Thread: Duke Divinity School Students: ‘God Is Queeer’

Exclamation Duke Divinity School Students: ‘God Is Queeer’

Duke Divinity School Students: ‘God Is Queer’

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-s...u eer-n1589157

(Take the 'space' out of qu eer in the URL. Goddamn forum censors - AF)

BY ROBERT SPENCER APR 12, 2022 3:57 PM ET

It was inevitable that Leftist divinity students, marinating as they are in the relentless insanity of the Left’s pet causes, would end up making gods in their own image: gay, woke, and whatever else the Left is idolizing at the moment. Duke Divinity School is affiliated with the United Methodist Church, which is already like being affiliated with the Maoists (gay, gender-fluid Maoists, that is), so it was the perfect place for a recent “Pride worship service” in which participants offered prayers to “the Great Queer One.”

Hope Rawlson of the Institute for Religion & Democracy reported Tuesday that the Pride worship service was designed to proclaim “God’s acceptance and support for LGBTQ relationships.” The bizarre service was the brainchild of Divinity Pride, a Duke student group that “affirms the dignity, faithfulness, and strength of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, and gender/sexuality non-conforming Christians! We are committed to intersectional advocacy, education, and support for queer people and our allies specifically in the Divinity School, but with a Kingdom-reaching vision. We facilitate educative dialogues for the whole community, and we are here to support anyone who is reconciling their gender/sexuality and faith, facing persecution, or desiring a safe space.” They succeeded: the Pride worship service was plenty safe for men who think they’re women, and vice versa.

Master of Divinity (M.Div) student Caroline Camp kicked things off, and set the tone for the proceedings, with a prayer to the “strange one, fabulous one, fluid, and ever-becoming one,” and the “drag queen, and transman, and gender-fluid.” All this fluid put me in mind of Moss Hart’s wicked parody of Noel Coward’s precious and pretentious song lyrics in his riotous play The Man Who Came to Dinner: “Softly a fluid Druid meets me, Olden and golden the dawn that greets me…” Moss Hart had nothing on the Duke Divinity School. Camp also prayed, more prosaically, to the “mother, father, and parent,” Oh brother — that is, Oh brother, sister, and sibling.

Another M.Div student, Tirzah Villegas, declared: “You are never called to abandon yourself. Abandoning the self is negating the truth of who you are, and that is always a lie.” Now, just a minute: Duke Divinity School is supposed to be a Christian school, at least vestigially, and I seem to remember someone involved with Christianity saying “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it” (Matthew 16:24-25). But the one who spoke those words is not someone who appears to get much traction at Duke Divinity.

Villegas added that the assembled worshippers that their god was a “queer god,” which is likely true, as they have made a god out of their own proclivities. Nor are these divinity school students the first Leftists to make a religion out of their sociocultural delusions. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Grey Goose) a year ago gave thanks to her god for his salvific sacrifice: “Thank you, George Floyd, for sacrificing your life for justice.” Catholic University displayed a painting of George Floyd as Jesus.

New York Governor Kathy Hochul (D-Planned Parenthood) proclaimed in September 2021 that the unvaccinated “aren’t listening to God and what God wants.” The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), which is so far-Left as to make Duke Divinity School look like MAGA country, last October published a new hymn entitled “The Climate is Changing.” In September 2019, climate idolaters at Union Theological Seminary began worshipping potted plants as a “liturgical response to our climate crisis.”

Another Duke divinity student, a “self-identified trans woman,” declared that while men pretending to be women and women pretending to be men “can be framed as a choice,” actually “transition is better framed as a calling. It is a calling to wrestle with God and not let go until we receive a blessing in our own bodies.” This was in stark contrast to the judgmental religion some of those in attendance claimed to have encountered. One young man, or whatever, Justis Mitchell, said: “In the pews we listen to the pastor who preaches about commandments, condemning those who disobey, predicating a future of fire and turmoil.” Where does this being Mitchell go to church? In 1895?

Mitchell offered some hope, however: “We can become holy, we can become worthy, we can become valued…even as we remain queer, even as we discover our own queer God whose presence is within these walls.”

Making up a god to suit oneself has a long history. While it’s strange to see it happening in a place that is supposed to be dedicated to Christian theological inquiry, which historically has not taken a positive view of idolatry, it isn’t surprising. The corruption of the institutions is everywhere. Sane people desperately need an alternative.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-22-2022 at 07:35 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Of course, the video is blocked now, as "Private Only".
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Well, God is very queeer indeed --

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Neither are your ways my ways,”
    Declares the Lord.
    “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are my ways higher than your ways
    And my thoughts than your thoughts.
    (Isaiah 55:8,9)

When you did these things and I kept silent,
    You thought I was exactly like you!
    (Psalm 50:21)
    Unfortunately for these weirdos, anyone who has read Revelation, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc. will know that the queeerness of God is a great deal queeerer than they're bargaining for:

When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance and said to Moses, “Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die.” ... The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was. (Exodus 20:18-21)

To whom will you compare me?
    Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
    (Isaiah 40:25)
    I could quote a truckload of such passages. Interestingly, you will always find that the freaks who are supposedly such huge fans of otherness suddenly become disturbed and offended by God's transcendental otherness. As I have read theologians put it, God is uniquely unique. He is otherly other. We could even say ... God is queeerly queeer. Whatever you think is queeer, God is more queeer than that. Be careful what you wish for...

PS: On the connection between the queeer debate and slavery (and why it matters):

Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-22-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Pretty sure God wants nothing to do with the ***** agenda.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Pretty sure God wants nothing to do with the ***** agenda.
    Obviously not in their goals and aims, because they are wicked. But the queeer agenda presents itself as being some kind of social wisdom through making normies squirm in their seats. The suburban humdrum creates a kind of social anesthesia (which is true) and the queeer agenda theorists are presenting their garbage as some kind of "deep" "wisdom" that pushes normies out of their comfort zones, out of their quiet suburban slumber. It is in this sense that God is the true queeer and has the true queeer agenda, and he will make everyone squirm in their seats, especially those who have appointed themselves as the gatekeepers of social anesthesia and in charge of "woking" the masses.

The extent to which the queeer/weirdosexual agenda has expropriated the symbolism of Scripture and Christian history is astounding. In Genesis, God says of their biggest and most recognizable symbol -- the rainbow -- "I will put MY rainbow in the cloud..." to remind himself of his promise never again to flood the earth. Humans, in their arrogance, just assume that the natural world is their property and they can do with it whatever they see fit. They do not realize that this world is God's property and that we are permitted to use it by delegation, see Genesis 1:28 and context. The rainbow is God's property, not only in its natural manifestation, but also in its symbolic significance and use. The queeer/weirdosexual agenda is on a crash course with a transcendental queeerness that will make them squirm in their seats, to put it mildly.

If man makes God in his own image, their god must be LGBTQ+.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    If man makes God in his own image, their god must be LGBTQ+.

Can we change LGBTQ+ to just LGBT;TLDR?

(TL;DR - Too Long Didn't Read)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Pretty sure God is the father, Jesus is his son...that Holy Ghost, I dunno.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something about worshiping FALSE IDOLS?

There are TWO GODS.

#1 - The REAL God
    #2 - The MENTAL IMAGE of God in the MIND OF MAN

One of these is fake, and one is real. If one can influence another persons MENTAL IMAGE of GOD, then they can influence their behavior. Funny how whites are called racist when they are not racist, but to reinforce the idea, people have to be ENCOURAGED to be racist AGAINST WHITES. Same thing happens with GOD / MENTAL IMAGE OF GOD. Its an attack on the Subconscious Mental Image in order to provoke Animosity and Hatred and DIVISION.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

They worshipped the penis god and the vulva god
    back in the day - same people run the show today.
    It's the End Times.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Wilson is Wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Well, God is very queeer indeed --

Unfortunately for these weirdos, anyone who has read Revelation, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc. will know that the queeerness of God is a great deal queeerer than they're bargaining for:

I could quote a truckload of such passages. Interestingly, you will always find that the freaks who are supposedly such huge fans of otherness suddenly become disturbed and offended by God's transcendental otherness. As I have read theologians put it, God is uniquely unique. He is otherly other. We could even say ... God is queeerly queeer. Whatever you think is queeer, God is more queeer than that. Be careful what you wish for...

PS: On the connection between the queeer debate and slavery (and why it matters):

I love Doug Wilson! I attend a church which is in the same denomination as his church.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul