Thread: ‘Is a New Platform Needed?’ Elon Musk Follows-Up on Free Speech Poll About Twitter

‘Is a New Platform Needed?’ Elon Musk Follows-Up on Free Speech Poll About Twitter

‘Is a New Platform Needed?’ Elon Musk Follows-Up on Free Speech Poll, Asking ‘What Should Be Done’ About Twitter

By Caleb Howe
    Mar 26th, 2022

Billionaire Elon Musk this week ran a poll on Twitter about Twitter and free speech, which he warned could have consequences. On Saturday, Musk followed up and asked whether it’s time for a new platform.

In his poll, Musk said that free speech is “essential to a functioning democracy,” and asked, “Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?”

The poll received 2,035,924 and “No” won 70.4% to 29.6%.

In his follow-up, Musk said that, since Twitter “serves as the de facto public town square,” the fact that the service isn’t upholding freedom of speech “undermines democracy.”

He then asked the question everyone was expecting: “Is a new platform needed?”

read more:
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/is-a...about-twitter/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What should be done about Twitter is that everybody currently using it that doesn't have a liberal ideology should leave the platform and let it become a leftist echo chamber.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    If I remember correctly, there have been some attempts at a Bitcoin-based version of Twitter. Not being able to erase your posts might have unintended consequences when mixed with things like liquor, so not sure that humanity is ready for that yet...

If people would stop trying to solve other peoples problems the world would be a better place. Let people solve their own issues. IMO people are not capable of fixing things until they themselves see a need.

The Left is really starting to hate Elon Musk. I hope he doesn't lose his company because of it.

Makes me wonder how much of the regulatory delays that is slowing Starship progress, is due to the Biden admin. Progress under Trump was much faster, with test launches every few months.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

In his follow-up, Musk said that, since Twitter “serves as the de facto public town square,” the fact that the service isn’t upholding freedom of speech “undermines democracy.”
    Basically what I have been saying all along.

He then asked the question everyone was expecting: “Is a new platform needed?”
    When in doubt, and by default, competition is a solution.

Unfortunately, in a wider sense, “competition” sometimes means literal war, when a competitor wields the power of a government.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A new platform is needed. One that isn't created with a specific political goal or outcome in mind.

Several new platforms were built in the last couple of years and they're all terrible in their own ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.