Thread: Biden Revives TPP With New Indo-Pacific Trade Agreement

Biden Revives TPP With New Indo-Pacific Trade Agreement

Biden Revives TPP With New Indo-Pacific Trade Agreement

The New American
    May 25, 2022

In his relentless quest to undo everything accomplished by his presidential predecessor, Joe Biden has taken another major step backwards: resuscitating the former Trans-Pacific Partnership trading bloc (TPP), which President Trump torpedoed in 2017. In the five years since the United States exited the TPP, the People’s Republic of China has not been idle, launching its own Pacific Rim trading initiative, the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, just five months ago.

Enter the TPP 2.0, or Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF), a 13-nation accord scheduled to be ready for signing within a couple of months. The new IPEF will join the United States with India, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam, a bloc accounting for roughly 40 percent of the world’s entire economy. After considerable uncertainty, Taiwan was not invited to join, but the United States intends to negotiate a separate trade deal with that island republic. The People’s Republic of China was pointedly not invited, although it may be drawn into the deal sometime in the future.

As to the purpose of the new Indo-Pacific trade bloc, its official goals include mitigating the long-term effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and the war in Ukraine. According to White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan, “IPEF is a 21st Century economic arrangement designed to tackle 21st Century economic challenges.”

Full Article:
    https://thenewamerican.com/biden-rev...ade-agreement/

The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember when Hillary Clinton wanted to approve TPP?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Remember when Hillary Clinton wanted to approve TPP?
    Remember when Donald signed the TPP into effect by changing the name to the USMCA?

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/fr...ts/rebalancing

Key Achievement: Exceeding NAFTA 1.0 and TPP Standards with Stronger Rules of Origin and Enforcement

The United States, Mexico, and Canada have agreed to stronger rules of origin that exceed those of both NAFTA 1.0 and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), including for autos and automobile parts and other industrial products such as chemicals, steel-intensive products, glass, and optical fiber.

This deal exceeds NAFTA 1.0 and the TPP by establishing procedures that streamline certification and verification of rules of origin and that promote strong enforcement. This includes new cooperation and enforcement provisions that help to prevent duty evasion before it happens.

The United States, Mexico, and Canada have also reached agreement on new provisions covering trade in specific manufacturing sectors, including Information and Communication Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Cosmetic Products, and Chemical Substances. Each of the annexes includes provisions that exceed NAFTA 1.0 and TPP that promote enhanced regulatory compatibility, best regulatory practices, and increased trade among the countries.

(who's the new OP shill account, posting prepackaged propaganda items? smells like a Swordy clone)
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Remember when Donald signed the TPP into effect by changing the name to the USMCA?
    In Blow to Globalism, Trump Withdraws From TPP “Trade” Regime
    https://thenewamerican.com/in-blow-t...-trade-regime/

The TPP and the USMCA aren't the same.

USMCA replaced NAFTA, but it still needs to be removed.

(who's the new OP shill account, posting prepackaged propaganda items? smells like a Swordy clone)
    I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for opposing these so-called "Free Trade" agreements.
    Last edited by WisconsinLiberty; 05-25-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinLiberty View Post
    In Blow to Globalism, Trump Withdraws From TPP “Trade” Regime
    https://thenewamerican.com/in-blow-t...-trade-regime/

The TPP and the USMCA aren't the same.

USMCA replaced NAFTA, but it still needs to be removed.
    You're right. USMCA exceeded the TPP, which was what my link directly to the US Trade Rep's website explains. This new trade deal is just another leg of the globalist agenda being enacted. TPP was already included in the USMCA.
    (Trump "withdrew" from TPP sorta like how he withdrew from the WHO, which didn't take effect until after his presidency was over. They just incorporated it into the USMCA and loaded a bunch more of NAU stuff into it and passed it all instead. Cuz' Republicans fall asleep at the wheel when a Republican is playing President, ya know.)

I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for opposing these so-called "Free Trade" agreements.
    You're not. You're posting clearly prepackaged and preformatted media items, complete with embedded banners even and all that from a brand new account. Some of us didn't just fall off the turnip truck. Plus, the info is inaccurate so there's that. If you're not a shill at least step your game up. Many of us on RPF have seen it all.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You're right. USMCA exceeded the TPP, which was what my link directly to the US Trade Rep's website explains. ...
    Even Market Watch/AP is reporting on this.
    ----

In Tokyo, Biden set to launch new Indo-Pacific trade pact to replace TPP
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...ch-01653261066

President Joe Biden on Monday is set to launch a new Indo-Pacific trade pact designed to signal U.S. dedication to the region and address the need for stability in commerce after the chaos caused by the pandemic and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Critics say the framework has gaping shortcomings. It doesn’t offer incentives to prospective partners by lowering tariffs or provide signatories with greater access to U.S. markets. Those limitations may not make the U.S. framework an attractive alternative to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which still moved forward after the U.S. bailed out. China, the largest trading partner for many in the region, is also seeking to join TPP.

You're not. You're posting clearly prepackaged and preformatted media items, complete with embedded banners even and all that from a brand new account. Some of us didn't just fall off the turnip truck. Plus, the info is inaccurate so there's that. If you're not a shill at least step your game up. Many of us on RPF have seen it all.
    I just copied three or so paragraphs from the article and put a banner linking to an action page to oppose ALL free trade agreements. I'm not seeing a problem with this.

https://ustr.gov/trade-agreements/fr...ts/rebalancing

LOL

You can lie all you want but it's not the same thing and Brandon trying to revive it proves it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Even Market Watch/AP is reporting on this.
    ----

In Tokyo, Biden set to launch new Indo-Pacific trade pact to replace TPP
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/bi...ch-01653261066

President Joe Biden on Monday is set to launch a new Indo-Pacific trade pact designed to signal U.S. dedication to the region and address the need for stability in commerce after the chaos caused by the pandemic and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Critics say the framework has gaping shortcomings. It doesn’t offer incentives to prospective partners by lowering tariffs or provide signatories with greater access to U.S. markets. Those limitations may not make the U.S. framework an attractive alternative to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which still moved forward after the U.S. bailed out. China, the largest trading partner for many in the region, is also seeking to join TPP.

I just copied three or so paragraphs from the article and put a banner linking to an action page to oppose ALL free trade agreements. I'm not seeing a problem with this.
    Devil is well named.

He's one of the worse trolls around here.

Take it as a compliment that he accuses you of being an alt of me.
    You're always welcome at Timelessauthors.com if the trolls get too nasty around here.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yet another thing Trump got us out of that Brandon wants to get us back into.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I was wondering how long before this damning TPP would be reinstated by the resident and cheat. <shaking my head>
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Because there are some folks here that are opposed to any restrictions or tariffs on globalized "free" trade, regardless of how much damage that globalized trade may do to the nation.

Then there are some other folks around here that view Trump as being utterly worthless in every aspect, basically just another flavor of "Orange Man Bad!" and nothing he said or did is worthy of defense or even a positive statement.

devil21 is both.

Keep carrying on and welcome to the board.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee