Thread: Napolitano & Ritter

Napolitano & Ritter

talk about current events in Ukraine.

Napolitano actually asks some in-depth none generic questions & Ritter answers are must hear for truth seekers

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Controversial CIA officer gives spot on analysis of Ukraine & American position

No fluff: 100% worth read

https://grahamefuller.com/some-hard-...-post-ukraine/

Napolitano & Col Macgregor

---
    Last edited by kahless; 06-22-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I like Macgregor's "Trump Won" coffee mug
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Macgregor @9:35 and @10:20 highlights the error in most people's assumptions about this war.

Putin did not invade because "Putin does not want NATO on his borders". Nor did he invade because he is worried about "Pershing missiles in Eastern Ukraine".

Putin invaded because Eastern Ukraine is historically, ethnically, and culturally Russian, and they asked for help.

Why is this so hard for people to understand/accept? Are people just not aware of the historical background of Donbass, or do people think Russia is just deathly afraid of NATO, or what is it?

This narrative, that Putin invaded because he doesn't want NATO to expand its borders (in a general sense, not specific to Eastern Ukraine)... is completely unsubstantiated. Why does it persist, amongst people who should presumably know better?

@Occam's Banana If I understood your position correctly, you once held this view.... knowing what you do now, do you maintain that position?
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-22-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    @Occam's Banana If I understood your position correctly, you once held this view.... knowing what you do now, do you maintain that position?
    I continue to hold the same position I've held from the start, but I have no desire to ride another endless merry-go-round over this, so I will summarize my position as concisely as I may and leave it at that. Make of it whatever you will:

Putin's actions are informed and motivated by a desire to maintain Ukrainian neutrality. He would be a fool (and a very un-Russian one, at that, given Russia's history) were he not so motivated - and I do not believe that Putin is a fool. I cannot take seriously any contention that Russian intervention in and invasion of Ukraine are in no way concerned with maintaining its continued neutrality. That his actions may also be significantly informed and motivated by other factors as well - such as halting the persecution of Russian ethnics - is in no way contrary to any of this. Absent any one of those concerns (enforcing Ukrainian neutrality, ending the persecution of Russian ethnics, etc.), the likelihood of Russian intervention/invasion with respect to Ukraine would have been less than it otherwise was.

If you have understood my position to be anything other than what I have stated here, then you have failed to understand my position, I have failed to make my position adequately clear, or both.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I continue to hold the same position I've held from the start, but I have no desire to ride another endless merry-go-round over this, so I will summarize my position as concisely as I may and leave it at that. Make of it whatever you will:

Putin's actions are informed and motivated by a desire to maintain Ukrainian neutrality. He would be a fool (and a very un-Russian one, at that, given Russia's history) were he not so motivated - and I do not believe that Putin is a fool. I cannot take seriously any contention that Russian intervention in and invasion of Ukraine are in no way concerned with maintaining its continued neutrality. That his actions may also be significantly informed and motivated by other factors as well - such as halting the persecution of Russian ethnics - is in no way contrary to any of this. Absent any one of those concerns (enforcing Ukrainian neutrality, ending the persecution of Russian ethnics, etc.), the likelihood of Russian intervention/invasion with respect to Ukraine would have been less than it otherwise was.

If you have understood my position to be anything other than what I have stated here, then you have failed to understand my position, I have failed to make my position adequately clear, or both.
    Thanks. I just continue to be stumped how basically everyone in libertarian media automatically assumes that Putin's fear of NATO is so far and away the most dominant reason for Putins invasion, that any other reasons aren't worth discussing. When really the opposite is true.

I expect this of course from MSM, but had hoped by now libertarian media would have figured this out a little better.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-22-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Thanks. I just continue to be stumped how basically everyone in libertarian media automatically assumes that Putin's fear of NATO is so far and away the most dominant reason for Putins invasion, that any other reasons aren't worth discussing. When really the opposite is true.

I expect this of course from MSM, but had hoped by now libertarian media would have figured this out a little better.
    Well...the U.S. invaded Grenada for no reason other than there were Russian and Cuban advisors on that tiny island in the middle of nowhereville. So for me it's easy to look at Putin from the standpoint of WWRD. (What would Reagan do). But yeah, I agree the Donbass shelling is just as much if not more of a reason.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.