Thread: House passes sweeping gun bill

House passes sweeping gun bill

House passes sweeping gun bill to raise assault rifle purchase age to 21; plan faces long odds in the Senate

The House on Wednesday passed a sweeping gun bill that would raise the minimum age to purchase an assault rifle in the U.S. from 18 to 21, even though the legislation doesn’t stand much of a chance in the Senate.

The bill, called the Protecting Our Kids Act, would also bar the sale of large-capacity magazines and institute new rules that dictate proper at-home gun storage.

The Democratic-held chamber approved the legislation in a 223-204 vote. It passed in a mostly party line vote: Five Republicans supported the measure, while two Democrats opposed it.

The House earlier voted by a 228 to 199 margin to include the purchasing age provision — under heavy scrutiny after two recent massacres carried out by 18-year-olds — in the broader bill.

The package is a collection of several pieces of legislation designed to limit access to guns and other firearm equipment in the wake of last month’s mass shootings in Buffalo, New York, and Uvalde, Texas, that left 31 Americans dead.
    More: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/08/uval...fle-to-21.html

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 239
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...53067588395012
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...58358061076481

Rep. Thomas Massie Calling Out The Dems Gun Grab

https://twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1534581796989554691

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...30862717280258

Need to raise the minimum age to become a politician to about 150.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

ONE Democrat, Jared Golden, voted Nay.

Maybe he's worth calling up and giving thanks to?

I doubt he has done much good as a US Rep, but this was courageous because he got in the way of Democrats' ability to say it was unanimous.

For context, 8 Republicans voted Yea.

Fitzpatrick
    Gonzalez (OH) (not seeking re-election, good riddance!)
    Jacobs (NY) (not seeking re-election, good riddance!)
    Katko (not seeking re-election, good riddance!)
    Kinzinger (not seeking re-election, good riddance!)
    Malliotakis
    Smith (NJ) (Please Primary him OUT on June 7th!)
    Upton (not seeking re-election, good riddance!)

F them.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 06-09-2022 at 02:56 AM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...58358061076481
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 06-10-2022 at 08:26 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Dave Smith sounds off on the McConaughey speech thing...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Fck all the RINOs who voted with the Democrats on that bill.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The bill, called the Protecting Our Kids Act,
    They should call it,

the "Lets Turn Millions of Law Abiding Citizens into Felons So They Have Nothing Else To Lose and We Can Finally Light This Powder Keg On Fire" Act
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...30862717280258
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Texas and Florida need to pass nullification bills. With teeth.

As for teeth... my suggestion would be: "All Federal raids must be done under the command and supervision of the Texas Sheriff's department and anyone planning or participating in unauthorized raids will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of Texas law."
    - Kim Kardashian

Rep. Thomas Massie Calling Out The Dems Gun Grab

@2:00 if it's on record that a law-maker is pushing for legislation that they know is unconstitutional, how is that not treason ??? They swore a goddamn oath
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If they pass a deal with mag limits im gon be pissed
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If they pass a deal with mag limits im gon be pissed
    I remember some people poo-pooing the idea of an 1 million armed man march on Washington. Is it time yet?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I remember some people poo-pooing the idea of an 1 million armed man march on Washington. Is it time yet?
    I'm not sure what that would accomplish, besides poking the bear... but then again, I like poking bears.

Sounds good to me
    - Kim Kardashian

To hell with Washington. Trying to effectuate change via D.C. is an utterly futile lost cause.

Marching on it would be purely symbolic, at best - and even then, it is a symbol that would be used to reinforce their gaslighting propaganda.

People need to be marching on their state capitols and making it clear that compliance with Washington will not be tolerated.

Maybe then, something might actually start to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    To hell with Washington. Trying to effectuate change via D.C. is an utterly futile lost cause.

Marching on it would be purely symbolic, at best - and even then, it is a symbol that would be used to reinforce their gaslighting propaganda.

People need to be marching on their state capitols and making it clear that compliance with Washington will not be tolerated.

Your plan is logically better but people may not be energized/motivated at this point to do something that is "logically better".

An armed march on the capitol will get to that same result... just with more steps.

I'm fine with either plan. Or any plan. Anything at this point, is better than nothing.
    - Kim Kardashian

Someone should get in contact with Ray Epps, see if he would be willing to work on a project together
    - Kim Kardashian

Your plan is logically better but people may not be energized/motivated at this point to do something that is "logically better".

An armed march on the capitol will get to that same result... just with more steps.
    But that's just the thing. I am deeply skeptical that it would get the same result - or for that matter, that it would get any useful result at all (except for the feds).

In any case, though, the deal the Senate just put together appears to do little more than add some bureaucracy and paperwork - and (of course) throw money at the "problem". I doubt that that, by itself, it's going to be enough to inspire more than a few dozen people to march on D.C. (or even just the local post office), let alone a million - more's the pity.

I'm fine with either plan. Or any plan. Anything at this point, is better than nothing.
    I'm something of a fatalist. What will be, will be, and what won't, will not.

All anyone can do is whatever they think best - and then see what might come of it (if anything).

Someone should get in contact with Ray Epps, see if he would be willing to work on a project together
    Maybe Patriot Front have an opening in their schedule, too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm fine with that. I had meant to edit with 1 million in Washington and 100k at each state capitol, but never got around to it, so I'm glad you brought it up. That would only be some 1.5 million gun owners. A small fraction of actual owners.

But, more than likely everyone will just lube their trigger fingers and stick it up there ass until such a time comes when they have to buy ammo through an FFL check regulated to 20 rds. per month with an 2000% tax to stick in their 5 rd. magazines.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-12-2022 at 01:21 PM.

But, more than likely everyone will just lube their trigger fingers and stick it up there ass until such a time comes when they have to buy ammo through an FFL check regulated to 20 rds. per month with an 2000% tax to stick in their 5 rd. magazines.
    I remain hopeful that at some point someone with the proper knowledge and expertise, gets fed up enough to do something about it.

Sets an example for others to follow.
    - Kim Kardashian

I'm fine with that. I had meant to edit with 1 million in Washington and 100k at each state capitol, but never got around to it, so I'm glad you brought it up. That would only be some 1.5 million gun owners. A small fraction of actual owners.

Sad but true.

What's REALLY Behind Red Flag Laws - Razör Rants
    https://odysee.com/@RazorFist:1/what...ed-flag-laws:2
    //