Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe v Wade overturned ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This feels... Strange.

It seems like this may be a trial balloon to get people amped up and prepped for the less complete reversal that is coming. Who knows?

I am pretty distrustful of any corporate press release. Think I'll suspend my judgement until there's an official ruling.

Pro abortion is an absolute winner for under 30 crowd F*d up but true

Republican operatives need to wise up & downplay this 100% until Dec

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    You weren't paying attention. It's "My body, my choice. Your body, also my choice" They're very consistent with that.
    You're right about that.

If there is one thing the neo-Marxists are consistent about it is inconsistency.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely." -- Michael Malice

https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/st...50051050033154

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Pro abortion is an absolute winner for under 30 crowd F*d up but true

Republican operatives need to wise up & downplay this 100% until Dec
    Wrong.

Now is the time to triple down and take the fight right to the Marxists, not cringe and vacillate in weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wrong.

Now is the time to triple down and take the fight right to the Marxists, not cringe and vacillate in weakness.

NEVER BACK DOWN

This feels... Strange.

It seems like this may be a trial balloon to get people amped up and prepped for the less complete reversal that is coming. Who knows?

I am pretty distrustful of any corporate press release. Think I'll suspend my judgement until there's an official ruling.
    They brought it down onto their own heads with nearly 2 years of non-stop mask/vax hysteria and the supposed inviolable medical right of the State in my body.

Be careful what you wish for, as the saying goes...

This leak seems to be an attempt to manipulate the American public for political purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Clearly more riots are required.
    It might be about to get all "mostly peaceful" up in here.

(Just in time for the midterms ...)

So, we're now going to get screeched at by a bunch of neo-marxist white women about how it's "MY BODY MY CHOICE" after just enduring two years of being mandated by government, against the will of millions of people, to wear useless masks and get injected with dangerous and worthless "vaccines"...with the full support of these same neo-marxist white women.

Take your pussy hats and stuff your head inside them...literally, go $#@! yourselves.
    ^^^THIS^^^

I don't give a dam if they overturn it. EXACTLY what AF says. These are the same Neo-Marxist that insisted that government inject people against their will with an experimental vaccine into their bodies and yet somehow that doesn't matter. Let the government shove a huge spoonful of $#@! down their mouths and let's see how that taste. Eat crow MF'rs.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

"Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely." -- Michael Malice

https://twitter.com/LPMisesCaucus/st...50051050033154
    Awesome! We need to plant the seed of secession now! Gee whizz imagine states deciding for themselves if they want government interference or not? What a concept!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    ^^^THIS^^^

I don't give a dam if they overturn it. EXACTLY what AF says. These are the same Neo-Marxist that insisted that government inject people against their will with an experimental vaccine into their bodies and yet somehow that doesn't matter. Let the government shove a huge spoonful of $#@! down their mouths and let's see how that taste. Eat crow MF'rs.
    You might have confused their opinions. They would probably say it is your choice to wear masks or get the vaccine but if you do not get the vaccine you should not be allowed in public. Just an FYI the science is in on this and it is not up for discussion or debate.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It might be about to get all "mostly peaceful" up in here.

(Just in time for the midterms ...)
    Which was the reason for this of course.

Leak the document now (assuming any of this is true of course) and you get a few more weeks to spin up the NPCs into full outrage mode.

You're also covered if the decision went the other way.

Outside of the various fringe freakshow and colored constituencies, the only large bloc the Marxist left has are urban and suburban white women.

Nothing rouses them faster than threatening the legal ability to kill their offspring, so this throws the whole accepted notion of the fall elections into doubt.

Look for a million pussy protesters in the streets by this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    You might have confused their opinions. They would probably say it is your choice to wear masks or get the vaccine but if you do not get the vaccine you should not be allowed in public. Just an FYI the science is in on this and it is not up for discussion or debate.
    Science doesn't address questions of whether or not someone should be allowed in public.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Does this $#@!nut even grasp the fact that, under the 9th and 10th amendments in the Bill of Rights, this is exactly how it is supposed to work?

California to Build the Wall — a ‘Firewall’ to Protect Abortion

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...tect-abortion/

JOEL B. POLLAK 3 May 2022

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) vowed Monday evening to build a “firewall” around California in the form of a state constitutional amendment guaranteeing abortion as a right, after a draft Supreme Court decision reversing Roe v. Wade (1973) leaked.

The decision, in the case of Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, concerns a Mississippi law passed in 2018 that bans all abortions abortions after the first 15 weeks into pregnancy. The case was heard by the Court last fall.

At the time, observers believed that the Court was likely to uphold the Mississippi law, based on the comments of justices in oral arguments. Some, however, believed that there were enough votes on the Court to overturn Roe altogether, returning the question of abortion to the states rather than allowing it to continue as a constitutional right implied in the right to privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Only way D’s can win in November is if this is main issue.
    65-70% of Americans want abortion laws to be more restrictive than what Roe v. Wade mandates.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

the legal ability to kill their offspring
    ... wait, I thought they were "our" offspring?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    65-70% of Americans want abortion laws to be more restrictive than what Roe v. Wade mandates.
    And the bigger point is this: they never thought she would lose... the entire calculus of US politics has been table-flipped since November 2016. Anyone running calculations like it's still 1994 needs to wake up and pay attention. This isn't 1994 anymore, and the "received wisdom" is long dead and gone. The R-swamp are the single biggest obstacle to real change in this country because of the colossal role they play in freezing "political reality" in previous eras. Get with the times and represent your district, or git gone.

Well, thanks for the heads up anyway...I'll be able to get some hearing protection on.

I'm frankly tired of screeching and roaring broads anyways, especially when all they are screeching and roaring about is the made up right to kill their unborn children so it doesn't "ruin their life".

STFU and go make me a sammich.

So, isn't this about making sure that many of "our" daughters (and sons) are permanently silenced forever??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At the time, observers believed that the Court was likely to uphold the Mississippi law, based on the comments of justices in oral arguments. Some, however, believed that there were enough votes on the Court to overturn Roe altogether, returning the question of abortion to the states rather than allowing it to continue as a constitutional right implied in the right to privacy.
    LOL, "right to privacy".

As government, just days ago, announces a new Cheka branch to spy on people to prevent non governmental approved thought to be seen, aka "disinformation".

Truly, this is Clown World.

So, isn't this about making sure that many of "our" daughters (and sons) are permanently silenced forever??
    Well, right off the bat, a good portion of these furious broads find the idea of sons, in and of itself, repulsive.

These are the womxn who, either support or are actually carrying out, bringing their 6 year old sons to Drag Queen Story Hours, or to doctor's offices to begin their "transitions".

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
    ~ Ronald Reagan
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

So are the NPC's now going to transfer their anger from Ukraine to Roe v Wade now?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It is a good thing but I suspect the only reason the elites provided this opportunity to allow it to be overturned is not because it is just or the right thing to do, but rather they are looking at declining births and unable to import enough immigrants. So they will restrict abortion to boost births for awhile.

The Supreme Court is a complete sham like everything else. Everything about government, the news media and American entertainment culture is a carefully manufactured propaganda illusion provided to us by them. Believing in it is like the adult version of children believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So are the NPC's now going to transfer their anger from Ukraine to Roe v Wade now?
    Of course, since they wore people out on Ukraine. I wonder at what point do they turn to the old playbook and spin this is about White Supremacy. What poor writing they have these days, it is not even entertaining going to the old playbook.

Who knows we may see riots again this summer. Not because blacks care about this issue rather the elites will be sure to fund the right groups to make it look that way.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Science doesn't address questions of whether or not someone should be allowed in public.
    Maybe science doesn't, but The ScienceTM does.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chief Justice Roberts orders probe into Supreme Court leak
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...me-court-leak/
    John Kruzel (03 May 2022)

Chief Justice John Roberts on Tuesday directed the marshal of the Supreme Court to launch an investigation into the source of a leaked draft opinion showing that a majority of justices were poised to overturn Roe v. Wade.

“This was a singular and egregious breach of that trust that is an affront to the Court and the community of public servants who work here,” Roberts said in a press release that verified the authenticity of the document published Monday evening by Politico.

The draft opinion, authored by the staunch conservative Justice Samuel Alito, would effectively eliminate abortion protections at the federal level and hand authority over abortion access to the states. According to Politico, the opinion had the support of fellow conservative Justice Clarence Thomas, as well as former President Trump’s three nominees: Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett.

The Supreme Court’s statement Tuesday noted that the draft opinion does not represent the “final position of any member on the issues in the case.” Justices’ votes are often fluid up to the point of an opinion’s publication, and an official ruling in the case could come any time over the next two months.

At issue is a Mississippi law that bans virtually all abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy. The deeply conservative state had urged the justices to use the law as a vehicle to overturn the landmark 1973 decision in Roe, which first recognized a constitutional right to abortion and prohibits states from banning abortion prior to fetal viability, around 23 weeks.

The leak of the draft document overturning Roe marked one of the most stunning breaches of secrecy in the court’s history. But Roberts, in his Tuesday statement, sought to downplay its long-term impact on the court’s operations.

“To the extent this betrayal of the confidences of the Court was intended to undermine the integrity of our operations, it will not succeed,” Roberts wrote. “The work of the Court will not be affected in any way.”

I have to admit, President Biden is almost as thoroughly entertaining as President Trump was, albeit for entirely different reasons.

https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...20771776106508

This is a meaningless cultural victory that will neither do anything to ameliorate the condition of the nation or protect anyone, unborn included. Was the economy getting ugly? Did they already run the plague script? Well, these mobs are still dangerous. Shall we give them something to tear into each other over?

Far as I'm concerned, good. The dance band on the titanic and all.

People keep talking about how overturning Roe and Casey would leave abortion laws up to the states, as if federal abortion laws would no longer be possible. I don't think that's true. It doesn't follow from SCOTUS overturning Roe and Casey that they would also overturn federal abortion laws that are enacted by a legislative process as opposed to a judicial one. Alito's opinion repeatedly complains that Roe and Casey were instances of the court taking on legislative powers and says that overturning them would return the issue of abortion laws to its proper place of legislatures. It doesn't say that these have to be state legislatures and not federal.
    Ron Paul

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast