Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2282

Thread: The Russia-Ukraine War

EU Begins A Subsidy Spree To Stop EU Companies Moving To US

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-moving-to-us/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

To answer the question in the OP, I'd say the answer turns on one's specific definition of "winning". I would also point out that winning could be seen along many differing lines.

As for my view on the matter, I tend to take the broades philosophical line, which leads me to the opinion that in the case of Russia v. Ukraine, nobody wins regardless of outcomes. Do the dead give the least damn who "won"? Does "winning" make good all the loss of the living, whether from the kin of the dead, those who've been maimed by the acts of madmen, or the losses of other properties, often to the economic destitution of entire families?

What is all this bull$#@! talk of winning? I see none of that anywhere. The human animal is a rotten beast on the whole. I wish I could say we don't deserve what we're getting and stand to see in the future, but I'd be lying.

Seriously now, think for a moment of the broader reality. Even the "winners" lose. They bankrupt themselves economically. They lose countless of their own. Those "in charge" become prisoners of the results for which they had such raging erections pursuant to what they thought they wanted. Consider our presidents - their lives are turned to $#@! in so many respects, not that I'm shedding even a single tear for any of them. Trump can't even poke Melania in the ass without his secret service agents listening in. I'd rather die in a house fire.

We are a net-loser species. Every fantastic gain we contrive with our fabulous creativity is eclipsed by that much and more because of our raving stupidity and wild corruption, neither of which do sufficient numbers of us show any manifest desire to change. As I like to quip, we are our own worst enemies.

Theye are playing most of us like cheap fiddles and so far as I can see at this time, they will have their way with the world. That means that we are all up $#@! creek without so much as the canoe, much less a paddle with which to navigate.

To the small minority who would fight, I say press on regardless. What else have we to do that is a better use of our time? Make Themme pay the highest possible prices for everything they strive to take from you. If we are not going to hunt and dispatch Themme and their lines, at least make them sweat and toil as much as possible for maximum effect.
    Last edited by osan; 11-27-2022 at 07:14 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

For Muh Russia, 'winning' means not having NATO nukes and bio-warfare facilities on their doorstep.

This conflict was called in 2008 by now-CIA director Burns, in the 'Nyet means Nyet' cable, as released by Wikileaks.

BTW free Assange.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    To answer the question in the OP, I'd say the answer turns on one's specific definition of "winning". I would also point out that winning could be seen along many differing lines.

As for my view on the matter, I tend to take the broades philosophical line, which leads me to the opinion that in the case of Russia v. Ukraine, nobody wins regardless of outcomes. Do the dead give the least damn who "won"? Does "winning" make good all the loss of the living, whether from the kin of the dead, those who've been maimed by the acts of madmen, or the losses of other properties, often to the economic destitution of entire families?

What is all this bull$#@! talk of winning? I see none of that anywhere. The human animal is a rotten beast on the whole. I wish I could say we don't deserve what we're getting and stand to see in the future, but I'd be lying.

Seriously now, think for a moment of the broader reality. Even the "winners" lose. They bankrupt themselves economically. They lose countless of their own. Those "in charge" become prisoners of the results for which they had such raging erections pursuant to what they thought they wanted. Consider our presidents - their lives are turned to $#@! in so many respects, not that I'm shedding even a single tear for any of them. Trump can't even poke Melania in the ass without his secret service agents listening in. I'd rather die in a house fire.

We are a net-loser species. Every fantastic gain we contrive with our fabulous creativity is eclipsed by that much and more because of our raving stupidity and wild corruption, neither of which do sufficient numbers of us show any manifest desire to change. As I like to quip, we are our own worst enemies.

Theye are playing most of us like cheap fiddles and do far as I can see at this time, they will have their way with the world. That means that we are all up shhit creek without so much as the canoe, much less a paddle with which to navigate.

To the small minority who would fight, I say press on regardless. What else have we to do that is a better use of our time? Make Themme pay the highest possible prices for everything they strive to take from you. If we are not going to hunt and dispatch Themme and their lines, at least make them sweat and toil as much as possible for maximum effect.
    I can't disagree very much.

There are no winners except the western elite.

Many, many losers.

However, Russia will maintain control of most or all of Ukraine and will neutralize them as a tactical threat.

I was listening to a analyst today who said that in victory, Russia will bear an immense financial burden of rebuilding Ukraine.

Personally, I think this cost will be a good investment for Russia if the multi-polar world model emerges.

If not, look for western Ukraine to knock out Moldova as being Europe's poorest nation.

New Report – Europe Needs To Reduce Gas Consumption, And Get new Supplies

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-new-supplies/

Germany Prepares Massive Windfall Green Energy Tax

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...en-energy-tax/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I can't disagree very much.
    However, Russia will maintain control of most or all of Ukraine and will neutralize them as a tactical threat.
    The fact that any nation views other nations as a threat in this day and age, is all anyone needs to know to come to the correct assessment that we are a species of losers.

Is it not bad enough that we have to worry about such matters with individuals and small gangs? That we have to wring our hands over the fact that people now superorganize on national levels... that is the proof that we shall not end well, no matter what happens. The problem isn't communism, or dictatorships. The problem is the human animal, and that animal never changes. I have recently wondered whether that fact is what stands behind this now very obvious push to so-called "transhumanism". It would make very strong sense that Theye would seek to change the fundamental nature of the vastly greater bulk of humanity. Change them so as to become more reliably manageable, which of course necessitates the obviation of our tendency to rebel, regardless of causes and other reasons.

The only chances that remain for liberty, so far as I can see, are as follow:

1. A non-scripted reset event occurs, knocking us back to what would essentially become the new stone age.
    2. Every nation on the planet is dissolved in terms of what we know as "state governments".
    3. God miracles our asses into better beings.
    4. Aliens land, resulting in a quantum alteration of human mentality worldwide and we all start sucking each others' dicks.

It is clear that we are so grotesquely corrupted in our minds, that our bodies will not be prompted to act in accord with #2.

It seems whollyunlikely, bordering on the impossible, that God will wave his wand and we suddenly become virtuous creatures. I think neither He nor we would want that, but some sufficient improvement pursuant to the goal would perhaps be a good compromise; make us just good enough such that we only kill one another on individual and small-group bases. Things like continental destruction and so-called "holocausts" would become things of the past. But would even that be good enough when we as creatures always adjust our vision relative to new realities? Would we not then become individually miserable over a small street gang mugging old ladies for their social security checks, as we do now over nationwide destruction and butchery? Even so, I would not mind giving such improvements a shot so we could at least find out. After all, we might retain the choice to return to our current state, were the alterations to prove unpalatable. This is, of course, nothing but my moot speculations. I suspect Goad made us as good as we can be made. He gave us our human world and look what we are doing with it.

#4 assumes benevolent aliens, which if we take ourselves as examples, means we would remain screwed, even forgetting the low likelihood of visitors showing up. Besides, what alien species, having given us a good looking-over, would be stupid enough to contaminate themselves with the pus and other mental ejecta that ooze and spew from our generally demented selves?

So this leaves #1 as the sole possibility that is in any measure realistic. A meteor strike might do nicely as a near-extinction event. Even manmade scenarios like synthetic plagues would do well toward the end in question, so long as they went off-script beyond Theire control, thereby wiping Themme out as well as most of the rest of us; anything that would cause the collapse of Theire control architecture such that they become as nothing in the relevant senses.

The plague of human mental infirmity has raged for millennia. It was bad enough when humans remained comparatively primitive such that a free man could at least in principle escape to the wilds of lands uncharted. Today that is no longer really feasible. Firstly, few people have the basic knowledge of how to live entirely on their own. Even real-deal mountain men of the 18th century needed to come to town on occasion to stock up on some essentials, which leaves the rest of us quite SOL. Secondly, even if graced with such ability, our technologies are such that one can no longer hide for very long. Add to that the absence of remaining uncharted land, and the impossibility of escaping Themme grows large in one's eyes, the best option today being to get real quiet and make like a tiny hole in the world, that Theye may not take notice of you. People like me with yaps too big and egos too stubborn to just simply kneel and kiss the ring, have no chance.

But as I oft repeat to the rolling eyes of all, no matter how doomed we may be, I say fight to your last breath. Press on regardless, come what may. We may not be able to avoid our grim fate, but we can always choose how to meet it. I prefer to do so on my feet. YMMV.

I was listening to a analyst today who said that in victory, Russia will bear an immense financial burden of rebuilding Ukraine.
    I would say that Russia will tell Ukraine, and the rest of the world, to $#@! off. Ukraine will be left to the "west" to rebuild because Putin knows that the people of the west will foot the bill. That, or they will simply remain in occupation and leave the Ukrainians to fend for themselves. Russia has demonstrated their willingness to bear "acceptable losses". Why would they stop now? Their people are disarmed, are used to having nothing good in life, and remain well broken to the Whipmaster's word. I see no downside for Russia in these respects. But I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Personally, I think this cost will be a good investment for Russia if the multi-polar world model emerges.
    That's a big "if". While potentially convincing, the viability of the whole multi-polar speculation turns on the assumption that the Global Hegemon (Theye) do not exist, or stand to lose their position. Such an assertion would have to be presented in the most unavoidably convincing terms in order for me to accept it. What difference does any of it make if Theye are in control of it all? The notion of a multipolar world order could be nothing more than just the latest production on the stage of world political theater. Either way, it nonetheless means nothing good for the vast bulk of humanity, the only prediction guaranteed to hold being that of enduring and likely growing tyranny. I've noted in the speculations that the Muslims are viewed as a growing possible pole. Whoopdy-fukkin'-doodoo for liberty. I care which flavor of slavery I get only when liberty is no longer an option and I am too cowardly to choose death over servitude. "Welcome to Mama Scumbaggi's restaurant of slavery... which flavor of $#@! would you like from our menu today, comrade?"

If not, look for western Ukraine to knock out Moldova as being Europe's poorest nation.
    I'd hold my bets awhile. That possibility yet looms. I have read lately that the "west" seems to now waver on Ukraine in the apparent wake of that little missile thing with Poland and the fact that Zelensky and company were caught red-handed in an attempt to pin the event on Russia. Assuming it was all off-script, I've previously mentioned my wondering whether Theye shat their pants in anticipation of the possibility that their fukkkery with a global nuclear power might be about to get away from them.

As for the Ukrainians, meh...
    Last edited by osan; 11-27-2022 at 08:30 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Oh, and as a cherry on top......

The new terrorist genie is out of the bottle, thanks to the US/UK/Nato.

History shows us that when we heavily arm thugs, they eventually go in to business for themselves and eventually turn their aggressions on us.

Azov scum and traditional "Russian" (jooish) mobsters are now granted free authority to roam the EU at their will as "refugees".

Until recently, the EU had restrictions on travel for Ukrainians because they were considered likely to not return.

In Switzerland, due to energy savings, the Large Hadron Collider was stopped, and in 2023 the operation of the complex will be reduced by 20%, CERN said
    https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/34144

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thanks for the best updates on everything @ Swordsmyth
    >_<

Yeah, Lord knows the connection between the Ukraine war and the Large Hadron Collider is obvious and solid, and of all the possible distant side effects of this war, that's the most earth-shattering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So it’s now being speculated that Russia is in the midst of a major offensive in the near future.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/57368.htm
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    So it’s now being speculated that Russia is in the midst of a major offensive in the near future.

I hope so, this war has been very boring for a few months now
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

With any amount of luck, Russia will soon smash what is left of the Ukrop and mercenary bunch and will have Zelensky & Co in chains, waiting for trial in Donetsk.

There is a death penalty on the books in Lugansk and Donetsk.

I'm not a fan of the death penalty, but Z & Co have earned it.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

It seems like the calm(somewhat) before the storm...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    It seems like the calm(somewhat) before the storm...
    Patience.
    Waiting for the rats to leave their Hide holes and show themselves.. to minimize collateral damage (human shields)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yeah, Lord knows the connection between the Ukraine war and the Large Hadron Collider is obvious and solid, and of all the possible distant side effects of this war, that's the most earth-shattering.
    You do know why they have such a horrible energy shortage, right?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Russia And China Look To Bypass SWIFT

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-bypass-swift/

German MP Says Germany Cannot Replace Russian Gas

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...e-russian-gas/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

German Unemployment Rose In November

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...e-in-november/

France Continues To See Inflation Surge

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...flation-surge/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

EU Russian Oil Sanctions May Yield “Violent Price Spike”

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...t-price-spike/

Switzerland May Ban EVs Amid A Threat Of Blackout

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...t-of-blackout/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Germany Seeks To Ban Energy Price Hikes For One Year

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-for-one-year/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One Quarter Of Germans Cannot Afford Christmas Gifts Due to Inflation

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-to-inflation/

Two Million Brits May Disconnect From Grid Over Energy Costs

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-energy-costs/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One Quarter Of Germans Cannot Afford Christmas Gifts Due to Inflation
    Due to the great fallling away and forced replacement, it would probably be more statistically relevant to query how many people are planning on buying Ramadan gifts this year in Germany.

I think people are getting bored of this war by now. Just saying.

Chinese freedom seems to be the new battlefield...
    "I am a bird"

UK Faces A Decade Of Lost Growth
    https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...f-lost-growth/

Russia Orders Replacements For Apple And Google Pay
    https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...nd-google-pay/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

British Farmers Warn Skyrocketing Costs Will Reduce Food Supply

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...e-food-supply/

Critical Leg Of Russian Pipeline Into China Complete

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...hina-complete/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

As Dutch Inflation Soars, Prospects For Growth Wane

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...r-growth-wane/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Britain Puts Coal On Standby As Temperatures Plummet

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...tures-plummet/

EU Again Fails To Agree On A Gas Cap

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-on-a-gas-cap/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Millions Of Britons To See Living Conditions Decline

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...tions-decline/

Finnish Inflation Hits 40 Year High

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-40-year-high/

Europe Ravenous For Russian Crude Ahead Of Ban

https://www.thefinancialtrends.com/2...-ahead-of-ban/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Kyiv Seizes Assets Of Russian Orthodox Clerics

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...thodox-clerics

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast