Thread: Newly "Republican" Elon Musk wants tighter background checks and assault rifle restrictions

Newly "Republican" Elon Musk wants tighter background checks and assault rifle restrictions

Wut? I thought he was a born-again conservative?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/25/elon...-in-texas.html

n an email to CNBC, Musk blamed the media for giving murderers the attention he believes they crave by covering mass shootings.
    He said he supports “tight” background checks for all gun purchases and special licenses for assault weapons.

Dude, at least wait until the manufactured honeymoon with Republicans is over before blowing your cover story. Sheesh.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We already have tight background checks and special licenses for assault weapons.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    We already have tight background checks and special licenses for assault weapons.
    Musk, of course, means standard semi-auto ARs, not M-4s and other actual machine guns.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

He is not the genius that people have been misled to believe he is so this is what you get. Since he is the newly appointed Savior for the right they will be perfectly fine with gun control now even repeating DNC talking points calling for "common sense" gun control.

As for the game one up team players that buy into the show, they will remain silent without further news media instruction to oppose him since doing so otherwise might make them feel like an outsider to the game or in the tinfoil hat territory.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    All that I saw Musk claim was that he could no longer vote Democrat and would now vote Republican.

Was he claiming to be a born-again conservative?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    All that I saw Musk claim was that he could no longer vote Democrat and would now vote Republican.

He just said he's voting Republican in the next election.
    He said nothing about being a Conservative.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

Perhaps I'm looking into my crystal ball just a tad ahead of the curve but yeah, it's called building the foundation. Did you already forget about how the liberal billionaire from NY became a Republican standard bearer? You're watching how a liberal billionaire from California tries to accomplish the same feat.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Wut? I thought he was a born-again conservative?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/25/elon...-in-texas.html

Dude, at least wait until the manufactured honeymoon with Republicans is over before blowing your cover story. Sheesh.
    Sounds a lot like Donald Trump.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He is not the genius that people have been misled to believe he is so this is what you get. Since he is the newly appointed Savior for the right they will be perfectly fine with gun control now even repeating DNC talking points calling for "common sense" gun control.

As for the game one up team players that buy into the show, they will remain silent without further news media instruction to oppose him since doing so otherwise might make them feel like an outsider to the game or in the tinfoil hat territory.
    Evil genius is still genius. Just saying.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

nope

fkoff wigger
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I don't recall ever hearing Musk say he's now a Republican. All he said was he was going to be voting Republican in the next election.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Musk blamed the media for giving murderers the attention he believes they crave by covering mass shootings.
    I have to agree with that.

Next up, someone needs to educate Elon on weapons and the fallacy of an "assault" weapon.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I don't recall ever hearing Musk say he's now a Republican. All he said was he was going to be voting Republican in the next election.
    Tomato tomatoe

The clown is talking about being suicided and at the same time pushing for more anti-2A laws, hahaha
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

I wonder if Trump has given any thought to seeing if Musk would like to be his running mate.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Shrug. This isn't enough for me to lose faith in Elon as being a reasonable person.

If Elon were to sit down with someone like Colion Noir, I have no doubt it would positively influence his opinions
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    88 percent in new poll support background checks on all gun sales

headlines everywhere
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Elon now calling for "homicide insurance" for gun owners, among other "common sense" gun control measures. Gee, wouldn't that insurance mean being added to a database somewhere and being subject to arbitrary (almost certainly exorbitantly expensive) premiums for such a policy? Probably not very great for one's social credit score, either....

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...cial-permit-be

Elon Musk supports ALL of the technocratic policies of the WEF (see a sample of his tweets and WEF tweets below).
    Obviously this includes gun control...

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Not very surprising, technocrat Elon Musk promotes the technocratic WEF Great Reset agenda, including the DNA altering, immune destroying, infertility causing COVID vaccines...

Elon Musk has boasted about Tesla's involvement in producing these synthetic "vaccines".
    On 16 November 2020 for example, Elon Musk tweeted (fyi: CureVac is a German vaccine producer).

Technocracy-Elon-Musk-Eugenics
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    88 percent in new poll support background checks on all gun sales

headlines everywhere
    Probably made up poll. The right needs to play their game.

88 percent support common sense gun control laws such as no licensing requirement or background checks. See how that works.

They have been fabricating polls for a long time and the right always falls for it like suckers or are complicit. I remember all the way back to Reagan, his admin was easily swayed by polls provided by radical woman's rights movement related to fathers and child support. After investigation it turned out the polls and the data they used about fathers not paying was completely made up. But by that time Reagan reached across the aisle for votes and passed their legislation.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.