Thread: Thomas Massie only No vote on House Resolution 1125

Thomas Massie only No vote on House Resolution 1125

https://www.newsweek.com/rep-thomas-...mitism-1707998

Thomas Massie was the only No vote. There were eight non votes. Why is his vote a good or bad thing from the libertarian perspective?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The text of the bill is below..

--------------------------

Whereas [Jews are amazing],

Whereas [Jews are awesome],

Whereas [Jews are super duper],

Whereas [...],

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) calls on elected officials, faith leaders, and civil society leaders to use their bully pulpit to condemn and combat any and all manifestations of antisemitism;

(2) calls on elected officials to condemn and combat any and all denials and distortions of the Holocaust and to promote Holocaust and antisemitism education;

(3) calls for amplifying and ensuring United States leadership to fight global antisemitism, working with the Department of State’s Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Antisemitism and intensifying cooperation with international governments and parliaments around the world;

(4) works in tandem with the cross-party Inter-Parliamentary Task Force to Combat Online Antisemitism to help craft thoughtful global initiatives designed to address online antisemitism;

(5) calls on social media platforms to institute stronger and more significant efforts to measure and address online antisemitism while protecting free speech concerns;

(6) takes all possible steps to improve the physical security of Jewish institutions and organizations, including by using existing tools such as increasing funding for the Nonprofit Security Grant Program of the Department of Homeland Security to keep at-risk houses of worship, schools, and community centers safe from terrorist attacks and other forms of antisemitic violence;

(7) ensures the safety, security, and dignity of American Jews in all aspects of their lives, including the workplace, college and university campuses, synagogues, and at home; the development of these measures must reflect the full diversity of the Jewish community in its entirety; and

(8) supports the right of Americans to freely exercise their religious beliefs and rejects all forms of terror and hate.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

First off, it's none of the Fed Gov's business.

Second, they are wasting my tax money just talking about it.

Third, it's none of the Fed Gov's business.

Fourth, its an infringement on free speech by Fed Gov encouraging censorship

Fifth, it's none of the Fed Gov's business
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

And sixth, they just sent $40 billion dollars to literal Nazi's in Ukraine.

Just another day in clown world
    Last edited by TheTexan; 05-23-2022 at 02:33 AM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/rep-thomas-...mitism-1707998

Thomas Massie was the only No vote. There were eight non votes. Why is his vote a good or bad thing from the libertarian perspective?
    Because anyone interested in liberty understands that this is a prerequisite and justification for censorship and erosion of the 1st Amendment? The next step is a Ministry of Truth...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The next step is a Ministry of Truth...
    Ya, this country will be in really bad shape, if it gets to that point
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    And sixth, they just sent $40 billion dollars to literal Nazi's in Ukraine.

Just another day in clown world
    Yes. But President Zelinsky is Jewish. Therefore if you oppose the neo Nazis that he's supporting you must be antisemitic.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Congress pass one of these meaningless resolutions for jews about every 6 months?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Imagine if we had other people in Congress that vote the same way as Massie.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge