Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stock Market Collapse Starts Tomorrow

https://news.sky.com/story/run-dynam...hours-12707014

The Bank of England's dramatic intervention today was in response to a "run dynamic" emerging in the British pensions system which could have resulted in the collapse of a swathe of institutions within hours, Sky News understands.

That in turn threatened the finances of many major banks, which would have faced severe troubles if those funds had collapsed. more at link
    I think it's just temporarily delaying the inevitable so the liquidation operation can be completed.

I don't make memes but imagine the Pope's head instead:

(note: the Catholic News Agency article I posted earlier in the thread mentions only one commercial bank. A clue perhaps. This weekend there is more and more gossip that said bank is on the verge of collapse.)
    Last edited by devil21; 10-01-2022 at 07:38 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    https://news.sky.com/story/run-dynam...hours-12707014

I think it's just temporarily delaying the inevitable so the liquidation operation can be completed.

The article is very vague about what was going to default. Long term bond funds? Money market funds?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    market only slightly down on horrific inflation print. Think this might be the reversal for 5 to 10% up. Stars aligned technically if there isn't some horrific event over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    market only slightly down on horrific inflation print.
    Uh, yeah, at the rate the FRN is crashing, every price that doesn't double is a reduced price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The article is very vague about what was going to default. Long term bond funds? Money market funds?
    Perhaps it isn't a particular asset class or fund but rather a particular large international bank that can't withstand such massive liquidations? Note that the Catholic News Agency article I posted mentions only one commercial bank by name.....

I'm probably getting ahead of myself but I'll make a wild prediction that said bank officially collapses October 24. I do not advocate anybody make any money moves based on that. Just consider it as my belief that some dots are connecting and point to that. I've been wrong plenty of times before.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-01-2022 at 07:49 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

At this point it looks likely the Dow could easily be down as much as 27 percent sometime in Oct for the yr while at the same time every 2k in cash is worth half what it was 9 months ago as far as what it'll buy . Hard to find anything positive about that. Be interesting to see if the fed can dump all the assets they'd like
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-03-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    Do something Danke

market only slightly down on horrific inflation print. Think this might be the reversal for 5 to 10% up. Stars aligned technically if there isn't some horrific event over the weekend.

Strongest two day rally of the year.

Funny, my investment manager has been advising me not to be in cash. He doesn’t want me to miss a “run up” and lose money through inflation. My response was ok, so I should lose 15-30% in the market AND the cost of inflation on top of that.
    All these guys care about is getting their 1 1/4% +- commission whether the market is up or down. They cant make their commission unless your invested with them. The sooner one realizes that the better.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Did you go all in?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you go all in?
    Thats what my wife says!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Did you go all in?
    Just because the odds are high of it working doesn't make it any less scary and all it takes is one black swan to go bankrupt. Plus I was a week early. I bought the close on the 23rd. That post was the 30th. I had to ride out some pretty scary downside before the rally kicked in to sell into.

Seems like a reasonable time to bump this thread back up. Ides of March today, equinox on the 20th, (3-22)-(2023) a week away.

Seems like a reasonable time to bump this thread back up. Ides of March today, equinox on the 20th, (3-22)-(2023) a week away.
    I don't have any predictions this time. I did put in some limit orders to sell some banking stocks over a week ago. I guess that was a prediction. Wish it had been a market order instead. Didn’t execute.

https://dailyspeculations.com/Letter/cane.htm

Henry Clews wrote in Twenty-Eight Years in Wall Street (1887):

“But few gain sufficient experience in Wall Street to command success until they reach that period of life in which they have one foot in the grave. When this time comes, these old veterans of the Street usually spend long intervals of repose at their comfortable homes, and in times of panic, which recur sometimes oftener than once a year, these old fellows will be seen in Wall Street, hobbling down on their canes to their brokers’ offices.

“Then they always buy good stocks to the extent of their bank balances, which they have been permitted to accumulate for just such an emergency. The panic usually rages until enough of these cash purchases of stock is made to afford a big “rake in.” When the panic has spent its force, these old fellows, who have been resting judiciously on their oars in expectation of the inevitable event, which usually returns with the regularity of the seasons, quickly realize, deposit their profits with their bankers, or the overplus thereof, after purchasing more real estate that is on the up grade, for permanent investment, and retire for another season to the quietude of their splendid homes and the bosoms of their happy families.”
    Took the canes out today in the Russell on the open. We'll see.

https://dailyspeculations.com/Letter/cane.htm

Took the canes out today in the Russell on the open. We'll see.
    Russell has been a laggard and continues to lag which is a good lesson to not buy things that lag. But the general idea worked. 2.5% gain in the Russell from yesterday's open. Taking off half

Seems like a decent chance there is new bull market in tech given how it has held up.

Russell down 2.4%. Short term March 17th (St. Patrick's Day) is the 4th most bullish day of the year. It is also Operations Expiration day which after a big up day has a bull bias. Decent odds of an intraday rally. Over the next week or two, market has a big bull bias. Biggest equity fund outflows since April 2020. https://www.lipperusfundflows.com/#c...gnup_trial.php

Edit: Closed flat without a rally from the original post. Kind of surprised Probably a lot of people not wanting to hold over the weekend and maybe somebody knows something. Maybe a few more percent down.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 03-17-2023 at 05:11 PM.

Something about Vatican liquidations, liquidity drying up, Credit Suisse, then credit markets locking up. It all sounds vaguely familiar.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ion-svb-2023-4

Since day-to-day stock indexes are 100% controlled by Citadel, mainly, (hmm...Citadel logo looks a bit like Vatican IOR bank, no?), general stock market prediction moves have proven to be foolish for bulls and bears alike in recent days but the bigger picture is clear and playing out.
    Last edited by devil21; 04-25-2023 at 01:34 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably nothing...

Probably nothing...

International Immobiliare coming

If the market doesn't go up big over the next 12 months, this will be the first time since 2008 where the crowd was right and panicking paid. 2008 was basically the only time where nothing worked. Maybe this Fed tightening is like 2008 and maybe there is some crisis brewing like with crypto but the odds are things will be unicorns and candy canes and the masses will lose again from panic.

Exactly 12 months later...

NASDAQ +30%

S&P 500 +20%

Gold only up 9 1/2 percent from one yr ago but I still like it a lot better than the nasdaq or s&p
    Last edited by oyarde; 06-19-2023 at 12:12 PM.
    Do something Danke

NASDAQ +30%

S&P 500 +20%
    Up over the last six months. You would have still been taking losses the first 6 months.

That being said, I have started moving back into stocks, but didn’t have an all-in moment. Dollar cost averaging slowly. Wish I would have gone all in in Jan. Hard to call bottoms.

Up over the last six months. You would have still been taking losses the first 6 months.

That being said, I have started moving back into stocks, but didn’t have an all-in moment. Dollar cost averaging slowly. Wish I would have gone all in in Jan. Hard to call bottoms.
    I have no idea what's going to happen in the US stock market however the idea that we're going to have a soft landing from the fight against inflation is wrong. We're going to have a financial crisis or depression or whatever you want to call it that is proportional to the amount of stimulus we've had over the last 14 years or so. People keep making the broken window fallacy. They keep looking at only part of the economy, not the economy as a whole.

NASDAQ +30%

S&P 500 +20%
    You mean the S&P7 right? We'll just ignore the other 493. lol

Ballsy move.

I saw an interesting post elsewhere where someone made an overlay of stock index moves compared to moon cycles. The post has since disappeared. Any way, it demonstrated pretty convincingly that stocks are very closely tied to moon cycles. It makes sense for various reasons I won't get into. If my recollection is accurate, new moons correlate to pullbacks while full moons correlate to upswings, with the new or full moon essentially kicking off whichever direction it relates to. I wish I could find that post again. Any way, today (6-19) marks a new moon, so if my recollection of the post and overlay is accurate, a pullback starts tomorrow.

"Millionaires don't have astrologers, billionaires do." - JPM
    Last edited by devil21; 06-19-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456