Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY - White Supremacist kills 10 in Buffalo mass shooting

NY - White Supremacist kills 10 in Buffalo mass shooting

10 dead in mass shooting at supermarket, suspect arraigned

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-s...d006dbba40f64b

By CAROLYN THOMPSON, MICHAEL BALSAMO and DAVE COLLINS

14 May 2022

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A teenage gunman wearing military gear and livestreaming with a helmet camera opened fire with a rifle at a Buffalo, New York, supermarket in what authorities described as “racially motived violent extremism,” killing 10 people and wounding three others Saturday before he surrendered, authorities said.

Police officials said the 18-year-old gunman, who is white, was wearing body armor and military-style clothing when he pulled up and opened fire at people at a Tops Friendly Market, the shooting streamed via a camera affixed to the man’s helmet.

“He exited his vehicle. He was very heavily armed. He had tactical gear. He had a tactical helmet on. He had a camera that he was livestreaming what he was doing,” city Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said at a news conference afterward.

Gramaglia said the gunman initially shot four people outside the store, three fatally. Inside the store, a security guard who was a retired Buffalo police officer fired multiple shots at the gunman and struck him, but the bullet hit the gunman’s bulletproof vest and had no effect, Gramaglia added. The commissioner said the gunman then killed the security guard.

Video also captured the suspect as he walked into the supermarket where he shot several other victims inside, according to authorities.

Police said 11 of the victims were Black and two are white. The supermarket is in a predominantly Black neighborhood a few miles (kilometers) north of downtown Buffalo.

“This is the worst nightmare that any community can face, and we are hurting and we are seething right now,” Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said at the news conference. “The depth of pain that families are feeling and that all of us are feeling right now cannot even be explained.”

Gramaglia said Buffalo police entered the store and confronted the gunman in the vestibule.

“At that point the suspect put the gun to his own neck. Buffalo police personnel -- two patrol officers -- talked the suspect into dropping the gun. He dropped the gun, took off some of his tactical gear, surrendered at that point. And he was led outside, put in a police car,” he said.

The suspected gunman was later identified as Payton Gendron, of Conklin, a New York state community about 200 miles (320 kilometers) southeast of Buffalo, two law enforcement officials told The Associated Press. The officials were not permitted to speak publicly on the matter and did so on the condition of anonymity.

Wearing a hospital gown, Gendron was arraigned in court Saturday evening on first-degree murder charges and ordered detained without bail. Another court hearing is scheduled for next week.

At the earlier news briefing, Erie County Sheriff John Garcia pointedly called the shooting a hate crime.

“This was pure evil. It was straight up racially motivated hate crime from somebody outside of our community, outside of the City of Good neighbors ... coming into our community and trying to inflict that evil upon us,” Garcia said.

Elsewhere, NAACP President Derrick Johnson issued a statement in which he called the shooting “absolutely devastating.”

“Our hearts are with the community and all who have been impacted by this terrible tragedy. Hate and racism have no place in America. We are shattered, extremely angered and praying for the victims’ families and loved ones,” he added.

Separately, the Rev. Al Sharpton called on the White House to convene a meeting with Black, Jewish and Asian “to underscore the Federal government (is) escalating its efforts against hate crimes.” In a tweet, Sharpton said that “leaders of all these communities should stand together on this!”

The shooting came little more than a year after a March 2021 attack at a King Soopers grocery in Boulder, Colorado, that killed 10 people.
    Investigators have not released any information about why they believe the man charged in that attack targeted the supermarket.

At the scene in Buffalo on Saturday afternoon, police closed off an entire block, lined by spectators, and yellow police taped surrounded the full parking lot.

Witnesses Braedyn Kephart and Shane Hill, both 20, pulled into the parking lot just as the shooter was exiting. They described him as a white male in his late teens or early twenties sporting full camo, a black helmet and what appeared to be a rifle.

“He was standing there with the gun to his chin. We were like what the heck is going on? Why does this kid have a gun to his face?” Kephart said. He dropped to his knees. “He ripped off his helmet, dropped his gun, and was tackled by the police.”

Tops Friendly Markets released a statement saying, “We are shocked and deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

At the White House, Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said President Joe Biden was receiving regular updates on the shooting and the investigation and had offered prayers with the first lady for the victims and their loved ones.

“The president has been briefed by his Homeland Security advisor on the horrific shooting in Buffalo, N.Y., this afternoon. He will continue to receive updates throughout the evening and tomorrow as further information develops,” she said.

Attorney General Merrick Garland was briefed on the shooting, Justice Department spokesperson Anthony Coley said.

More than two hours after the shooting, Erica Pugh-Mathews was waiting outside the store, behind police tape.

“We would like to know the status of my aunt, my mother’s sister. She was in there with her fiance, they separated and went to different aisles,” she said. “A bullet barely missed him. He was able to hide in a freezer but he was not able to get to my aunt and does not know where she is. We just would like word either way if she’s OK.”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-14-2022 at 06:51 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@!ing $#@! Marxist maggots can't hit $#@!.

When one of our guys short circuits and takes cover at the high place, they rack up a body count.
    Well, $#@!...nailed that one a wee bit too hard, I reckon.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Well, $#@!...nailed that one a wee bit too hard, I reckon.
    I don't know why you'd put this miscreant in the "our guys" category. If you mean white, well black Christopher Dorner seemed to have been a pretty good shot. And he shot at people (or family members of people), who could shoot back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...gs_and_manhunt

And Dorner, as twisted as he was, fought to the death. This little punk put his gun down when the cops arrived and was taken alive. Dorner took on the system, as opposed to randomly shooting people of another race. What Dorner did was wrong. But at least I understood why he did it. This cat in Buffalo? Yeah...I don't get it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Democrats will be using this mass shooting to try and argue that all mass shooters are caused by white supremacists.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I don't know why you'd put this miscreant in the "our guys" category. If you mean white, well black Christopher Dorner seemed to have been a pretty good shot. And he shot at people (or family members of people), who could shoot back.

And Dorner, as twisted as he was, fought to the death. This little punk put his gun down when the cops arrived and was taken alive. Dorner took on the system, as opposed to randomly shooting people of another race. What Dorner did was wrong. But at least I understood why he did it. This cat in Buffalo? Yeah...I don't get it.
    You know, I had forgotten all about him.

This cat in Buffalo? Yeah...I don't get it.
    Whipped up into race hatred, like Frank James, who I was kinda thinking of in the back of my mind when I made that remark. Opens fire in an enclosed space and can't get one kill shot.

Dark sarcasm...probably not appropriate.

In any case, now we have two almost identical incidents, with almost identical motives. (If we are to believe the Marxist media organs)

The Frank James story is just about gone...let's see what happens with the Buffalo story.

It's gonna be a long hot Summer.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

This could never happen here. Certain individuals could not possibly be secretly targeted, groomed and then prodded to flip out. It's simply inconceivable.

I wonder what anti depressants he was on
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    SSRI range I'm sure.

Failed to off himself,,

Could be deprogrammed and turned witness.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

This could never happen here. Certain individuals could not possibly be secretly targeted, groomed and then prodded to flip out. It's simply inconceivable.
    Oh I don't doubt that. I just don't put him into the "our guys" category. Note I don't consider the people who burned the compound at Waco to be "our guys" either.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You know, I had forgotten all about him.
    My dad brought him up out of the blue the other day. He and my mom were in the area when it happened. Glad my dad wasn't driving around in a red truck.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pretty much. If you want to kill large number of coloreds, there's better ways to do it. Like joining the military.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

In related news, every member of the MSM and leftist pundit and intelligencia class had a completely unexpected simultaneous orgasm today.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    SSRI range I'm sure.
    Fact check says: Ungood thought.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Pretty much. If you want to kill large number of coloreds, there's better ways to do it. Like joining the military.
    But if you are a glowie who is going to be given another ID or a wind up toy this is exactly what you would do to help genocide whites.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

We should probably applaud the media for having every detail on the suspect including pictures, descriptions and motivations available so quickly.

We should also applaud the legal system that was able to so rapidly arrest, charge and find a judge to bring this scumbag to justice. It is about time that these types of criminals are no longer allowed to walk after a brief booking.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We should probably applaud the media for having every detail on the suspect including pictures, descriptions and motivations available so quickly.

We should also applaud the legal system that was able to so rapidly arrest, charge and find a judge to bring this scumbag to justice. It is about time that these types of criminals are no longer allowed to walk after a brief booking.
    Amazing, isn't it?

My dad brought him up out of the blue the other day. He and my mom were in the area when it happened. Glad my dad wasn't driving around in a red truck.
    No kidding...while Dorner had slipped my mind, I recall the reaction to LAPD's response, especially after they shot up that truck with Mexican ladies delivering newspapers.

I must have missed something. They say he was a white supremacist and it was racially-motivated. Based on what? All I saw was that he was white.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-15-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I must have missed something. They say he was a white supremacist and it was rationally-motivated. Based on what? All I saw was that he was white.
    His rifle had the word "niggger" on it, amongst other things. Apparently also a manifesto.
    - Kim Kardashian

- Kim Kardashian

Shooter's helmet cam video:

https://vk.com/video722748650_456239073

Cashier at the end... is like "please! no!"... shooter sees that the cashier is white... and the shooter then apologizes to the kind sir for the trouble, saying "sorry!" and then moves along ...
    - Kim Kardashian

Payton Gendron, who officials said traveled “several hours” claimed in a 180-page diatribe that he was “radicalized” on the internet while he was bored during the early days of the pandemic, not by any people he has met personally.
    Clearly, the solution to this is to ban racism on the internet.

(And also ban guns obviously)
    - Kim Kardashian

An interesting observation, is that the covid lockdowns have apparently a direct link to this shooting.

If they didn't lock everyone down for covid, this shooting would have apparently never happened.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shooter's helmet cam video:

https://vk.com/video722748650_456239073

Cashier at the end... is like "please! no!"... shooter sees that the cashier is white... and the shooter then apologizes to the kind sir for the trouble, saying "sorry!" and then moves along ...
    Thank you. Did not really need to see that.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I must have missed something. They say he was a white supremacist and it was rationally-motivated. Based on what? All I saw was that he was white.
    Hi LE...long time...

That's the Marxist media organs saying that:

https://www.wivb.com/news/buffalo-su...ist-terrorism/

Alexander Rosemberg, deputy regional director for the Anti-Defamation League, says the organization is still sifting through the complete document, but it can already draw some conclusions.
    Why?

When did the ADL become a police organization?

At any rate, from what I've read, and I don't have a copy of this manifesto, it went into great detail about the Great Replacement.

Which is, of course, a fevered hallucination of the fascist right wing, except of course when the Marxist left wing is celebrating it as it happens.

Hi LE...long time...

That's the Marxist media organs saying that:

https://www.wivb.com/news/buffalo-su...ist-terrorism/

Why?

When did the ADL become a police organization?

At any rate, from what I've read, and I don't have a copy of this manifesto, it went into great detail about the Great Replacement.

Which is, of course, a fevered hallucination of the fascist right wing, except of course when the Marxist left wing is celebrating it as it happens.
    I've only seen the first paragraph of the manifesto and it's super awkward. As if it was written by a fed...
    - Kim Kardashian

So a Federal judge strikes down the California ban on semi-auto rifles for those under 21 and 2 days later an 18 yr. old lights a place up. Coincidence?

Mass photo distribution of the weapon with N word on it, pointing outward is a psyop.

Just as offensive as "live" rolling covid deathcounts on the networks

We deserve better, that's for sure.

peace

You know, I've been thinking about that. The Proud Boys are supposedly racist (even with an Afro-Cuban leader) because they marked with openly neo-nazis at Charlottesville. (The founder told them not to go....but young men are often hard headed.) And yet we're supposed to believe that the openly neo-Nazis in Ukraine aren't REALLY Nazis because Zelinka (I may have misspelled his name but I'm too lazy to look it up) is Jewish. Mmmmmm.....okay.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast