Thread: A historic all-Black town wants reparations to rebuild as a ‘safe haven’

A historic all-Black town wants reparations to rebuild as a ‘safe haven’

"There’s never been a moment like this in American history,” said Ron Daniels, convener of the National African American Reparations Commission. “I’ve worked on this issue my entire adult life, and it’s only recently that I’ve seen reparations move from the political fringes to the mainstream of discourse.Daniels said.

“There are initiatives that are sprouting up daily all across the country, and that’s a recognition of the growing demand, and of the generational damages and harms not only of enslavement but all of the legacies of enslavement, all the racially discriminatory policies, including redlining and policies like the GI Bill where Black people were excluded,”
    “Oklahoma’s Black communities are overdue,” said Mayor Currin, 38, a fourth-generation Tullahassee resident. “Tullahassee has always been in a fight, always fighting to exist and always fighting to thrive. You’re talking about decades of withheld funding and opportunities for these towns. So we are owed reparations, reparations to rebuild all of our Black communities.”
    Tullahassee is thought to be the oldest of the more than 50 Black communities that sprouted up in Oklahoma between the Civil War and the Great Depression. It traces its roots back to 1850 when a school was built in the area by members of the Creek Nation. The tribe had been forced into present-day Oklahoma, which was then called Indian Territory, from Florida and Alabama during the infamous Trail of Tears. The tribal members brought with them the enslaved Black people they had purchased in the South.

In 1866, during the aftermath of the Civil War, the U.S. government signed a new treaty with the Creek Nation that forced the tribe to give up its enslaved people and grant them tribal citizenship. These formerly enslaved people became known as Creek Freedmen, and across Oklahoma, they formed prosperous agricultural communities that supported schools, businesses and churches.
    Perhaps the reparations they desire should come from the Creek Nation?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Perhaps the reparations they desire should come from the Creek Nation?
    The Jews post World War II got reparations from Ford and GM who got reparations from the U.S. government because we bombed their Nazi factories. Look it up if you don't believe me.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That community needs to be told that no white people that are currently alive today in the modern world were not around during the times of slavery.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The Jews post World War II got reparations from Ford and GM who got reparations from the U.S. government because we bombed their Nazi factories. Look it up if you don't believe me.
    I could believe that. About par for the course. Point being slaves free because of the U.S. Government. How much more reparations do you need than freedom?

Most Creek were removed to the Indian Territory between 1825 and 1836. Most of which took place in 1830's. The first Creek to sign over land was executed by other tribe members according to Creek law. Most of the Creek who left voluntarily by 1827 did so because the lands where they lived had been given to Georgia in treaty by the now executed guy who broke tribal law or was already illegally squatted on by whites in violation of present treaties. It as been my understanding that many of these slaves left with these Lower Plantation Creek early on. The forced removals ended when Jackson left office in 1837. Personally I am fine with any FRN's the slaves or the Creek can get from the DNC or monies generated by tourism of Jacksons presidency. LOL
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I could believe that. About par for the course. Point being slaves free because of the U.S. Government. How much more reparations do you need than freedom?
    Are you talking about the Jews or black people? When it comes to black people oppression didn't end with the end of slavery. As @Anti Federalist pointed out in another thread, you had highway systems in New York specifically built to cut blacks off from economic opportunity. And yes white communities have been messed over, but not for being white. And yes that does make a difference because a white person can restart someone else. If you're being done in because you are black that is carried with you. Right now a fight is going on in Mason Tennessee. A 60% majority black town was being run by corrupt whites until 2016. Because the corruption got exposed blacks were finally able to run the racist whites out of office. But now Ford is about to build an electric car plant nearby. All of a sudden the state wants to revoke the charter and take over the town, citing the debt that was run up by the racist (Democrats probably) whites that used to run the town. Total mess. Folks whine and cry about black farmers getting "reparations." That same bill people here whined and complained about had a section in it for anybody who farmed in a rural area...which means anybody including white people. But nobody talks about the proven fact that the agriculture department for decades illegally discriminated against black farmers when it came to loans and grants. I'm all for gutting federal spending. But while it is still there it should be fair.

/rant

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Are you talking about the Jews or black people? When it comes to black people oppression didn't end with the end of slavery. As @Anti Federalist pointed out in another thread, you had highway systems in New York specifically built to cut blacks off from economic opportunity. And yes white communities have been messed over, but not for being white. And yes that does make a difference because a white person can restart someone else. If you're being done in because you are black that is carried with you. Right now a fight is going on in Mason Tennessee. A 60% majority black town was being run by corrupt whites until 2016. Because the corruption got exposed blacks were finally able to run the racist whites out of office. But now Ford is about to build an electric car plant nearby. All of a sudden the state wants to revoke the charter and take over the town, citing the debt that was run up by the racist (Democrats probably) whites that used to run the town. Total mess. Folks whine and cry about black farmers getting "reparations." That same bill people here whined and complained about had a section in it for anybody who farmed in a rural area...which means anybody including white people. But nobody talks about the proven fact that the agriculture department for decades illegally discriminated against black farmers when it came to loans and grants. I'm all for gutting federal spending. But while it is still there it should be fair.

/rant
    Fair? Blacks disproportionately participate in all the welfare programs. Tell me how the lives of modern blacks of the last 3 generations which means almost everyone still alive were not treated with anything but support and financial assistance by the government? Tell me how today's living Blacks were affected by what happened in the 19th century? Do you realize Blacks are now getting loans from banks in special programs just for Blacks? You mention the farmland. Are you Black? If you are Black, you qualify for a $50,000 grant that never has to be paid back for the purpose of acquiring and maintaining a farm. Just be Black. There is also at least 4 Billion in debt forgiveness for those who owe money. Of course you should also be familiar with the educational assistances.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=black+farm...&t=ffsb&ia=web

Now, tell me when the Blacks are going to independently support themselves? I'll tell you. NEVER. Virtually all the rich Blacks are there for being entertainers and sports stars. That is a very, very small portion of the Black population. Blacks are not Europeans, and they are not Asians. They are not historically an industrious or civilizationally advanced race of people. Their social and familial structures were communal and matriarchal. That is an historical fact, not only in the past but a LIVING historical fact. We can debate about the qualities of this form of economy and form of government, both of which I despise, but if the capitalist oligarchy is kept in place, while tossing crumbs to the Blacks, all it does it purchase their consent - which is nothing more than an updated form of slavery.

You should also understand that all the statistics that group all "White" ethnicities together are gross misrepresentations of the truth. The differences between "White" ethnicities in the history of this country is vast in terms of capitalist top-level ownership and participation and access to the helms of power and business.
    Last edited by Snowball; 04-03-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy ... Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed." - J.F.K.

Egyptian slaves need reparations.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Fair? Blacks disproportionately participate in all the welfare programs.
    Bvllshyt. That only counts if you don't consider corporate welfare. Like the corporate welfare Ford and GM got in payment for being treasonous Nazis.