Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1776 Restoration Movement

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You don't consider the Articles of Confederation a constitution? Or you don't think it established a republic?
    I'm not saying it was the best, but no, it was not a republic, it was a confederation of sovereign states.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I'm not saying it was the best, but no, it was not a republic, it was a confederation of sovereign states.
    Truth be known, it wasn't even written until 1777. That said, I guess it all comes down to how you define "we". There were thirteen constitutional republics who all sent delegates to a continental congress, and not one of them was the state I live in now. So just who is this "we" you mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Truth be known, it wasn't even written until 1777. That said, I guess it all comes down to how you define "we". There were thirteen constitutional republics who all sent delegates to a continental congress, and not one of them was the state I live in now. So just who is this "we" you mentioned?
    Americans. Whose land's legal title, "These United States of America" -- was not a republic until the Constitution made it so. We, the living heirs of this trust that was initially an assembly of sovereign states, would become not truly sovereign, because it was by corruption and coercion by the Federalists which made the Constitution the imposed law of the land. The United States and the Constitution, that Constitution FOR THE UNITED STATES -- in one of its many abject failures, did not prohibit the United States as a Federal institution from going in hock to the international banking cartel, even if it was in its mere infancy then. It was for this reason that there was resistance to the complete signing of the Constitution by Rhode Island especially, the leadership of which knew that legislation making all the state issued currencies illegal and void of worth - which improverished some powerful people - was cruel and tyrannical.

Virginia, North Carolina, New York and Rhode Island all had original language sustaining the right to secede. The right to secede is based upon the sovereigty of the colonies who won independence from England, but were not yet bound to another government.

For example: "On May 18, 1790, the United States Senate passed a bill that would ban all trade with Rhode Island if enacted, effectively isolating the diminutive state from the Union. The Rhode Island General Assembly capitulated 11 days later and ratified the Constitution, before the proposed embargo could be acted on by the United States House of Representatives. However, the General Assembly's ratification included a lengthy list of caveats, including that "the powers of government may be reassumed by the people whensoever it shall become necessary." [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratifi...y_Rhode_Island ]

For all the States, whose previous generations of citizens signed ALL of these documents, I agree with this viewpoint:

Constitutional scholar Kevin Gutzman took an opposing approach, arguing that in the 1700s many treaties were purported to be "perpetual", but this did not preclude either side from bringing the agreement to an end thus "perpetual" only means that there is no built-in sunset provision".

To think otherwise is to not be a free man on a free land, but a bonded slave. One might even make the case, that Rhode Island's ratification of the Constitution was made unlawfully "under duress". Threatened and divided, Rhode Island finally ratified the Constitution on May 29, 1790, by a vote of 34 to 32.

Still hoping to limit federal power, the state attached a list of 18 human rights and 21 amendments with its ratification, requesting a ban on poll taxes, the draft, the importation of slaves, and curiously, for Congress not to “interfere with any one of the States in the redemption of paper money.” [ https://prologue.blogs.archives.gov/...-constitution/ ] (which was, indeed, ignored.)

We, the heirs of state sovereignty, citizens of the states that preceded the Constitution, may legally reclaim our sovereignty, form alliances, grant rights and priveleges, coin currency, enforce borders and determine citizenship in our commonwealths, most easily in those states that kept conditions -- Virginia, North Carolina, New York and Rhode Island. Those states which later joined have a more difficult road, legally... if we admit it is difficult to imagine the legality of state sovereignty being acknowledged or defended by our present public trustees, it is possible, with the right representatives and courts, as the rights enshrined in the Declaration of Independence markedly define the States as "Free and Independent". Capitalised in the Founding Document for Emphasis, and Twice in its final paragraph extends to all States, not only those who first became Free and Independent, but rather, by their contractual identities.
    [ https://www.archives.gov/founding-do...ion-transcript ]
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-26-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

But we were not a constitutional republic in 1776. We didn't become that until 1789, and many had deep concerns.
    Who?
    Americans.
    "Americans", as we define the term, lived in one of thirteen republics, each defined by a constitution, in 1776.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Americans", as we define the term, lived in one of thirteen republics, each defined by a constitution, in 1776.
    See my post above.
    They are not defined as republics. They are defined as Free and Independent States, free to form governments of their own choosing.

See my post above.
    They are not defined as republics. They are defined as Free and Independent States, free to form governments of their own choosing.
    So a free and independent state which is free to form of government of its own choosing can't be a republic? Or these thirteen states didn't?

So a free and independent state which is free to form of government of its own choosing can't be a republic? Or these thirteen states didn't?
    I didn't say they "can't" be a republic. I said they don't have to be. A commonwealth does not have to be a republic. I'd rather stick to the relevant topic when I started posting here which I believe I addressed clearly above. You can do your own research. Rhode Island didn't even have a Constitution until 1843; it operated under the 1663 Royal Charter. New York and others have no term "republic" in them. The Republic which is germane to this thread is the Constitutional Federal entity. The Continental Congress convened entity was not a country yet in the modern political sense, it existed from 1776 to 1790 as a loose Confederation of independent States.

For example:

https://constitution.org/1-Constitut...setts1780.html

Constitution of Massachusetts

PREAMBLE

The end of the institution, maintenance, and administration of government is to secure the existence of the body-politic, to protect it, and to furnish the individuals who compose it with the power of enjoying, in safety and tranquillity, their natural rights and the blessings of life; and whenever these great objects are not obtained the people have a right to alter the government, and to take measures necessary for their safety, prosperity, and happiness.
    ----------------------------------------
    https://www.carolana.com/SC/Document...tion_1778.html

South Carolina Constitution of 1778
    March 19, 1778

I. That the style of this country be hereafter the State of South Carolina.

"whereas the United Colonies of America have been since constituted independent States"
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-26-2022 at 03:31 PM.

I didn't say they "can't" be a republic. I said they don't have to be.
    And I wasn't talking about what they did or didn't have to be, I was talking about what they were.

Which was, something you were saying that they weren't.

What is germane to the 1776 Movement here, and why I made it a point to differentiate between 1776 and the adoption of the Constitution is that David Ridell said the objective is to restore this country to a "Constitutional Republic". THAT Republic is what we're talking about, however, if a true restoration to 1776 were to take place, there would BE NO Constitutional Republic, because it hadn't been assented to yet. It did not exist until the Constitition defined the Federal body as a Republic, and maintained that the states (no longer being Free and Independent States, as they had adopted the new State being a Republic COMPOSED of lesser provinces) -- as John Adams wrote in the 1780 Constitution of Massachusetts -- "Art. IV. The people of this commonwealth have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves as a free, sovereign, and independent State, and do, and forever hereafter shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right which is not, or may not hereafter be, by them expressly delegated to the United States of America in Congress assembled."

Therefore, every power and sovereignty remains that was not expressly delegated, and the CFTUS outlines what was delegated. Not a penny more. Many founders felt that it delegated too much. For example, here's what George Mason of Virginia said. Note that he predicts the alienation and subjugation of the South by the North, which resulted in the Civil War, and the formation of a corrupt and oppressive aristocracy. https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...-constitution/

I won't reiterate what I've already posted in this thread, but since states had objections, attached caveats, and at least one state was coerced into adoption under duress, we should remember and never forget that this country is NOT defined by the Constitution. Its founding documents are the Declaration of Independence, the laws and constitutions of the Free and Independent States, and then, the Articles of Confederation. We should not limit our understanding or active political objectives to some over-simplified, naive return to the Constitition as it is written, because the Constitution allowed all the subsequent violations and ills that have upset our happiness to take place, and it has many more in store.

If we are to recover the Spirit of '76 then we, Americans, must take advantage of and promote all legal avenues... this pertains to secession, reclamation of sovereignty, revolution and civil disobedience. The Constitution has no authority (cue Lysander Spooner) over any of us, especially if its detractors were proven right by the gradual and sudden historical changes that it has forced us to deal with in our lives - and that generations to come may expect to deal with in theirs. Until this is understoood, we will be slaves to every evil imposed, every whim of the apparent majority, every machination of the 3 branches of its Federal Government and indeed the World Government already beginning.
    Last edited by Snowball; 07-27-2022 at 05:54 AM.

Chemical Attack. two injured,,treated and released.

a Terrorist Chemical Attack Capitol Mall,,across from Smithsonian.

Media silence.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I'm posting this show because it seems the topic would be relevant. Haven't listened to it yet.

"It will shock most to know Washington's private view of the 1787 Philadelphia convention. Was it a coup? Was it constitutional? Was it grassroots? So why did Washington participate?

George Washington to John Jay March 10, 1787 excerpt: “Among men of reflection few will be found I believe, who are not beginning to think that our system is better in theory than practice—and that, notwithstanding the boasted virtue of America it is more than probable we shall exhibit the last melancholy proof that Mankind are not competent to their own government without the means of coercion in the Sovereign..."

Handling The Truth - So many ask how we got into the mess we are in. The Truth is there for those who seek it. "Handling the Truth" is here to help you know what has happened. Join us as we explore the historical facts that answer that question. It is said that history is written by the victors. In this case, history has been written by those with wealth and power, but we are still fighting the battle for mind and soul. Mike Gaddy and Terry Dodd expose the deceivers and the real heroes of our founding and thereafter. Prepare to be shocked by the real events and writings of our founders. In the process, it may surprise you how much about corruption today will become manifest by the fresh look at our past."

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/drkate...adman-tenacity

I'm posting this show because it seems the topic would be relevant. Haven't listened to it yet.
    Distraction from Current reality.

https://1776restoration1.wixsite.com/1776restoration

https://1776restoration1.wixsite.com...ssofgrievances
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Distraction from Current reality.
    And lots of it.

It's your thread. You can have this historical stuff, especially the quasi-historic mumbo jumbo, expunged.

And lots of it.

It's your thread. You can have this historical stuff, especially the quasi-historic mumbo jumbo, expunged.
    More saddened that it has little attention here.

the man who got pushed into leadership of this motley crew sounds like Ron Paul on occasion. More Preacher than Politician though.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Regrouping at Bunker Hill.

Statement from David "Santa" Riddell

For the past 22 weeks I’ve been blessed to be surrounded by the most amazing Patriots the world has ever seen. I’ve seen them in the freezing cold and in the blistering heat. I’ve laughed with them, cried with them, ate with them, baptized three of them, celebrated birthdays and a 57th anniversary with one couple, and said goodbye for the last time to two of them. I’ve also seen their generosity displayed when one amongst us was in need, they opened their hearts and gave in abundance to that need. They are truly the cream of the crop, and not only America, but the world owes them the deepest respect and love, for they have went far above and beyond the call of duty.

They have done more than they even know at this point in time, and they deserve the great rewards that only Heaven can give.

I’ve also seen the hearts of the American Patriots who, physically couldn’t be with us, and they too are just as amazing. They have been overwhelmingly supportive of these great warriors on the ground. The messages that they have sent have inspired all of us, and the gifts of food, tents, clothing, treasured items, and finances, have been amazing. What is an army without its supporters? We, the members of the 1776 Restoration Movement love all of you deeply.

To the federal Government I would like to say, you have won absolutely nothing in our retreat. All you have done is strengthened our resolve. We are not broken, we are not done, we are not whipped, we are not even bloodied. Your actions today, your threats of arrests have only stoked the fire in our bellies and you have not seen the last of us.

We have learned much in this little battle, and when we return, we won’t be the same group that left. We’re coming back smarter, harder, and we will not be denied. You have no idea the power that you’re unleashing. You’ve sown to the wind with your attack on the American Patriot, and you will reap the whirlwind. We will peacefully dismantle all your little kingdoms, we will bankrupt all of your coffers, and we will end your plans for American and global occupation, for we are the dissendents of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. Those monuments you drive by and ignore, those streets named for those great Patriots of history that you travel without thought, they mean something to us. They are our inspiration. Their love of freedom, their determination, their Patriot Blood flows in our veins, and you’re the cowardly kings who send others to fight your wars, while we show up personally to fight ours.

You have picked the wrong generation in which to launch your final plan. We do not need you, we do not fear you, and we will not run from you. You will go down in history as the villainous traitors that you are. We will make sure of that.

See you in September!

David Lynn Riddell

AKA Santa
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

LOL, the man has a sense of humor.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

J6 Political Prisoners Support.

Ashli’s Mom is there as well.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    J6 Political Prisoners Support.

Ashli’s Mom is there as well.
    Nobody watch?
    No one has a comment?

This will continue.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Good Morning

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123