Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News Coverage for Tea Party

Has anyone heard Kucinich's numbers?
    I don't think he got ANY press for his money bomb.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by secron7 View Post
    WOW! What time??? THAT'S HUGE! He had talked about that before.
    Secron,

This is kinda of old news, but I believe GB show is at 7:00 PM EST!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Secron,

This is kinda of old news, but I believe GB show is at 7:00 PM EST!
    I had heard that Beck offered a full hour, didn't think it would actually materialize.

I had heard that Beck offered a full hour, didn't think it would actually materialize.
    It's a done deal!!!

LA TImes interview with Trevor! They mention the Tea Party, digg it!

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Th...aising_Curtain
    Beyond the Presidency - Running for office ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    My wife and I are proud members of the 2300 club!

I voted for Dr. Paul on Jan. 8th, 2008!

Kucinich had a money bomb????? I missed that one.. How'd it do?
    DRAFT JUSTIN AMASH 2020
    http://www.DraftAmash.com

Quote Originally Posted by aspiringconstitutionalist View Post
    Kucinich had a money bomb????? I missed that one.. How'd it do?
    I'm wondering the same thing. His site doesn't track donations. His was yesterday, I think the anniversary of the signing of the Bill of Rights.

ya...

He only raised around 100 grand. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by UziSprayTF View Post
    He only raised around 100 grand. I kinda feel bad for the guy.
    LOL, at least the guy is trying to shake up the democratic debate, though I'm against most of his ideas (ie: Gun Control, Socialized Medicine) he is more successful at it than Gravel.

BUMP

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey Mark Mosconi,
    I need an excuse to throw in a 3rd time-This one will be for you!

Feel better now?

AxXiom
    Last edited by AxXiom; 12-16-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: sp

Suggest a guest to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Suggest a guest to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

Ron should talk to Jay again! After today, everyone will want to have Ron on their show, and Jay is very popular. Let's get him on again!

here's my thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=55986
    Beyond the Presidency - Running for office ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    My wife and I are proud members of the 2300 club!

I voted for Dr. Paul on Jan. 8th, 2008!

You know, today would be a good day to be on tv, with the huge snowstorm up here (I'm in Maine) everyone's stuck inside watching tv.

They are criticizing the president, but won't even utter the name of the only candidate willing to change the problems they are complaining about!
    It's all pagentry. Someone said "you're IT Huck" and he gets pushed to the center of the fire... It's frustrating now, but I think it works to have Ron Paul underestimated at this point in the game.. Half full, folks, half full.
    Educating The Mainstream Now

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by thumbto View Post
    It's all pagentry. Someone said "you're IT Huck" and he gets pushed to the center of the fire... It's frustrating now, but I think it works to have Ron Paul underestimated at this point in the game.. Half full, folks, half full.
    Huck better shut up before people start listening to what he is saying. HAHA. Talk about the WORST candidate to battle Hitlery.

Anyone seeing his name on tv?

On RonPaul2008.com last night, under the "scheduled events" menu on the left... it said that CBS Evening News was scheduled to be at RP campaign headquarters tonight.

Presumably to do a "live" remote segment on the TeaParty money bomb.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1:04 PM EST: Fox News is talking about the fundraising. Finally! Only about a minute long, they still rip on him for poll numbers.

Is anyone else watching the spread start to happen on the Nov 5th vs Dec 16th total donors graph? Are we going exponential?
    Educating The Mainstream Now

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumystic View Post
    On RonPaul2008.com last night, under the "scheduled events" menu on the left... it said that CBS Evening News was scheduled to be at RP campaign headquarters tonight.

Presumably to do a "live" remote segment on the TeaParty money bomb.
    That'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by JRegs85 View Post
    1:04 PM EST: Fox News is talking about the fundraising. Finally! Only about a minute long, they still rip on him for poll numbers.
    Of Course.

This isn't news until it is over. Same thing with November 5th, the reporting of the event occurred on the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbto View Post
    Is anyone else watching the spread start to happen on the Nov 5th vs Dec 16th total donors graph? Are we going exponential?
    I just finished extrapolating the graph, and at the present degree of angular divergence from the 5th of November event, we'll finish today at around $6.25 million.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $3 million for the day in about 30-40 minutes, $4 million around 3 hrs after that... and so on.

Well, I e-mailed all of my local stations (Fox 6, NBC 4, ABC 12, CBS 58) and the local paper (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)! :-)

I'm assuming that they are completely ignorant, and might need to have the 'human interest' aspect pointed out to them.

This is what I sent:

Hello!

Today Ron Paul's supporters are trying to break their record of 4.3 million raised on November 5th!

-----------------------------
    Huntington, WV (HNN) – Never underestimate the popularity of an underdog with cross-generational, not to mention, cross-party appeal. Republican Presidential Candidate, Dr. Ron Paul is that underdog. And he has been underestimated.

But the Texas representative’s supporters caught the eye of many, including the mainstream media after an Internet fundraiser organized by grass-roots supporters, called the Money Bomb, netted $4.4 million on November 3, 2007.

Now, Paul devotees have another 24-hour Internet money bomb to drop. This one they're calling a Tea Party after the infamous Boston Tea Party.

Based on the first couple of hours of giving, the previous amount was apparently only the beginning, rather than a tech grassroots anomaly, as many in the mainstream media had asserted.

During the Nov. 5 fundraiser, it took nearly seven hours to raise $500,000. This morning, one half a million dollars had been raised by 1:20 a.m.

This pace of donations indicates a new one-day fund raising record for any candidate in United States' history is in the offing.

The campaign had set a goal of $12 million by December 31 to win in New Hampshire, Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina and Nevada.

The campaign has already surpassed that goal. The Paul supporters reached $12,380,000 by 3:20 a.m. Sunday.

Paul initially served in Congress during the late 70s and early 80s. In 1976, he and three other Republicans were the only Republican congressmen to endorse Gov. Ronald Reagan for President. After voluntarily relinquishing his seat in 1984 to return to his medical practice. He's an ob-gyn. Dr. Paul returned to Congress in 1997 to represent the 14th Texas Congressional District.

Dr. Paul has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget, and never voted for federal restrictions on gun ownership. In addition, he’s not voted to raise congressional pay or taken a government paid junket, according to his record. He's a small government conservative who says he simply does not vote for anything not authorized by the constitution.

Despite heavy pressure to follow the majority, Paul voted against the Patriot Act, against Internet regulation and against the Iraq War.

You can watch the money pour in to the Paul campaign coffers, updated every minute at http://www.Ronpaul2008.com
    --------------------------------------

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/politi...alronpaul.html

~Heather
    "Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country ... by knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them."
    ~Chief-Justice John Jay, 1777

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast