Thread: Prof. Julie A. Werner-Simon: Call for a Constitutional Convention; Repeal the Second Amendment

Prof. Julie A. Werner-Simon: Call for a Constitutional Convention; Repeal the Second Amendment

Yikes. Here come the Leftists.

Prof. Julie A. Werner-Simon: Repeal the Second Amendment
    Law professor calls for a Constitutional Convention to repeal the Second Amendment

Repeal the Second Amendment

Julie A. Werner-Simon
    May 25, 2022

Enough with legislation fixes and firearm enthusiast jurists’ interpretations. Enough with the “thoughts and prayers,” and magical thinking that people who rage will hang up their weapons without intervention and will stop killing each other. Enough with the innumerable mass shootings that blur together in our memories, so that we can’t even remember who, where, and how many have died.

Enough.

Call a constitutional convention. Repeal the Second Amendment.

Julie A. Werner-Simon is a former federal prosecutor, former constitutional law fellow, and currently serves as a law professor (adjunct) at Drexel University’s Kline School of Law, University of Southern California’s Gould School of Law, and is also a legal analyst at Drexel’s LeBow School of Business.

Full Article:
    https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/com...-20220525.html

Related:

Michael Moore demands end to Second Amendment

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ond-amendment/

Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 05-26-2022 at 06:28 PM.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The 2nd Amendment would never survive a Constitutional Convention, despite what Mark Levin thinks.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The 2nd Amendment would never survive a Constitutional Convention, despite what Mark Levin thinks.
    With the current government we have, I find it hard to believe any Amendment would actually survive. That's why I don't understand why anybody would want to have a Convention of States right now.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 05-26-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

and people thought 1/6 was bad? wait til the open the constitution to be rewritten. Yet, people won't just let states secede? makes no dam sense.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Secession now.

It's gotta happen.

And Langley knows it which is why they won't allow it to happen.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Help Stop Ohio COS Constitutional Convention Applications HJR 1 and SJR 4
    https://jbs.org/alert/stop-ohio-cos-...-applications/

Members of the Ohio General Assembly are seeking to pass HJR 1 and SJR 4, which would apply to Congress to call a convention to propose amendments under Article V of the Constitution, otherwise known as a constitutional convention (Con-Con).
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    Yikes. Here come the Leftists.
    Let them...$#@! them all and every one.

Light this candle...I dare you.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-27-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

99% of the “republicans” in my area WANT a ConCon. They truly believe it will restore all of our rights, and the republican politicians will be vindicated.

Voting should be illegal. My individual rights are not represented or respected, by politicians, or Amerkkkans.

Democracy = Slavery. “Vote harder”. Fascism/Communism is what most people have fought and died for. You can’t stop the change.

And people wonder why I am on the extreme right of right extreme.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry my friends but it seems that the world is changing faster than earlier anticipated. This is very unfortunate but I think ultimately cannot be stopped. How sad that may seem, really. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next decade or two but the cards will be shaken up. On the one hand it doesn't look good for liberty, but if we're honest, it hasn't looked good for a very long time. A shake-up of sorts, worldwide, might be a catalyst to a new future, whatever it may hold. All I know is that people are easily swayed by the current environment. In a harsh environment, with challenges, things may be more fertile for our ideas. Who knows. I do not have a crystal ball but I don't mind imagining sometimes.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'm sorry my friends but it seems that the world is changing faster than earlier anticipated. This is very unfortunate but I think ultimately cannot be stopped.
    It can be stopped. Liberty has been under threat before. We all enjoy a good fight.

E-mail your state Reps:

Stop Article V Convention Applications
    https://jbs.org/alert/stop-article-v...-applications/

Whether your state has previously passed and has a “live” application to Congress to call a convention to propose a balanced budget amendment (BBA) or not, your state is likely still the target of other organizations advocating for an Article V convention to propose different amendments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They'll just tweak it a tiny bit. Just enough to get the camel's nose in the tent.

And that's all they'll need to do.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    They'll just tweak it a tiny bit. Just enough to get the camel's nose in the tent.

I see that as well. The anti-2A Democrats and the Pro-BBA Republicans will compromise and create a limited "common sense gun control" Second Amendment in exchange for a BBA.

BBA = Balanced Budget Amendment

I see that as well. The anti-2A Democrats and the Pro-BBA Republicans will compromise and create a limited "common sense gun control" Second Amendment in exchange for a BBA.

And unfortunately, that won't even be a trade-off. It will just be two horrible changes to the Constitution. We can be 100% certain that any BBA that could get ratified will do far more harm than good.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

And unfortunately, that won't even be a trade-off. It will just be two horrible changes to the Constitution. We can be 100% certain that any BBA that could get ratified will do far more harm than good.
    Agreed. A BBA is a horrible idea. It's a Lose-Lose situation and the Republicans have been completely duped by it.

The Unbalanced Budget Amendment
    A careful analysis of the various previously proposed balanced budget amendments reveals a number of problems or loopholes, making it more appropriate to call them the unbalanced budget amendments (or UBAs).
    https://thenewamerican.com/the-unbal...get-amendment/

The Left Baits a Trap: the “Balanced Budget Amendment”
    https://thenewamerican.com/the-left-...get-amendment/

I'll repeat what I said a week ago in another thread with a similar context (just replace "New York[ers]" with "America[ns]"):

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Good. Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding apace.

If New York wants to turn itself into an Orwellian hell-hole (complete with actual, literal "thought police"), then so be it. Either there will be enough people in New York who will recognize the danger of all this vicious nonsense and will be impelled to do something about it by whatever means, or there won't be (in which case, New York will get what it deserves).

I'm also hoping that they will indeed "strengthen the toughest gun laws in the country" by making those laws even more draconian than they already are - intolerably draconian, even. Then I hope they are taken to court, the case goes to SCOTUS, SCOTUS rules against them, and they say;, "well, $#@! you, then - we're just gonna enforce them anyway" (and again, if enough New Yorkers don't feel impelled to do anything about this, then they'll get what they deserve). Maybe then, other saner states will start adopting and applying the idea of non-compliance with federal edicts. (Nullification doesn't have to happen only over things "our side" agrees with, after all.) Let's get this party started ...

United Divided we stand, divided united we fall.[1]

Join Separate or die.

[1] Let's not give these latter-day, wannabe Caligulas the "one neck" they have always wanted.
    So, then - a con-con to repeal the second?

Do it ...

/not-sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    99% of the “republicans” in my area WANT a ConCon. They truly believe it will restore all of our rights, and the republican politicians will be vindicated.
    This is why I'm in favor of a ConCon. It should be the final proof once and for all that secession is unquestionably necessary.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I'm sorry my friends but it seems that the world is changing faster than earlier anticipated. This is very unfortunate but I think ultimately cannot be stopped. How sad that may seem, really. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next decade or two but the cards will be shaken up. On the one hand it doesn't look good for liberty, but if we're honest, it hasn't looked good for a very long time. A shake-up of sorts, worldwide, might be a catalyst to a new future, whatever it may hold. All I know is that people are easily swayed by the current environment. In a harsh environment, with challenges, things may be more fertile for our ideas. Who knows. I do not have a crystal ball but I don't mind imagining sometimes.
    Yup. Whatever the case, spin the dice. Introduce some chaos.

The status quo sucks giant man-titties and if everything only gets worse then fine, but doing nothing and just watching this silly $#@! clown show march continuously forward in predictable ordinary fashion just ain't gonna cut it.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This is why I'm in favor of a ConCon. It should be the final proof once and for all that secession is unquestionably necessary.
    The Federal government has bigger guns and tanks than you. I highly doubt secession would work.

Plus, I'm not a fan of the "worse is better" strategy. The Deep State and the NWO-types are trying to implode this country to achieve their Globalist plans. Why help them?

Cheap talk

Have a great weekend

The Federal government has bigger guns and tanks than you. I highly doubt secession would work.

Plus, I'm not a fan of the "worse is better" strategy. The Deep State and the NWO-types are trying to implode this country to achieve their Globalist plans. Why help them?
    What is the "federal government" and where is it? DC?

DC doesn't have a whole lot of tanks.

Texas on the other hand, has nukes.
    - Kim Kardashian

They had "bigger guns and tanks" than the Viet Cong and Taliban, too., for all the good it did them. And the Gang of Eight had more and bigger guns and tanks at their disposal than Yeltsin did - but the Soviet Union fell apart at the seams anyway (and with amazingly little violence).

The question is not whether they have more or bigger weapons. The question is whether they have the will and wherewithal to pay the political price of actually using those guns and tanks on Americans on Main Street USA.[1] It is not at all a foregone conclusion that they do.

[1] In sharp contrast to, say, some poor, brown-skinned unfortunates in some $#@!hole country no one cares about on the other side of the planet. It's one thing to flex about what an invincible bad-ass you are when it comes to bombing the ever-loving hell out of starving children in Yemen. After all, what's it gonna cost you, really - even if you lose (see: Afghanistan)? But it's quite another thing when it comes to the prospect of bombing anyone at all in Peoria or Springfield. How can anyone seriously believe that it's simply a matter of "rock beats scissors" (or "tank beats AR-15")?
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-27-2022 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

The question is whether they have the will and wherewithal to pay the political price of actually using those guns and tanks on Americans on Main Street USA.

It is not at all a foregone conclusion that they do.
    Correct. They would like us to believe that they do. It is why they conjure the Ghost of Lincoln every time this argument comes up. Its "settled", they say.

Maybe they will invade. Maybe they won't. But what separates a man, from a slave, is the courage and conviction to stand up, and take that risk.

The stronger we are when we separate, on our terms, the more likely it will be peaceful.

If we do not separate, there is no chance for peace. We will end up separating anyway, but on their terms, and we will lose. And as a culture, if not entirely as human beings, we will cease to exist.

Secession is the only option. It's going to happen anyway. It'll be much better, if we do it on our terms, than theirs.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 05-27-2022 at 02:43 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

And for those who aren't able to read between the lines, secession "on their terms", is genocide.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    And for those who aren't able to read between the lines, secession "on their terms", is genocide.
    Now that genocide just means interracial marriage, it's kind of lost its sting.
    Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now that genocide just means interracial marriage, it's kind of lost its sting.
    I was referring more to the line up against the wall and get shot in the head variety, but okay
    - Kim Kardashian

If a Balanced Budget Amendment ever passed it would get violated immediately.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If a Balanced Budget Amendment ever passed it would get violated immediately.
    Not at all.

Politicians would use the BBA as an excuse to raise taxes, you know, ... to the balance the budget.

New draft Second Amendment:

A well regulated Police, National Guard, Military and Internal Security Force, being necessary to the security of the State, the right of such government agencies, departments, bureaus, boards, centers, and miscellaneous government entities and government partners to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

One thing about murdering $#@!tard leftists is they dont like to miss an opportunity. Can you imagine the $#@!hole world this person is encouraging ? Where only violent criminals and derelict govt agencies that currently perpetrate these events ( like fbi ) are armed ?
    Do something Danke

Tell it it Vietnam
    or Afghanistan.

and note that all that armor and equipment is located a lot closer to re-appropriation than people who make that claim think.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom