Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issue: Social: Ron Paul's views on the Space Race

I know this is "conspiracy theory" stuff, but I actually first heard of this on the History Channel (I believe--though it may have been the Science Channel or something). Anyway, supposedly there's already a colony or bases--at least "buildings"--on the moon. (here's a youtube clip that shows some of the pictures that were on the TV show I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VYCkcfGco).

I don't know about this, but UFO type things are interesting. There is some really interesting information out there that is hard to deny or explain. I know a lot of people don't even like to consider the possibilities (shunning them as "conspiracies"), but if you're open-minded and honest with yourself, there is a lot of very intriguing phenomena that nobody has been able to explain. And if there is (physical) evidence and information being kept hidden from the public, it sure would be nice to know. This could be a big reason why those in power want to hide--they want to hoard all the cool stuff. Anyway, I’m just being goofy, but still...it is interesting.... And if nothing else, it makes for good fantasy.

(I believe!)
    Last edited by richard1984; 07-05-2007 at 03:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    It's much bigger than that. This is going on all over the world and has been for more than 10 years now. It's worth your time to do some further research on it.
    My pleasure! Thank you for the advice/push. I love researching this stuff. ...if only I could get paid to do it.... (seriously)

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard1984 View Post
    I know this is "conspiracy theory" stuff, but I actually first heard of this on the History Channel (I believe--though it may have been the Science Channel or something). Anyway, supposedly there's already a colony or bases--at least "buildings"--on the moon. (here's a youtube clip that shows some of the pictures that were on the TV show I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6VYCkcfGco).

I don't know about this, but UFO type things are interesting. There is some really interesting information out there that is hard to deny or explain. I know a lot of people don't even like to consider the possibilities (shunning them as "conspiracies"), but if you're open-minded and honest with yourself, there is a lot of very intriguing phenomena that nobody has been able to explain. And if there is (physical) evidence and information being kept hidden from the public, it sure would be nice to know. This could be a big reason why those in power want to hide--they want to hoard all the cool stuff. Anyway, I’m just being goofy, but still...it is interesting.... And if nothing else, it makes for good fantasy.

(I believe!)
    Your youtube link doesn't work.

Take out the ) at the end.

How in the world did a thread about the space race turn into a thread about chemtrails and alien moon bases?

I fixed the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesogen View Post
    How in the world did a thread about the space race turn into a thread about chemtrails and alien moon bases?
    Haha! I think I was responding to something someone said about colonizing the moon.

I want to see a debate between the people who say we never really landed on the moon and these folks that are saying we discovered alien bases after landing on the moon. Actually, I NEED to see it.

I want to see a debate between the people who say we never really landed on the moon and these folks that are saying we discovered alien bases after landing on the moon. Actually, I NEED to see it.
    Aren't those people one and the same? You want to see a debate where some conspiracy nut talks to himself? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Ummm yeah. Just some hippy nut :

Dr. Carol Sue Rosin (b. March 29, 1944 in Wilmington, Delaware) is an award-winning educator, author, leading aerospace executive and space and missile defense consultant. She is a former spokesperson for Wernher von Braun and has consulted to a number of companies, organizations, government departments and the intelligence community. She is the current President of the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS) which she co-founded with Alfred Webre. Dr. Rosin has received the support of various prominent individuals such as U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich [1][2], and Hon. Paul Hellyer, a former Canadian Minister of National Defence. She is also a witness for The Disclosure Project. [3]

Rest here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_r...ons_consultant
    Russia and the U.S. unite: Former enemies sign agreement to work on nuclear weapons to tackle the danger of ASTEROIDS

As a minarchist, I have a dilemma here. I don't see space exploration as a necessary expense, although I do see the great number of benefits it has made to mankind both in terms of our explorer spirit and massive discoveries in technology and our basic understanding of the universe. I would guess, in reference to the OP that Ron Paul would not have supported such programs given his ideological purity. I don't know what I would do.... tough call.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

I would guess, in reference to the OP that Ron Paul would not have supported such programs given his ideological purity. I don't know what I would do.... tough call.
    Just comes down to how well we're able to practically envision the gains while putting to rest nonsensical aspects of passed logic and then put it to good use in the political community. Lots of stuff happening regarding the space program but just bumped the thread to add that one bit of relevance to current events. Really just want to see who is paying attention or if any interest exists in this community. If not then there are other places where there are.

Interesting times, for sure.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Just comes down to how well we're able to practically envision the gains while putting to rest nonsensical aspects of passed logic and then put it to good use in the political community. Lots of stuff happening regarding the space program but just bumped the thread to add that one bit of relevance to current events. Really just want to see who is paying attention or if any interest exists in this community. If not then there are other places where there are.

Interesting times, for sure.
    Yeah... thread derailment sucks. Great thread question though. +rep
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

That's OK. It was six and a half years old to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    That's OK. It was six and a half years old to begin with.
    Uh-Uh. It's OK because visionaries carry a compass instead of a calendar, Zip. Is the difference between helping change (in it's truest form)along and watching it pass you by. The future is timeless, Zip.

As well, the one keeping the calendar is almost always the same person who would influence the people to conform to how they did it last time so that they fail to appreciate the idea of looking forward to see another path. And so then the people doom themselves into repeating history.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-21-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I wouldn't call them apparent chemtrails. So far, the chemtrail theory has about as much credibility as most other theories here.

Is it just me or is Ron Paul a conspiracy theorist magnet? Maybe the theorists are more vocal than the non-theorists...
    No it has been undoubtedly proven that the U.S. Air Force flies jets around the nation on a daily basis for the sole purpose of laying a chemical cover, the only remaining question is why (e.g., does it involve HAARP experiments, is it to ensure that the short or long range radar tracking of aircraft functions correctly, is it to simply manipulate the weather in an effort to substantiate the warped arguments of the global warming crowd for future legislation to be crafted after enough environmental crises occur, is it a long term test on the molecular manipulation or restructuring of mankind and nature?)

ETA: Goodness gracious that novel sounds like the makings of yet another Austin Power movie.
    Last edited by Weston White; 10-21-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Yeah... thread derailment sucks. Great thread question though. +rep
    I didn't derail the thread though. Just providing a relevant update to the theoretical "space race". The link I shared provides a monumental bit of information as to where the space program is heading. Probably some of the most important information on the entire site if one were to appreciate it for what it is.

Now, the chemtrail stuff? That's derailing.

Seems like there is this social misconception that it's OK to forget. This notion negates a firm grasp on transition and certainly impedes an understanding of change itself.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-21-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Actually there is a very interesting documentary concerning the genius Stanley Kubrick entitled “Room 237” about “The Shinning”, adapted from a story written by the master-of-horror Steven King, a partial synopsis reads (which it is available on Netflix):

“Where you may think it’s merely a horror story — remember that blood flooding out of the elevator? — these devotees argue that Kubrick’s movie is really about more than a writer going homicidally bonkers,” Powers says. “For one, it’s about the genocide against Native Americans; for another, it’s about the Holocaust; yet another says the film is Kubrick’s admission that he helped fake footage of the Apollo 11 moon landing. By way of evidence, these folks point to all sorts of ‘clues,’ from the presence in several shots of the Calumet Baking Powder logo — with its distinctive tribal chief in a feathered headdress — to apparent continuity errors involving misplaced chairs that, this being Kubrick, can’t possibly be mere errors.””

Further noting the background involved in the making of another Kubrick masterpiece “2001: A Space Odyssey” and his controversial death surrounding his exposure of the Illuminati culture within his (conveniently) underrated “Eyes Wide Shut”.

Regardless as to whether or not NASA (or anybody else for that matter) has actually ever landed on the moon remains debatable, one thing is for certain the footage of the moon landing was faked. Asking a few simple questions points to the absurdness of the position held by the government, such as: why did NASA destroy all of the footage from the moon landing; did they really have the technology back then to wirelessly transmit live from space and with such clear and well timed sound and images (And if so why did they withhold such beneficial technologies from the public until just recently and what good is NASA and similar agencies, such as DARPA, if they keep worthwhile inventions from society?); why has no other nation yet bothered to make their own manned moon landing; why has NASA not yet been back or attempted to setup a moon base or colony; why has NASA or for that matter Google not yet scoped new high-definition images to map the entirety of the moon (currently all we have is distant still shots of large areas—at this point we have such better imagery of Mars than the Moon); what about investigating the present condition of the U.S. Flag that was supposedly planted over 44-years ago (Would that not be interesting to determine the long-term effects of deterioration in space?); why is there no anniversary of the moon landing that is celebrated (Will there by a 50th year anniversary at least?); they myriad of issues concerning severe radiation exposure, extreme changes in temperature, oxygen availability, zero-gravity concerns, and the limited advancements in technology and oversized gear that would have been required back in the 1960’s; why is NASA so overly defensive to those that raise fairly serious questions and discrepancies over the supposed moon landing?

ETA:

And as to the point of the thread, I think NASA (along with DARPA) should be downsized and absorbed into a special division of the U.S. Air Force, similarly to the Rangers, Seals, or EOD. And then all open space manned exploration would be suspended until technology permits for a more practical means of attending to such desires. In the mean time it would instead focus on the exploration and understanding of earth and its intra-planetary rotation and changing of continents, its interplanetary orbit and how it functions in the long-term within the universe as a whole (e.g., we still have not fully explored our own oceans, are still trying to comprehend weather patterns, geological affluence, are still discovering new life in the rainforests, and the like), including for the most part inventing new means of alerting and defense throughout earth’s various atmospheres (including gridding and shielding from incoming missiles, bombs, UFO’, space debris, etc.) and practical use (generally life benefiting) technologies within earth’s various atmospheres. As well the mapping out and exploration of our surrounding planets through unmanned beacons and rover-craft (which could also serve as sort of ever watchful alarm monitoring systems strategically positioned throughout space to rapidly notify us of other potential visitors, life, useful resources, or passing objects).

Noting further theories (as to the points within my ETA), which are too quickly dismissed as being quack-conspiracies include:

1. That planets very slowly grow over time, which vastly better explains the theory of Pangaea than just simply continental shift in and of itself, why other planets are so massive, and follows the principle of rapidly spinning objects which compel themselves to spherically enlarge through the forces of opposing gravity.

2. That crude oil is the result of dinosaurs, even when I was in school such a notion sounded like pure fiction (which would indicate that one could drill for oil virtually anywhere and strike it rich or that dinosaurs walked themselves to gigantic graveyards to pass away and collectively pool their natural resources thousands of feet below the surface to be harvested for energy by future generations); rather it is much more likely that crude oil is a process similarly to how diamonds and gems are created, although acting as a sort of self-manufactured bearing grease created by the earth through the sever friction and pressures of its ceaseless rotations, taking from other natural resources in the process, (e.g., rocks, dirt, water, mud, corpuses, plant life, minerals, etc.)

3. That earth possess its own natural cleansing cycle whereas the continents slowly pitch their degrees around the earth’s circumference endlessly throughout time, meaning that one day the Anarchic will one day shed its freezing temperatures for the high humidity and heat of the meridian, Africa its extreme head for the cold of the North Pole or South Pole, etc.
    Last edited by Weston White; 10-22-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12