Thread: Female Journalist DESTROYS Lives & Then Claims To Have PTSD From Mean Tweets! Taylor Lorenz Ro

Female Journalist DESTROYS Lives & Then Claims To Have PTSD From Mean Tweets! Taylor Lorenz Ro

I don't know about you, but I feel so very sorry for this poor, beleaguered champion of woke justice ... NOT.

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of people in general have developed PTSD from mean tweets.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight worrying about Poor Taylor Lorenz bump.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

She needs to become an anti vaxxer so she will know what real harassment looks like. Ask Del Bigtree and Mikki Willis

https://rumble.com/vrlwpm-mikki-will...a-madness.html

New York Times updates Twitter policy for reporters
    https://thehill.com/news/3261482-new...for-reporters/
    Dominick Mastrangelo (07 April 2022)

The New York Times is updating its policies for how its journalists use Twitter, and is emphasizing that use of the social media platform is optional given the dangers of online harassment.

In a memo to employees on Thursday shared with The Hill, Dean Baquet, the newspaper’s top editor, announced what he called a “reset in our approach,” handing down new guidance dictating that “maintaining a presence on Twitter and social media is now purely optional for Times journalists.”

Baquet wrote that he has been hearing from staffers about “the challenges that Twitter presents,” writing that staffers at the leading national newspaper often “can rely too much on Twitter as a reporting and feedback tool.”

Such feedback, Baquet wrote, can be harmful to the Times’ journalism when “our feeds become echo chambers.”

Baquet said it will be purely optional for Times journalists to use Twitter moving forward, and the organization’s leadership will take steps to support anyone who decides to stop using the platform.

“If you do choose to stay on, we encourage you to meaningfully reduce how much time you’re spending on the platform, tweeting or scrolling, in relation to other parts of your job,” he wrote.

The Times clarified on Thursday it has never been mandatory for its reporters to use Twitter.

Several journalists at various large media companies have shared concerns in recent months about an uptick in threats they say they face from readers and the larger online community based on their reporting.

Former Times journalist Taylor Lorenz has been one of the most vocal journalists in the country about the harassment she has faced while covering internet culture and the creator economy. Lorenz, who previously worked at The Hill, has said she did not feel supported by the Times in the wake of such online harassment.

“We take these attacks extremely seriously, and we know just how much this abuse affects our colleagues’ well-being, sense of safety and ability to do their jobs. We have a dedicated team to support Times journalists, and we’re rolling out new training and tools to help prevent and respond to online abuse,” Baquet said in his memo. “This is an industry-wide scourge, but we are determined to take action.”

Lorenz said on Thursday morning that Baquet’s words fall flat.

“The issue w/ NYT is that they consistently buy into bad faith attacks online and punish their journalists when they’re subject to gamergate style smear campaigns,” she said on a string of tweets. “The masthead editors are more obsessed w/ twitter than the majority of the newsroom, stalking down employees every reply. Saying they’re going to police that even *more* is counterproductive, damaging to journalists, especially those who need to use the internet for reporting.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    New York Times updates Twitter policy for reporters
    https://thehill.com/news/3261482-new...for-reporters/
    Dominick Mastrangelo (07 April 2022)

[...]
    https://twitter.com/michaelmalice/st...07935232675847

[...] And the Libs of Tik Tok account was locked yesterday for "hateful content" just for doing what they've always done - namely, posting videos of bat$#@! insane lefties/wokesters saying bat$#@! insane things. [...]
    What I mean [when I say the corporate press is "un-self-aware"] is that they are oblivious to the fact that they are no longer the potent and powerful curators of public discourse that they once were but still imagine themselves to be. [...] Every time they peddle some asinine bit of nonsense (such as that New York Times Washington Post item painting Elon Musk as some kind of wannabe Citizen-Kane-style "press baron" doxxing anonymous Twitter users like the person behind the Libs of Tik Tok account), they think they are advancing their cause, but they are actually just exposing their increasingly desperate impotence for all to see.

And see it they will. We have the Internet, social media, and "Big Tech" (despite themselves) to thank for that fact. They are being hoisted on their own petard, and they simply don't know what to do about it [...]

It's a glorious thing to behold.
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...74705309921283
    The WashPost's Doxxing of @LibsOfTikTok Reveals Who Corporate Journalists See as Their Targets
    Trump-era corporate journalism ceased viewing real power centers as adversaries (CIA/NSA/FBI/WallSt). The real enemy are citizens with the wrong politics. Rather than confront real power centers, the largest and richest media corporations - eg, the Bezos-owned Washington Post - allied with those factions and attack citizens.

The 2018 CNN obscenity featured in this video is most illustrative: they confronted an old lady with a tiny pro-Trump FB page on her yard. We recall when CNN threatened to dox someone who made an anti-CNN meme and when the Daily Beast published dirt and the real name of someone who published a video making Nancy Pelosi look drunk.

This is the key lesson of the latest tawdry episode with the Washington Post's Taylor Lorenz: ever since a Trump presidency became a possibility, the largest liberal media corporations - over and over - have used their vast resources to target and punish private citizens for the wrong politics.

https://rumble.com/v11n4sn-taylor-lo...alists-se.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

What I mean [when I say the corporate press is "un-self-aware"] is that they are oblivious to the fact that they are no longer the potent and powerful curators of public discourse that they once were but still imagine themselves to be. [...] Every time they peddle some asinine bit of nonsense (such as that New York Times Washington Post item painting Elon Musk as some kind of wannabe Citizen-Kane-style "press baron" doxxing anonymous Twitter users like the person behind the Libs of Tik Tok account), they think they are advancing their cause, but they are actually just exposing their increasingly desperate impotence for all to see.

And see it they will. We have the Internet, social media, and "Big Tech" (despite themselves) to thank for that fact. They are being hoisted on their own petard, and they simply don't know what to do about it [...]

It's a glorious thing to behold.
    https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/sta...99767107350528

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...53921167167488
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-26-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight worrying about Poor Taylor Lorenz bump.
    Get ready for some more insomnia:

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/sta...92801759776768

It really is sad to take advantage of mentally ill people. And I’m talking about the people at WaPo who are employing her to exploit her illness.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I may never sleep again.

I don't suppose that suggesting she hold her breath for the entire flight would do any good? Just a thought.
    Chris

And in another subplot of the WaPo soap opera:

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status...13603701280775

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go to 2:05 to skip sponsor plug:

Taylor Lorenz Just Got DEMOTED As Youtubers Get Their Revenge For Her Lies!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3S8PBJ5IE

Go to 2:05 to skip sponsor plug:

Taylor Lorenz Just Got DEMOTED As Youtubers Get Their Revenge For Her Lies!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3S8PBJ5IE

Beat me to the punch again! Argh!

Chris