actor Chris Evans, who voices the main character in "Lightyear," applauded moves to reflect all types of people and said those who react negatively should be disregarded.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/li...ts-2022-06-14/

Actor Chris Evans, who voices the main character in "Lightyear," applauded moves to reflect all types of people and said those who react negatively should be disregarded.

"The real truth is those people are idiots," Evans said in an interview with Reuters Television ahead of the debut of "Lightyear" in theaters on Friday.

"Every time there’s been social advancement as we wake up, the American story, the human story is one of constant social awakening and growth and that’s what makes us good,"

"There's always going to be people who are afraid and unaware and trying to hold on to what was before. But those people die off like dinosaurs," Evans said. "I think the goal is to pay them no mind, march forward and embrace the growth that makes us human."
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the one hand:

Thank you so much for coming out to see our movie. We have all worked very hard to produce this and spare no effort to make the best film we possibly could, for one reason, you, the fans. Thank you, this film is for you.

On the other:

Oh, you don't like that we embed queeer propaganda in a film made for your children to watch? Oh, well, $#@! you and die, you deserve it, you Neanderthal haters and bigots.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Chris Evans:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And it looks like "LightBeer" crashes and burns on opening weekend.

Yeah, let's queeer up a thirty year old child's film icon, oh, and replace the "problematic" voice actor associated with the character for all these years with some simpering soy boy halfwit that tells the audience to hurry up and $#@! and off die already.

What could go wrong?

Says the pink haired, shorn headed, nose ringed, bad prison tattooed, pansexual, lesbian, Marxist production VP at Diznee.

That wretched outfit can't go bankrupt fast enough.

And twenty bucks says the CCP censored the queeer scenes.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-18-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And twenty buck says the CCP censored the queeer scenes.
    I'll take that bet! My money says Disney willingly did it for them, at their behest.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'll take that bet! My money says Disney willingly did it for them, at their behest.
    Nope, they are sticking to their guns on this, which means the ChiComs will probably just ban the film outright.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...ss-2022-6?op=1

Which means Diznee will lose even more money on this piece of $#@!.

Good.

Nope, they are sticking to their guns on this, which means the ChiComs will probably just ban the film outright.
    Holy $#@!!

They have a fragment of a spine, after all. I'll be damned.

Of course, it would have to be over something like this ...

(So do you take personal checks?)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tom Cruise introduces the new Top Gun movie.

New voice star of Buzz Lightyear (why did they fire Tim Allen?) on critics of queeer scenes in new "LightYear" movie:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/li...ts-2022-06-14/

"The real truth is those people are idiots," Evans said in an interview with Reuters Television ahead of the debut of "Lightyear" in theaters on Friday.

"Every time there’s been social advancement as we wake up, the American story, the human story is one of constant social awakening and growth and that’s what makes us good,"

"There's always going to be people who are afraid and unaware and trying to hold on to what was before. But those people die off like dinosaurs," Evans said. "I think the goal is to pay them no mind, march forward and embrace the growth that makes us human."

Tim Allen was fired, "allegedly" because Disney didn't like his politics.

I never was Tom Cruise's biggest fan, but I have to admit that the guy has class. Major props for this, although it should be the norm, not the rare exception that it currently is.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

In short, Tom Cruise's welcome message is classy while Chris Evan's message is trashy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Holy $#@!!

They have a fragment of a spine, after all. I'll be damned.

Of course, it would have to be over something like this ...

(So do you take personal checks?)
    I'll take an IOU...you can buy me and @phill4paul a Mike Rowe whiskey.

I'll take an IOU...you can buy me and @phill4paul a Mike Rowe whiskey.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I cannot stand Tom Cruise any better than other Hollywood stars...

But he said some good things on the evils of psychiatry.
    The tension between the two men grew when Lauer mentioned how psychiatry helped Shields. “I’ve never agreed with psychiatry, ever,” declared Cruise. “Before I was a Scientologist I never agreed with psychiatry, and when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn’t believe in psychology.”
    (...)
    “There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance,” and that through “vitamins and exercise” a person’s problems can be cured. “Drugs are not the answer,” said Cruise. “I think there’s a better quality of life.”
    https://people.com/celebrity/tom-cru...at-matt-lauer/.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Says the pink haired, shorn headed, nose ringed, bad prison tattooed, pansexual, lesbian, Marxist production VP at Diznee.
    There is a Bob Dylan concert coming up here, as far as I can tell they don't require a proof of vaccine or a negative test..

The artist can ask for whatever covid restrictions they want.

Olivia Rodrigo, 19 year old former Disney star, required all attendees to be vaccinated at the same venue a few weeks ago.. exception for age 11 and under who can provide a negative covid test.

Pretty much everybody at the Bob Dylan concert is going to be over 50 or 60. Pretty much everybody at the Olivia Rodrigo concert is going to be under 30.

Disney is freakin satan.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner