Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Follow Their Rules" By Alex Stein

"Follow Their Rules" By Alex Stein

Scott Adams (author of "Dilbert" comic, early Trump supporter, daily podcast on politics and persuasion) often talks about a persuasion technique called "follow their rules".

The example he gives came from working as a teller at a bank when he was younger. It was a busy bank, and if they followed every single protocol every time it would just take way too long to serve each customer. For example, if you have a customer you see nearly every day and they are depositing a check, maybe you don't ask for ID. One day his manager came by when he was doing a transaction with a customer and he didn't ask for ID. The manager said he had to follow all the rules by the book. Next thing you know, the line was out the door. The manager could tell he was working quickly, so he gave in and said "never mind" and he went back to working like normal.

It can also be used in political debates. The left has insane rules, so instead of arguing against them, follow them to the "T". Follow them harder than ANYBODY. Scott Adams has been identifying as black for about a couple years now. He got a DNA test that says he has some African heritage, and he feels more of a connection to the black community. One reason is that he was discriminated against by his employer for his race twice back in the 80s when his managers told him they couldn't promote him to upper level management because there were too many white males in those positions and they needed more diversity.

Alex Stein has been taking this persuasion technique to the next level.

I can't stop cracking up when he was talking about the terrarium for his daughter who identifies as a lizard.. one of the women on the zoom couldn't handle herself and put her hand in front of her face while she was laughing, so the moderator cuts her video out and interrupts him.. but he keeps pressing on

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

wuuuut

Here is another example by South Park from a few years ago:

Last edited by dannno; 03-28-2022 at 03:15 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Good idea on Mark's part to dye his hair green. Even more impressed that he didn't break character once.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Steven Crowder is getting in on that action, too ...

https://twitter.com/wokal_distance/s...76199799492610

UNDERCOVER: Crowder Infiltrates “FAT STUDIES” Conference | Louder with Crowder
    Crowder goes undercover to present a paper to a REAL CONFERENCE of "Fat Studies" scholars. Will they be able to tell he's an imposter? Watch to find out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekDq_Ebi2I
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Steven Crowder is getting in on that action, too ...
    UNDERCOVER: Crowder Infiltrates “FAT STUDIES” Conference | Louder with Crowder
    Crowder goes undercover to present a paper to a REAL CONFERENCE of "Fat Studies" scholars. Will they be able to tell he's an imposter? Watch to find out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bekDq_Ebi2I
    LOL....

"Can you peer review my $#@!ty research paper?!"

"Look Ma!! I'm an authoritative source!"

The two easiest ways I know to do this is to act like they still care about equality, and quote Martin Luther King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PrimeTime99 Alex Stein bringin' the

In one short interview:

- Mentioned trauma-based mind-control
    - Mentioned the CP on Hunter's laptop
    - Mentioned Ketanji's known soft-stance on CP/etc.
    - Mentioned the clownish absurdity of the "elites"
    - Mentioned that elected officials become "NPC"s upon election because they believe we work for them, not the other way around

... astounding ...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 03-29-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Stein’s probably a psychopath in real life...but very funny & creative

Thanks for comedy relief

A little side note: Stein lost his mother in October last year due to the hospital protocols on Covid-19. His story is here.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    A little side note: Stein lost his mother in October last year due to the hospital protocols on Covid-19. His story is here.
    Alex Jones? No thnks.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Alex Jones? No thnks.
    Good Lord. We have to learn to get past things and listen to what Alex Stein says.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Good Lord leave Alex Jones behind.

Good Lord. We have to learn to get past things and listen to what Alex Stein says.
    Fortunately, it's possible to do that without listening to fat, loudmouth, gravel-voiced tools try to sell me dick pills.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Fortunately, it's possible to do that without listening to fat, loudmouth, gravel-voiced tools try to sell me dick pills.
    Too bad he doesn't sell pills on how not to be a dick.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too bad he doesn't sell pills on how not to be a dick.
    Nobody would ever believe they worked, after watching him say he uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Dude’s unhealthy in a lot of categories. Feel bad for anyone still following

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Dude’s unhealthy in a lot of categories. Feel bad for anyone still following

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

You will never win a rigged game by playing by their rules. That is why they DEMAND the levels of Blind Obedience to THEIR rules that they do.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1547397629260226560

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^

What hath Alex Stein wrought?

https://twitter.com/stevenvoiceover/...47484509876228
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Last I checked giving the camera the peace sign is not an indication that you want to deck someone.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    What a duo...

Alex Stein 99 - Part Of The Problem 896
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave and Alex discuss his career highlights including the AOC catcalling moment and how he became the public figure he is today by satirizing city council meetings all over the country. This episode was recorded on 8.19.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKXYPtJijww
    //

This is how these people should be treated - with contempt and derision.

They should never be given the honor of being taken seriously - they've done nothing to earn it.

https://twitter.com/alexstein99/stat...23582658969600

https://twitter.com/alexstein99/stat...33041639673856

This is how these people should be treated - with contempt and derision.

They should never be given the honor of being taken seriously - they've done nothing to earn it.

https://twitter.com/alexstein99/stat...23582658969600
    IDK. He was good when he was trolling meetings, but the street harassment of individuals is just kind of obnoxious, IMHO. It’s not really funny, and he’s not making any great political points. I suppose his point could be that leftists harass people on the streets and turn around is fair play, but that would be a very subtle and easily overlooked point.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast