Thread: Rhode Island becomes 19th state to legalize recreational marijuana

Rhode Island becomes 19th state to legalize recreational marijuana

Marijuana Is Now Legal In Rhode Island, With Governor Signing Bill To End Prohibition

By Kyle Jaeger
    May 25, 2022

The governor of Rhode Island signed a bill on Wednesday to legalize marijuana, making it the 19th state to end prohibition.

While it will be at least a few months until adult-use retail sales launch in the Ocean State, adults 21 and older can now legally possess up to one ounce of cannabis and grow up to six plants for personal use, only three of which can be mature.

There were months of negotiations between lawmakers, advocates, stakeholders and the governor’s office before a revised version of the legislation was introduced earlier this month. But once the text was released, the identical companion bills in both chambers quickly advanced through committee and were approved on the floor on Tuesday.

Gov. Dan McKee (D), a proponent of legalization who released his own reform plan as part of his budget proposal this year, signed the measure just one day after the legislature sent it to his desk.

read more:
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/mari...d-prohibition/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad to see more states using Nullification to fight against the Unconstitutional actions of the Federal Government.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

They have no choice. They don't want to lose the tax revenue to neighboring states.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    I'm glad to see more states using Nullification to fight against the Unconstitutional actions of the Federal Government.
    Yup
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    We can use a lot more of that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Good news thanks 4 awareness

Nineteen down, 31 more to go. "Live free or die" state is now the lone holdout in the New England region.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Nineteen down, 31 more to go. "Live free or die" state is now the lone holdout in the New England region.

Should be "live free or shrug whats on netflix"
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his