Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 2267

Thread: The Russia-Ukraine War

US to send more tanks and drones to Ukraine.

Zelensky says Ukraine will use the weapons to retake lost territories.

https://news.antiwar.com/2022/11/04/...es-to-ukraine/

Take a wild guess what this means. Russia will have to hit harder. It can hit harder. A LOT HARDER.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

Take a wild guess what this means. Russia will have to hit harder. It can hit harder. A LOT HARDER.
    I think it's more likely they will just try to frustrate as long as possible. For the Russians it's the state of society that will determine when this will end. For EU and NA, it's when the money has lost its value. That's the battle we're having, between Russian hearts and minds and our bank accounts and economies.

I'd rather have none of this. War sucks for everyone in the end.
    "I am a bird"

S&P Global Report Shows Eurozone Manufacturing Continues To Contract

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...s-to-contract/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Japanese Energy Company SODECO Retains Stake In Sakhalin-1

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...in-sakhalin-1/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"The US could defeat Russia in a direct confrontation involving only conventional weapons!"

I keep hearing this claim either directly, or implied, and every time I hear it, it leaves me in a massive Picard-style facepalm. If you've never seen heavy-armor transports in person, consider the following video (it's 19 minutes long, just watch 30 seconds to get the idea):

Now, just use a little common sense and imagine how long it takes to load/unload just one of those trains. Just loading up a train like that would take days, and that's assuming everything goes perfectly smoothly (all equipment is already at the base, readied for transport, etc.) Unloading would, again, take days. The transport itself across the US could take several days. So, moving a massive contingent of armor across a continent which we fully control would take weeks. And that's assuming full control, perfect planning and execution, and ideal conditions.

Now, imagine Russia or China trying to transport their tanks (a similar number as being transported on these trains) onto any place on the US continent. How long do you think that would take? Not weeks, months. And we're assuming that the US is just "letting" them do it. If the US were to use direct military force to prevent this, well, it's pretty obvious that it would simply be impossible. It's much easier to sink an armor-transport vessel than it is to keep it afloat (or shoot down an aerial armor-transport, than to keep it aloft). And so on.

So, "who can defeat who" is relative to where this supposed fight is taking place, a point that is never mentioned by the leftist-warmongers (BTW, this used to be a paradox, like neoCONs). The US cannot defeat Russia in a direct confrontation, even if no nuclear weapons are used, on Russia's doorstep. Sorry to burst your little ego-bubble, but Russia actually does have F15s (equivalent) and nukes. If you're fighting Russia in Ukraine, you have to support the armor-logistics from your nearest bases which are ~10,000 miles away, while Russia is supporting its armor from hundreds or a couple thousand miles away. It's not even a competition. The US is in the reverse position as what I've described above, trying to land armor onto a hostile shore, while the Russian military can just take pot-shots at you and crater your transport aircraft, etc.

"Yeah, but NATO." Well, NATO has already shown its schizophrenic colors. So far, the pressure that Russia has put onto US/NATO has been indirect, like restricting energy exports. But if US/NATO go ahead and aggress across a bright-red-line that Russia has drawn, there can be no doubt that Russia is going to strike back in direct proportion, force-per-force. Once the body bags start going back to their respective home countries in the US/NATO alliance, the real cost of the war is suddenly going to become apparent to the political decision-makers in their respective countries. The theory is that US/NATO have calculated all the scenarios and will manage to keep it together. We'll see how reality plays out versus the war-game simulations.

Russian defense strategy is not very complicated, and their main doctrines are not secret. Russian tactical defense operates by shutting down air superiority with cutting-edge SAM capabilities (and backed up by competent satellite/air-force capabilities of their own), effectively creating a "no-fly zone" along their borders, in combination with heavy armor and artillery. Russia's military doctrine for home defense can be called "the ground game". While the US is just as competent with armor as the Russians, the problem is that the Russians are using their armor on their own border which is only hundreds of miles from their domestic network of bases, versus the US which is having to fly/drive this equipment 10s of thousand of miles, over transport methods which are slow and extremely vulnerable to being picked off. NATO is closer, but this only slightly reduces the Russian advantage on its borders, the main bulk of its defensive advantage remains.

This explains why Russia is so defensive about US/NATO's 2014 political coup in Ukraine, of which this present conflict is just the sequel chapter. US/NATO have no legitimate interest in Ukraine, whatsoever, not for business, not for politics, nothing. The only reason for US/NATO to be in Ukraine is precisely to undo Russia's defensive doctrine, explained above. If the US can establish bases in a country that is directly on Russia's border (and unimpeded by defensive territorial features), then it can set Russia up for a direct conventional weapons war where Moscow stands at real risk of losing, without resorting to nuclear war. This fact is the whole reason that Russia's diplomats have been literally begging US/NATO to sit down at the table and renegotiate nuclear disarmament, in order to ensure that scenarios like this simply cannot arise. As it currently stands, if US/NATO continue to escalate their aggression in Ukraine, this conflict will reach a point where Moscow has no reason not to escalate to nuclear scenarios. Once you get the crowbar into the door-frame and rip the front-door off the hinges, there is no reason for the homeowner to refrain from using a firearm. The idea that the homeowner is now just going to have a fistfight with you, is absolutely insane. In other words, the US/NATO politicians are gambling the future of their domestic populations for the sake of a dick-measuring contest. And it's not like there's some giant pile of gold in Moscow that they're trying to heist. This is all for ego, nothing else. Utter madness...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

"The US could defeat Russia in a direct confrontation involving only conventional weapons!"

I keep hearing this claim either directly, or implied, and every time I hear it, it leaves me in a massive Picard-style facepalm. If you've never seen heavy-armor transports in person, consider the following video (it's 19 minutes long, just watch 30 seconds to get the idea):

Now, just use a little common sense and imagine how long it takes to load/unload just one of those trains. Just loading up a train like that would take days, and that's assuming everything goes perfectly smoothly (all equipment is already at the base, readied for transport, etc.) Unloading would, again, take days. The transport itself across the US could take several days. So, moving a massive contingent of armor across a continent which we fully control would take weeks. And that's assuming full control, perfect planning and execution, and ideal conditions.

Now, imagine Russia or China trying to transport their tanks (a similar number as being transported on these trains) onto any place on the US continent. How long do you think that would take? Not weeks, months. And we're assuming that the US is just "letting" them do it. If the US were to use direct military force to prevent this, well, it's pretty obvious that it would simply be impossible. It's much easier to sink an armor-transport vessel than it is to keep it afloat (or shoot down an aerial armor-transport, than to keep it aloft). And so on.

So, "who can defeat who" is relative to where this supposed fight is taking place, a point that is never mentioned by the leftist-warmongers (BTW, this used to be a paradox, like neoCONs). The US cannot defeat Russia in a direct confrontation, even if no nuclear weapons are used, on Russia's doorstep. Sorry to burst your little ego-bubble, but Russia actually does have F15s (equivalent) and nukes. If you're fighting Russia in Ukraine, you have to support the armor-logistics from your nearest bases which are ~10,000 miles away, while Russia is supporting its armor from hundreds or a couple thousand miles away. It's not even a competition. The US is in the reverse position as what I've described above, trying to land armor onto a hostile shore, while the Russian military can just take pot-shots at you and crater your transport aircraft, etc.

"Yeah, but NATO." Well, NATO has already shown its schizophrenic colors. So far, the pressure that Russia has put onto US/NATO has been indirect, like restricting energy exports. But if US/NATO go ahead and aggress across a bright-red-line that Russia has drawn, there can be no doubt that Russia is going to strike back in direct proportion, force-per-force. Once the body bags start going back to their respective home countries in the US/NATO alliance, the real cost of the war is suddenly going to become apparent to the political decision-makers in their respective countries. The theory is that US/NATO have calculated all the scenarios and will manage to keep it together. We'll see how reality plays out versus the war-game simulations.

Russian defense strategy is not very complicated, and their main doctrines are not secret. Russian tactical defense operates by shutting down air superiority with cutting-edge SAM capabilities (and backed up by competent satellite/air-force capabilities of their own), effectively creating a "no-fly zone" along their borders, in combination with heavy armor and artillery. Russia's military doctrine for home defense can be called "the ground game". While the US is just as competent with armor as the Russians, the problem is that the Russians are using their armor on their own border which is only hundreds of miles from their domestic network of bases, versus the US which is having to fly/drive this equipment 10s of thousand of miles, over transport methods which are slow and extremely vulnerable to being picked off. NATO is closer, but this only slightly reduces the Russian advantage on its borders, the main bulk of its defensive advantage remains.

This explains why Russia is so defensive about US/NATO's 2014 political coup in Ukraine, of which this present conflict is just the sequel chapter. US/NATO have no legitimate interest in Ukraine, whatsoever, not for business, not for politics, nothing. The only reason for US/NATO to be in Ukraine is precisely to undo Russia's defensive doctrine, explained above. If the US can establish bases in a country that is directly on Russia's border (and unimpeded by defensive territorial features), then it can set Russia up for a direct conventional weapons war where Moscow stands at real risk of losing, without resorting to nuclear war. This fact is the whole reason that Russia's diplomats have been literally begging US/NATO to sit down at the table and renegotiate nuclear disarmament, in order to ensure that scenarios like this simply cannot arise. As it currently stands, if US/NATO continue to escalate their aggression in Ukraine, this conflict will reach a point where Moscow has no reason not to escalate to nuclear scenarios. Once you get the crowbar into the door-frame and rip the front-door off the hinges, there is no reason for the homeowner to refrain from using a firearm. The idea that the homeowner is now just going to have a fistfight with you, is absolutely insane. In other words, the US/NATO politicians are gambling the future of their domestic populations for the sake of a dick-measuring contest. And it's not like there's some giant pile of gold in Moscow that they're trying to heist. This is all for ego, nothing else. Utter madness...
    Well said.
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Oil Companies See Most Profitable Six Months Ever

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...x-months-ever/

Britain Seeks LNG Deal With US

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-deal-with-us/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Blonde journalist in Donetsk talking about something probably important

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/19278
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Ukrainian soldiers got a hold of a Russian military ration and started making jokes about giving it to animals.

The laughing stopped real quick as they opened the box…

https://t.me/intelslava/40769
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Europe’s Rush For Gas Is Starving The Supply To Developing Nations

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...oping-nations/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Europe Appetite for LNG Has Grown Immensely

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...own-immensely/

Europe Is Heading To A Diesel Crunch Next Year Due To Russian Sanctions

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...ian-sanctions/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Everybody dies"

I've stopped worrying and now I love the bomb
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

India Preparing To Sue Germany For Failed LNG Deliveries

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...ng-deliveries/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It feels like SPAM sordy

Can ya be more selective?

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    It feels like SPAM sordy

Can ya be more selective?
    I am selective.
    I post much more on other sites.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Eurozone Sees Wood Thefts Rise As Energy Prices Skyrocket

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...ces-skyrocket/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

- Kim Kardashian

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

Looks like Ukraine is willing to lose more if they keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I am selective.
    I post much more on other sites.
    Then you are spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Then you are spamming.
    Nope.
    I'm sharing news on a news forum.

You are just throwing frivolous charges around.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Germany Amasses Cash In The Event Blackouts Take Down Payment Systems

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...yment-systems/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Looks like Ukraine is willing to lose more if they keep trying.
    It's really based on corruption at this point more than anything else.

They are pocketing the cash and selling weapons on the black market.

Even their commanders are leaving dead bodies on the field while Russia tries to let them collect the bodies - they don't.

This is because the commanders take the dead soldiers' pay if they are not reported as casualties for 90 days.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

More PoW's executed by the Ukrainian military

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/14180
    - Kim Kardashian

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Russian Babushkas warn of civil war in the US and offer Elon Musk asylum if he removes his satellites from Ukraine

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/14695
    - Kim Kardashian

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    - Kim Kardashian

Juan Sinmiedo interviews an American Neo-Nazi who went to Ukraine to fight with the Azov

https://telegra.ph/INTERVIEW-WITH-BO...ATTALION-11-12
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast