Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Rand Paul just blocked $40 billion in Ukraine aid from quickly passing the Senate… [

Exclamation BREAKING: Rand Paul just blocked $40 billion in Ukraine aid from quickly passing the Senate… [

BREAKING: Rand Paul just blocked $40 billion in Ukraine aid from quickly passing the Senate… [FULL SPEECH]

MAY. 12, 2022 5:14 PM BY THE RIGHT SCOOP

Senator Rand Paul stood his ground today and blocked the $40 billion in aid to Ukraine from quickly passing the House.

This was even after he was urged not to block it from both Schumer and McConnell.

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-r...e-full-speech/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So what ends up happening? Does the bill pass?

Great.

Scott Ritter stated yesterday that we will be paying for Ukrainian soldiers salaries with this bill

Boss move by Rand Paul! And of course jackasses like Mark Levin will hate him for it just like Trump hated on Massie for holding up the COVID slush fund. More and more conservatives now realize Massie was right. Eventually thinking people will realize Rand is right on this. I feel bad for the Ukrainian people, but more weapons for neo-nazis to extend the fighting is not it. Zelensky needs to be allowed to accept a peaceful settlement. There is no reason for NATO expansion into Ukraine. TBH there is no reason for NATO. It's creating the very instability it was supposed to prevent.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Boss move by Rand Paul! And of course jackasses like Mark Levin will hate him for it just like Trump hated on Massie for holding up the COVID slush fund. More and more conservatives now realize Massie was right. Eventually thinking people will realize Rand is right on this. I feel bad for the Ukrainian people, but more weapons for neo-nazis to extend the fighting is not it. Zelensky needs to be allowed to accept a peaceful settlement. There is no reason for NATO expansion into Ukraine. TBH there is no reason for NATO. It's creating the very instability it was supposed to prevent.
    Many people make mistakes. Issues like this pull on the heartstrings of those who are compassionate for their fellow human beings. We have to learn to forgive people for making the wrong decisions, at times...Rand has come a long way and kudos to him for standing his ground, even if he did endorse Mitt Romney for President.

It's time to get over the hatred for Trump, America needs to unite against the tyranny.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Many people make mistakes... We have to learn to forgive people for making the wrong decisions, at times...

...even if he did endorse Mitt Romney for President.

There is a clear difference here. Trump was demonstrably a crook on the gravy train. Rand Paul was just trying to be a Republican.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-13-2022 at 06:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I suppose that it is encouraging that Rand has "come a long way" compared to the likes of Trump and Bush2 who bait and switch on just about every issue on which they ran.

Rand is a f*cking badass.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many people make mistakes. Issues like this pull on the heartstrings of those who are compassionate for their fellow human beings. We have to learn to forgive people for making the wrong decisions, at times...Rand has come a long way and kudos to him for standing his ground, even if he did endorse Mitt Romney for President.

It's time to get over the hatred for Trump, America needs to unite against the tyranny.
    I don't hate Trump. I don't hate Biden. I don't hate Obama. I think all three of those men have been terrible for this country. Trump is STILL pushing vaccine boosters! Still. And usually people ask for forgiveness. That's in the Bible you know. Also you're drawing a false equivalency between Rand supporting the ultimate GOP nominee and Trump hating on Massey for Massey sticking to the constitution and for not supporting a bill that Trump, if he was at all honest and intelligent, would have told you up front had nothing to do with actually fighting COVID.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

dr. no fking way
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

It's good he stood his ground. But they are going to pass it eventually anyway.

I just wish we could get a firm NO MORE MONEY stance from Rand, instead of nibbling around the edges with Inspector General weaksauce. When has an Inspector General related to government spending ever mattered? "Yep, lots of money was wasted and stolen." Gee, thanks for your service Mr. IG!

Ron wouldn't have held up a bill to ask for one. He'd hold the bill up to kill it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...62379076763648
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Dr. Rand Paul: "The biggest threat the U.S. faces is inflation, debt, and destruction of the dollar"

Rand Paul discusses fiscal sanity, debt, massive slush spending under the guise of Ukraine aid, military spending, and rampant inflation in the US.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    So what ends up happening? Does the bill pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's good he stood his ground. But they are going to pass it eventually anyway.
    Yes, exactly. He didn't block it - he delayed it. Ironically, it ends up costing more because it now has to go through the extra cost of the full Senate bureaucracy before it's passed. The extra cost is miniscule compared to the bottom line of the bill, but it's extra cost and extra national debt nonetheless. I'd say that it was worth the extra cost to get his message out there, except that the only people who hear that message are people in the Rand Paul choir who already agree with it. Everyone else just sees it as another example of Rand Paul and his followers being $#@!s. Am I missing something - was there any measurable benefit gained from this (other than Rand Paul pumping up his choir to keep those campaign contributions coming)?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Yes, exactly. He didn't block it - he delayed it. Ironically, it ends up costing more because it now has to go through the extra cost of the full Senate bureaucracy before it's passed. The extra cost is miniscule compared to the bottom line of the bill, but it's extra cost and extra national debt nonetheless. I'd say that it was worth the extra cost to get his message out there, except that the only people who hear that message are people in the Rand Paul choir who already agree with it. Everyone else just sees it as another example of Rand Paul and his followers being $#@!s. Am I missing something - was there any measurable benefit gained from this (other than Rand Paul pumping up his choir to keep those campaign contributions coming)?
    By the same token, most everything that Ron Paul spoke out against was passed anyway. He ran for President 3 times and lost; lots of money was spent by good Americans. Should he not have tried? Should Rand have stayed being an eye surgeon? Should Thomas Massie just stayed on the sidelines and not become a Congressman? I haven't noticed any big wins from any of these people.

I strongly say hell yes they should have done what they did and I thank God they have stepped up. At least they are trying and giving them hell. If it weren't for people like them, a number of Americans before them who weren't dumbed down and a number of current every day Americans fighting back, we would have been in global communism years ago! Instead of questioning whether what Rand did was working, what we need is more people like Rand and Thomas to have the courage to get out there and TRY!!!
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-15-2022 at 02:14 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Schumer and McConnell were going to push it through with no vote (unanimous consent). Now there has to be a vote, and Senators will have to take a stand, which is what Schumer and McConnell were trying to avoid.

The MSM and pundits are lying about the process and what happened.

Schumer and McConnell were going to push it through with no vote (unanimous consent). Now there has to be a vote, and Senators will have to take a stand, which is what Schumer and McConnell were trying to avoid.
    I don't think that's the case for Schumer and McConnell. Unanimous consent means everyone was for it. Now, it's that everyone except Paul was for it - and the impression is that even Paul's vote could have been bought if the bill included an auditor to track the spending.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the US ought to be sending billions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine, much less billions of dollars that we don't have and will need to borrow in order to do so. But by proposing an independent inspector general to oversee it, Paul waters down his objection by giving the impression that his objection is not with the aid, nor the fact that the US is borrowing the money, but rather that his vote could be bought if the spending just had an auditor to monitor it. I guess I'm just parroting what devil21 said earlier:

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I just wish we could get a firm NO MORE MONEY stance from Rand, instead of nibbling around the edges with Inspector General weaksauce. When has an Inspector General related to government spending ever mattered? "Yep, lots of money was wasted and stolen." Gee, thanks for your service Mr. IG!

Ron wouldn't have held up a bill to ask for one. He'd hold the bill up to kill it.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I don't think that's the case for Schumer and McConnell. Unanimous consent means everyone was for it. Now, it's that everyone except Paul was for it - and the impression is that even Paul's vote could have been bought if the bill included an auditor to track the spending.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the US ought to be sending billions of dollars in military aid to Ukraine, much less billions of dollars that we don't have and will need to borrow in order to do so. But by proposing an independent inspector general to oversee it, Paul waters down his objection by giving the impression that his objection is not with the aid, nor the fact that the US is borrowing the money, but rather that his vote could be bought if the spending just had an auditor to monitor it. I guess I'm just parroting what devil21 said earlier:
    I don't believe Rand ever had an objection to selling arms to Ukraine, he is making a fiscal conservative and transparency/accountability argument at this point.

BREAKING: Rand Paul just blocked $40 billion in Ukraine aid from quickly passing the Senate… [FULL SPEECH]

MAY. 12, 2022 5:14 PM BY THE RIGHT SCOOP

Senator Rand Paul stood his ground today and blocked the $40 billion in aid to Ukraine from quickly passing the House.

This was even after he was urged not to block it from both Schumer and McConnell.

https://therightscoop.com/breaking-r...e-full-speech/
    "No matter how sympathetic the cause" ??

These are literal Nazi's the US is supporting
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    By the same token, most everything that Ron Paul spoke out against was passed anyway. He ran for President 3 times and lost; lots of money was spent by good Americans. Should he not have tried? Should Rand have stayed being an eye surgeon? Should Thomas Massie just stayed on the sidelines and not become a Congressman? I haven't noticed in big wins from any of these people.

I strongly say hell yes they should have done what they did and I thank God they have stepped up. At least they are trying and giving them hell. If it weren't for people like them, a number of Americans before them who weren't dumbed down and a number of current every day Americans fighting back, we would have been in global communism years ago! Instead of questioning whether what Rand did was working, what we need is more people like Rand and Thomas to have the courage to get out there and TRY!!!
    Changes at the Federal level won't work and never will work -

But it was and is still necessary to try.

Even if just to prove how futile it is.

Secession is the natural next step.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Changes at the Federal level won't work and never will work -

But it was and is still necessary to try.

Even if just to prove how futile it is.

Secession is the natural next step.
    I agree that the federal government is too far gone. However, Rand and Thomas ARE making an impact if only by making a stand. We are not the only people who hear what they say. I have turned one heck of a lot of people onto Massie and they now follow him to see what he has to say. It's changing their minds slowly. So, if that is all they got done, at least Thomas is carrying on Ron's true north, so that truth doesn't get lost and forgotten in the midst of all this corruption.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I agree that the federal government is too far gone. However, Rand and Thomas ARE making an impact if only by making a stand. We are not the only people who hear what they say. I have turned one heck of a lot of people onto Massie and they now follow him to see what he has to say. It's changing their minds slowly. So, if that is all they got done, at least Thomas is carrying on Ron's true north, so that truth doesn't get lost and forgotten in the midst of all this corruption.
    It seems like the job is much more difficult in this day and age. In years past 2+2 was 4. Nowadays there is no reason or logic to peoples ideology. They are more like programmed robots with no ability to think or reason. IMHO the masses are deluded and the sane are afraid or not willing to waste their energy or become outcasts by exercising their privileged thinking skills. Maybe it all started with the cash register that calculated the proper change. People used to be able to know if the cost was $1.88 and the customer paid with a $20 the change was $18.12. Back in the day kids rode bicycles and if they wanted to ride they learned how to patch tires. Dinner didn't come out of a box. Pharmaceuticals were not the cure for inadequacy. Awards were not given to every participant. Chromosomes determined sex. Sex determined gender. Arrested people could actually defend themselves instead of having to accept a plea. Technology and automation has replaced the need to think. So these days we would need to try to convince an idiot that has zero useful skills that is screaming an ideology that they are wrong. Most people have given up.

By the same token, most everything that Ron Paul spoke out against was passed anyway. He ran for President 3 times and lost; lots of money was spent by good Americans. Should he not have tried? Should Rand have stayed being an eye surgeon? Should Thomas Massie just stayed on the sidelines and not become a Congressman? I haven't noticed any big wins from any of these people.

Nailed it! Thomas Massie's political stock went up nationwide as more and more Republicans realized what a scam the lockdowns were and that our economy was suffering from a self-inflicted wound. That "Rand Paul choir" (liberty choir to be exact) is getting bigger every day. If Rand Paul didn't stand up then he wouldn't have the clout to speak up about this issue in the future when most of America realizes they've been had about this war. Ron Paul voting against the Iraq war is the ONLY reason this movement even exists. Most of us, to be honest, didn't even know what a "Fed" was.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    It seems like the job is much more difficult in this day and age. In years past 2+2 was 4. Nowadays there is no reason or logic to peoples ideology. They are more like programmed robots with no ability to think or reason. IMHO the masses are deluded and the sane are afraid or not willing to waste their energy or become outcasts by exercising their privileged thinking skills. Maybe it all started with the cash register that calculated the proper change. People used to be able to know if the cost was $1.88 and the customer paid with a $20 the change was $18.12. Back in the day kids rode bicycles and if they wanted to ride they learned how to patch tires. Dinner didn't come out of a box. Pharmaceuticals were not the cure for inadequacy. Awards were not given to every participant. Chromosomes determined sex. Sex determined gender. Arrested people could actually defend themselves instead of having to accept a plea. Technology and automation has replaced the need to think. So these days we would need to try to convince an idiot that has zero useful skills that is screaming an ideology that they are wrong. Most people have given up.
    Kids still ride bikes. Even in the hood. Saw that just the other day. TV dinners have been a "thing" for 50 years now and yet most people I know still prefer a home cooked meal. Pharmaceuticals have been a thing for longer than that but I know more and more people seeking out and learning about natural remedies to the point where that's become it's own industry. (Every been to Sprouts?) The World Games are coming up in my city in a couple of months. Every participant will not get an award. More and more states are passing laws defining sex and gender to be the same and to be biologically determined. And yes, if you talk to the right people, they still understand that 2 + 2 = 4. I have convinced several people in my circle based on what's going on with the Azov battalion that the war in Ukraine isn't what you think it is. And a couple of people who are FAR left of me on many issues figured that out on their own. These days when I read the comment sections of news articles about this and other issues the trend is AWAY from the MSM narrative. What Abraham Lincoln said so many years ago is still true. You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. The elites know that. Why do you think they're fighting so hard to control social media? But they're still losing.

Rand Paul Blocks $40 Billion Ukraine Funding Bill

Well, somebody’s got to stand up & at least be vocal about it. Go Rand.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Rand Paul gets to say ‘I told you so’ AGAIN
    Turns out he was right about the need for more spending oversight.

A year ago this month, Sen. Rand Paul held up a $40 billion spending package to Ukraine saying that the money needed oversight.

He got a vote on his measure. It failed. “It’s irresponsible to shovel $40 billion out the door without knowing where it goes,” Paul said at the time.

Politico reported on Friday, “The Pentagon revealed last week that it overestimated the value of arms sent to Kyiv from existing stocks, which potentially allows the department to add $3 billion worth to the $2.7 billion left in the weapons account. Department officials were valuing the items using their ‘replacement cost’ rather than their ‘net book value,’ which was lower, Defense Department officials say.”

Paul “says he will reintroduce his legislation calling for a dedicated Ukraine aid inspector general after the Pentagon disclosed that it miscalculated Ukraine aid by $3 billion,” Politico reported.

Politico noted of Paul’s new proposal, “Paul’s legislation would fold Ukraine oversight into the duties of the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction. The office, now held by John Sopko, would be empowered to conduct audits, investigations and oversight for programs run by the Pentagon, State Department and USAID. It would also submit quarterly reports to Congress.”

Paul said in a statement, “Predictably, we now find ourselves in a situation where the Pentagon’s miscalculation of aid calls into question the reliability of its accounting.”
    More: https://www.based-politics.com/2023/...-you-so-again/

Rand Paul gets to say ‘I told you so’ AGAIN
    Turns out he was right about the need for more spending oversight.
    Another boss move!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian4Liberty again.

And for the record, this is why it's important to push for legislation that might not even pass. It sets the tone for later. Massie was right to demand a vote on COVID spending too.

Paul said in a statement, “Predictably, we now find ourselves in a situation where the Pentagon’s miscalculation of aid calls into question the reliability of its accounting.”
    Rand Paul possesses superhuman powers of understatement:

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Just when the nearly $50 billion wasted on Ukraine was about to run out...Biden discovered another $3 billion under his couch cushions to keep the war chugging along.
    And yet, as of November of last year, the Pentagon failed its 5th audit in a row, having been able to account for only 39% of $3.5 trillion in "assets".

That must be one helluva big couch.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast