Thread: America Last - To Keep Gas Prices Soaring, Biden Kills Alaska, Gulf Drilling Leases

America Last - To Keep Gas Prices Soaring, Biden Kills Alaska, Gulf Drilling Leases

To Keep Gas Prices Soaring, Biden Kills Alaska, Gulf Drilling Leases

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...illing-leases/

JOHN NOLTE 12 May 2022

Desperate to keep gas prices high, His Fraudulency Joe Biden killed “all oil and gas leases to Alaska’s Cook Inlet and the Gulf of Mexico as of Wednesday night,” Breitbart News reported early Thursday morning.

This act removes millions and millions of acres from exploration.

Here’s a question: Why does the federal government have control over all this land to begin with?

Anyway … as of today, the average price for a gallon of gas hit a record high of $4.42.

On the day Trump left office, a gallon of gas cost $2.39.

Nevertheless, the Biden administration just decided to kill any chance of exploring over one million acres in Alaska’s Cook Outlet and millions more acres in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Department of Interior (DOI) claims the decision in Alaska was based on a “lack of industry interest in leasing in the area.” The Gulf leases, the DOI said, were killed due to “conflicting court rulings that impacted work on these proposed lease sales.”

The far-left Washington Post hides what’s really going on until a dozen paragraphs into the story:

Replacing the current plan won’t happen overnight. The timeline spelled out in regulations governing the program requires a three-step process involving environmental analysis, public comment periods and a review by the president and Congress.

It typically takes the government at least six months to a year to finalize a new offshore drilling plan. This means that even if the Interior Department unveils a new proposal in the coming weeks, the soonest energy companies will learn whether they will have access to new leases, and where, is probably early 2023.

The Post also informs us, in paragraph 14, that the “Biden administration is poised to let the nationwide offshore drilling program expire next month without a new plan in place.”

So Biden is prematurely killing these leases, and the earliest the energy sector will learn of any new leases will be next year. Oh, and one thing they might learn then is that there are no new leases.

I’m curious. … If there’s no interest in the Alaska lease, why kill it early?

And let’s not forget, as my colleague Paul Bois pointed out in his initial report, that when “the president first took office in 2021, he signed an executive order freezing all new oil and gas leasing on federal lands[.]” That blatantly unconstitutional act resulted in the legal skirmish the White House is now using as an excuse to kill the Gulf of Mexico leases.

Did I mention that the average price of a gallon of gas today is $4.42?

Why would Joe Biden do this?

What possible reason could he have, with millions and millions of Americans suffering through his record inflation?

There’s only one answer. Joe Biden wants to keep gas prices at record highs.

Give me another explanation. I’ll wait…

And don’t give me any of that $#@! about the environment. Long ago, these energy companies figured out all kinds of clever ways to explore and extract our natural resources with minimal environmental damage.

Lemme guess… Putin is responsible for killing these leases? You know that one’s coming…

So why do Democrats want high gas prices?

The answer is obvious: because Democrats hate self-sufficient Americans and want to punish us and make us desperate, dependent, and unhappy. Duh. Nothing signifies self-sufficiency more than the automobile, and self-sufficient people do not vote Democrat. High gas prices increase the cost of everything — from food to housing to clothes to everything.

As of Monday, the average price of a gallon of diesel fuel — which transports almost all of our goods — is $5.62. When Trump left office, the average price was $2.55.

Democrats want us poor and dependent and unhappy because the poor and unhappy and dependent vote Democrat.

And even if we don’t switch parties, Democrats know high gas prices are a way to punish us for being middle class, independent, and self-sufficient.

Democrats hate Americans. They freakin’ hate us. Do you still not get that? Democrats leave our borders open while spending tens of billions to protect Ukraine’s borders. American mothers can’t find baby formula, but according to a Florida Congresswoman, the Biden administration is shipping “pallets and pallets of baby formula” to feed the babies of illegal aliens.

I’m all ears if you have a better answer for why the federal government would kill oil leases instead of expanding those leases while energy prices are murdering the American people, especially the poor and working class. But the most likely explanation is always the easiest one: Joe Biden and Democrats want to keep gas prices at record highs.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alas, there is no shortage of wells. Thousands of capped wells could go live, and the price of fuel would not significantly decline for long.
    Price discovery is not functionining in the marketplace, because the financial elites abuse their leverage for their own benefit, regardless of
    whether more wells are brought online. This is an historical fact.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Few things piss me off more than to see democrats not own up to what's going on with gas prices. "It's Trump and the GOPs fault." Really? Really? Or even "Oh the government doesn't set gas prices. Its companies." Yeah....but gubmint policy affects those prices. I mean come on. Own up to the effects of what you're trying to do. If you've been scream for decades that people should get off fossil fuels to "save the planet" then shouldn't you be saying "Yeah! Gas prices have nearly doubled! Fewer people will drive! The planet is saved!" Accept the natural consequences of your own actions and policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...illing-leases/

JOHN NOLTE 12 May 2022

Desperate to keep gas prices high, His Fraudulency Joe Biden killed “all oil and gas leases to Alaska’s Cook Inlet and the Gulf of Mexico as of Wednesday night,” Breitbart News reported early Thursday morning.

This act removes millions and millions of acres from exploration.

Here’s a question: Why does the federal government have control over all this land to begin with?

Anyway … as of today, the average price for a gallon of gas hit a record high of $4.42.

On the day Trump left office, a gallon of gas cost $2.39.

Nevertheless, the Biden administration just decided to kill any chance of exploring over one million acres in Alaska’s Cook Outlet and millions more acres in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Department of Interior (DOI) claims the decision in Alaska was based on a “lack of industry interest in leasing in the area.” The Gulf leases, the DOI said, were killed due to “conflicting court rulings that impacted work on these proposed lease sales.”

The far-left Washington Post hides what’s really going on until a dozen paragraphs into the story:

Replacing the current plan won’t happen overnight. The timeline spelled out in regulations governing the program requires a three-step process involving environmental analysis, public comment periods and a review by the president and Congress.

It typically takes the government at least six months to a year to finalize a new offshore drilling plan. This means that even if the Interior Department unveils a new proposal in the coming weeks, the soonest energy companies will learn whether they will have access to new leases, and where, is probably early 2023.

The Post also informs us, in paragraph 14, that the “Biden administration is poised to let the nationwide offshore drilling program expire next month without a new plan in place.”

So Biden is prematurely killing these leases, and the earliest the energy sector will learn of any new leases will be next year. Oh, and one thing they might learn then is that there are no new leases.

I’m curious. … If there’s no interest in the Alaska lease, why kill it early?

And let’s not forget, as my colleague Paul Bois pointed out in his initial report, that when “the president first took office in 2021, he signed an executive order freezing all new oil and gas leasing on federal lands[.]” That blatantly unconstitutional act resulted in the legal skirmish the White House is now using as an excuse to kill the Gulf of Mexico leases.

Did I mention that the average price of a gallon of gas today is $4.42?

Why would Joe Biden do this?

What possible reason could he have, with millions and millions of Americans suffering through his record inflation?

There’s only one answer. Joe Biden wants to keep gas prices at record highs.

Give me another explanation. I’ll wait…

And don’t give me any of that $#@! about the environment. Long ago, these energy companies figured out all kinds of clever ways to explore and extract our natural resources with minimal environmental damage.

Lemme guess… Putin is responsible for killing these leases? You know that one’s coming…

So why do Democrats want high gas prices?

The answer is obvious: because Democrats hate self-sufficient Americans and want to punish us and make us desperate, dependent, and unhappy. Duh. Nothing signifies self-sufficiency more than the automobile, and self-sufficient people do not vote Democrat. High gas prices increase the cost of everything — from food to housing to clothes to everything.

As of Monday, the average price of a gallon of diesel fuel — which transports almost all of our goods — is $5.62. When Trump left office, the average price was $2.55.

Democrats want us poor and dependent and unhappy because the poor and unhappy and dependent vote Democrat.

And even if we don’t switch parties, Democrats know high gas prices are a way to punish us for being middle class, independent, and self-sufficient.

Democrats hate Americans. They freakin’ hate us. Do you still not get that? Democrats leave our borders open while spending tens of billions to protect Ukraine’s borders. American mothers can’t find baby formula, but according to a Florida Congresswoman, the Biden administration is shipping “pallets and pallets of baby formula” to feed the babies of illegal aliens.

I’m all ears if you have a better answer for why the federal government would kill oil leases instead of expanding those leases while energy prices are murdering the American people, especially the poor and working class. But the most likely explanation is always the easiest one: Joe Biden and Democrats want to keep gas prices at record highs.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I hate when that happens

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Few things piss me off more than to see democrats not own up to what's going on with gas prices. "It's Trump and the GOPs fault." Really? Really? Or even "Oh the government doesn't set gas prices. Its companies." Yeah....but gubmint policy affects those prices. I mean come on. Own up to the effects of what you're trying to do. If you've been scream for decades that people should get off fossil fuels to "save the planet" then shouldn't you be saying "Yeah! Gas prices have nearly doubled! Fewer people will drive! The planet is saved!" Accept the natural consequences of your own actions and policies.
    @jmdrake

Since this put me out of work and conceivably could lead to my prosecution for doing my part to keep people warm, fed and with the lights on, my state of piss off is just as high. I have, in actuality, Gone Galt. I have a skillset that is critical to ultra-deepwater drilling, takes years perfect, document, test and certify for. And I will not, over my dead body, put it to work again. Let some pink haired snowflakes go do it...I'll watch as they blow themselves to kingdom come inside of week. $#@! them, starve, freeze and die. I truly feel bad for fellow citizens not of that mindset getting caught in the crunch as well...but this is $#@!ing intolerable...no more. Wait until the farmers and truckers start doing that as well.

And these $#@! Bolsheviks won't own this $#@!, that's all they do is backpedal, crawfish, spin, lie and move on to the next.

They've been jerking off to this scenario coming true for years now.

The pointy headed jackasses that have done this to us are right here, saying what they will do.

This is just one example of thousands.

This is almost 20 years ago, and I can blow so many holes in the assumptions made in this article as to render it Swiss cheese

The problem is that none of these grand plans ever work out properly...ban people from buying large V8 sedans and station wagons, and they move into even bigger SUVs and trucks for example.

Since the egghead's plans never work out, their frustration and hubris will eventually destroy us and them...

When they release a gain of function virus that doesn't have a 1.5% mortality rate, but rather an 80 or 90 or 98 percent rate.

Environmentalists Quietly Welcome High Gas Prices

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5378487

May 3, 2006 6:00 AM ET

You won't hear it from Democrats on Capitol Hill, but higher gas prices are a good thing for the environment. Expensive gas should slow the use of cars, and the pollution they emit. But politically savvy environmentalists aren't calling for taxes that would raise the price still further.

RENEE MONTAGNE, host:

Oil prices closed above $74 a barrel yesterday.

You might think that's good news for Saudi Arabia, but Saudi oil minister Ali al-Naimi says rising oil prices are disruptive for his country, too.

Minister ALI AL-NAIMI (Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Saudi Arabia): Prices of these barrels are not in the interest of either Saudi Arabia or the U.S. Our common goal is an oil price level that protects consumers while at the same time ensuring adequate investment.

MONTAGNE: The Saudi oil minister spoke yesterday at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C.

American politicians are also talking about ways to reduce oil prices. But many economists say cheaper gas would only increase America's self-destructive fuel addiction.

NPR's Elizabeth Shogren reports.

ELIZABETH SHOGREN reporting:

Economist Philip Verleger says gas prices should double.

Mr. PHILIP VERLEGER (Institute for International Economics): Fundamentally, the price in gasoline in the United States should be much higher than it is today, probably around $7 or $8 a gallon.

SHOGREN: Lots of economists, like University of New Hampshire economics professor Richard England, agree gas is too cheap.

Professor RICHARD ENGLAND (Professor of Economics, University of New Hampshire): People underestimate how costly it is to drive their motor vehicles because a lot of the cost to society from gasoline use are not included in the pump price.

SHOGREN: England ticks off some of those costs to society: Americans suffer 40,000 deaths and millions of injuries each year from traffic accidents.

Prof. ENGLAND: We have a lot of regional air pollution problems. We have a lot of lost time from traffic congestion.

SHOGREN: U.S. leaders need to craft their foreign policy decisions to make sure oil keeps flowing from unstable regions of the world. And cars contribute to global warming, which, in time, could be enormously costly.

Douglas Holtz-Eakin worked at the intersection of academics and politics. His last two jobs were director of the Congressional Budget Office and chief economist of the White House Council of Economic Advisors. He says his old bosses need to face an unpopular truth.

Mr. DOUGLAS HOLTZ-EAKIN (Former Chief Economist, White House Council of Economic Advisors): If we really want to make a commitment to a future where we are not addicted to oil, regardless of its source, then a high price is the only way to do that.

SHOGREN: Holtz-Eakin says prices might not have to double, but they'd have to stay high the way they did after the oil embargo of the 1970s. Back then, people traded in big sedans for compacts and businesses slashed energy use.

Right now, people think prices might just fall again.

Mr. HOLTZ-EAKIN: The question is will we get the sustained high prices that give people an incentive to actually buy a different car instead of just riding it out with the big gas guzzler that they've got.

SHOGREN: But how do you make sure prices stay high? The economists agree the most reliable way is to put a big tax on them. They know that could hurt. Most economists call for some kind of assistance to low-income Americans, like lowering other taxes or buying back gas-guzzling cars.

Now, environmentalists also want Americans to cut fuel use. They agree that the true cost of oil isn't reflected in pump prices. But most environmentalists, like David Friedman and the Union of Concerned Scientists, don't want a higher gas tax. For one thing, it's not going to win them any friends.

Dr. DAVID FRIEDMAN (Clean Vehicles Research Director, Union of Concerned Scientists): In the United States, it's actually pretty much a political dead horse to even think of raising gasoline prices.

SHOGREN: And besides that, they say it won't work. Americans have more money than they did in the 1970s, so they can afford not to change their behavior because of high gasoline prices.

They often can't drive less, because driving is the only way they can get where they need to go. And the only vehicles that suit their lifestyles drink lots of gasoline.

Dan Becker, of the Sierra Club.

Mr. DAN BECKER (Director of Global Warming Program, Sierra Club): That's why we need good old-fashioned regulations that require automakers to put better technology on their vehicles, because they aren't putting it on in response to higher gas prices, and the American people are buying what they're offered.

SHOGREN: The environmentalists say the government should require auto manufacturers to sell cars that, on average, get 40 miles per gallon. New cars sold in Europe already get that kind of mileage.

Economists say that's the best argument for gas taxes. Europe doesn't have fuel efficiency standards. The main reason cars there use so little gas is that gas has been really expensive in Europe for decades--because of hefty gas taxes.

Dems are economic terrorists. That is an absolute fact.Should be treated accordingly. They are the enemy.
    Do something Danke

F*ck Joe Biden.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Their modelers must have attended math classes where they taught more CRT than math:

Biden Admin Quietly Admits Math Error Is Causing Massive Oil, Gas Permitting Delays
    The Biden administration privately acknowledged in late April that a mathematical error is delaying the federal offshore oil and gas program, in a letter to industry leaders.

Richard Spinrad, the head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), said a subagency “discovered a miscalculation” that has caused a massive backlog in permitting, in the April 29 letter obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation. Spinrad acknowledged the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) — the subagency tasked with analyzing the impact of offshore drilling projects on wildlife — has used faulty modeling on such impacts and, as a result, overestimated wildlife effects, delaying permitting on existing leases.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Their modelers must have attended math classes where they taught more CRT than math:

Biden Admin Quietly Admits Math Error Is Causing Massive Oil, Gas Permitting Delays
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Math is rayciss.

Math "error"...yah, right.

Guess we are going to heat our homes with sunshine next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Unicorn farts.

It'll cost me about $2500 to fill the oil tanks for the year.

Unicorn farts.

I'll require around $4000 in propane at the current price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    While it's important to open up the leases in order to have an adequate supply in the future, it's doubtful that these leases are going to provide any short term relief to gas and fuel oil prices. I personally think the root of the problem lies in refining capacity. Your cars and furnaces don't run on crude. In 2021, global oil refining capacity fell for first time in 30 years. And back in 2020, U.S. refining capacity shrunk 4.5%. Six refineries (out of 135) went offline in 2020; and the closures went largely un-noticed due to the decreasing demand during the pandemic (oil industry losses amount to $65 billion in 2020). How many of those six refineries have come back online; or are they being repurposed?
    The nation’s largest crude oil refiner Marathon Petroleum (MPC.N) shut three refineries while energy major Shell (RDSa.L) and independent refiner HollyFrontier (HFC.N) each shut one in 2020.

Marathon converted one refinery to a renewable diesel plant and is converting another to produce renewable diesel. HollyFrontier also plans to convert its idled refinery into a renewable diesel producer.
    I suspect that petroleum refining capacity, particularly for gasoline production, in the US has not returned to what it had been previously.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-20-2022 at 12:07 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Of course, the answer that could placate both sides is hemp- but we can't mention that.
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While it's important to open up the leases in order to have an adequate supply in the future, it's doubtful that these leases are going to provide any short term relief to gas and fuel oil prices. I personally think the root of the problem lies in refining capacity. Your cars and furnaces don't run on crude. In 2021, global oil refining capacity fell for first time in 30 years. And back in 2020, U.S. refining capacity shrunk 4.5%. Six refineries (out of 135) went offline in 2020; and the closures went largely un-noticed due to the decreasing demand during the pandemic (oil industry losses amount to $65 billion in 2020). How many of those six refineries have come back online; or are they being repurposed?

I suspect that petroleum refining capacity, particularly for gasoline production, in the US has not returned to what it had been previously.

+ Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Of course, the answer that could placate both sides is hemp- but we can't mention that.
    + Rep

Anything to keep the 2-winged bird alive.

If “republicans” stood their ground on every “republican” base value, we would not be where we are today. They are every bit as complicit as the “other party”. In fact, worse, because libs are at least upfront about it.

Btw… Oz… Trump endorsed… voter approved. It never ceases to amaze me, yet never ends.
    Last edited by PAF; 05-20-2022 at 12:27 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Yeah. It's legal to grow hemp in Alabama now but you have to apply for a special license.

https://therealdirt.com/blog/everyth...-alabama-pt-2/

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

@jmdrake

US GoM rig count is 17.

That's it, for the whole Gulf.

At over $100 per barrel, that rig count is pathetic.

In my 25 years of work in the business, prices at that level would produce a rig count of ten times that amount.

Have "the majors" "Gone Galt" as well as me?

Christ help this country if they have...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-21-2022 at 04:09 AM.

I suspect that petroleum refining capacity, particularly for gasoline production, in the US has not returned to what it had been previously
    I agree that is a significant part of the problem.

For the same reason: government has made it clear that cheap, domestic energy from coal, oil and natural gas is not welcome, will not be permitted and government is going to take increasingly harsh stands in issuing fatwas and mandates against these industries.

Therefore no sane CEO of any energy company is going to invest the money (in my line of it, we're talking up to billions in sunk costs before any returns) in new drilling, infrastructure or refining.

This is "America Last"...where we get to live through some nightmarish mirror version of Maoist China.

Not a "Great Leap Forward" but a "Great Leap Backward".

Dent corn to ethanol is a farming, ecological, logistical, practical and, in terms of lost tax dollars in subsidies, a governmental disaster.

It creates more emissions than an equivalent volume of refined petroleum fuel to manufacture, uses more energy to create than it delivers.

Can you link to some conclusive proof that hemp to usable motor/boiler fuel is a net energy gain?

Or that it would not require using roughly half of all arable land to produce enough to meet current demand?

One of the reasons that we will soon be experiencing food shortages is because we no longer are "The World's Breadbasket".

China, Russia and India all produce more wheat than the US, in large part because we have turned over so much productive acreage to growing dent corn for ethanol.

Dent corn is, for all intents and purposes, non edible.

Huzzah, AF. I'd give you a +rep, but it won't let me.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

@jmdrake

US GoM rig count is 17.

That's it, for the whole Gulf.

At over $100 per barrel, that rig count is pathetic.

In my 25 years of work in the business, prices at that level would produce a rig count of ten times that amount.

Have "the majors" "Gone Galt" as well as me?

Christ help this country if they have...
    A) It's disgusting that they have "The Honorable" in front of her name. She's not a judge. She's a cabinet secretary.

B) This should be an impeachable offense.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for the infographic. I think I'll turn this into a sticker for gas stations. It's much more informative than the "I did that" stickers.

US May Never Build New Refinery Even With Surging Gas Prices
    Green policy push means billion-dollar investments may be stranded in coming decades

There may never be a new refinery built in the US despite surging gasoline prices as policymakers move away from fossil fuels, according to Chevron Corp.

“We haven’t had a refinery built in the United States since the 1970s,” Chief Executive Officer Mike Wirth said in an interview on Bloomberg TV. “My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built in the United States.”
    And adding refining capacity is not easy, especially in the current environment, Wirth said.

“You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying: we don’t want these products,” he said. “We’re receiving mixed signals in these policy discussions.”
    “We need to sit down and have an honest conversation, a pragmatic and balanced conversation about the relationship between energy and economic prosperity, national security, and environmental protection,” Wirth said. “We need to recognize that all of those matter.”
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 06-05-2022 at 04:11 PM.

“We need to sit down and have an honest conversation, a pragmatic and balanced conversation about the relationship between energy and economic prosperity, national security, and environmental protection,” Wirth said. “We need to recognize that all of those matter.”
    No. What we need to recognize is that none of those matter to the government except insofar as they can be used as excuses to maintain or expand the wealth and power of politicians and bureaucrats, and that no "conversation" about the "relationship between [those things]" can be "honest" or "pragmatic" or "balanced" as long as the government is involved.

Took a long M/C ride today, saw a number of stations with gas at or near $5 and diesel at or near $6.

Nuke plant, hydro dam, generating plant, steel mill, coke furnace...the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.