Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We may not have enough food soon

In Damien: Omen II, the Antichrist works to buy up all the farmland, seeds and fertilizer - to control a necessary good.
    A most necessary good. So, I think you can tell why they are doing this. Dependency is one step away from slavery.

Ultimately, the self-sufficient will be hunted down and slaughtered also. It's really very easy to do, especially with today's technology.

You don't even need human pilots anymore.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My question is what happens to the food supply when what the govt has already confiscated for "being contaminated" is given to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS while our native population is left to starve?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    My question is what happens to the food supply when what the govt has already confiscated for "being contaminated" is given to ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS while our native population is left to starve?
    You won't be left to starve. As long as you sell your soul.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    So long as they don't confiscate domestic animals I will be fine. I am a little worried they might force pest extermination removing the rodents and crawlers from the food chain. Isn't there a thread about eating bugs and liking them?
    Did you know that during the great depression officials from the Federal government went around to small farms and ordered them to destroy their herds of animals because of "foot and mouth disease"?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    //

Next question: Bill Gates now owns more farmland in the US than anyone else. If the plan is to cause the people to starve, then he shuts down the farms. Next thing to happen is the cattle and livestock will need to be slaughtered because the livestock will not have food either, so meat prices are gonna go DOWN before they SKYROCKET.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Next question: Bill Gates now owns more farmland in the US than anyone else. If the plan is to cause the people to starve, then he shuts down the farms. Next thing to happen is the cattle and livestock will need to be slaughtered because the livestock will not have food either, so meat prices are gonna go DOWN before they SKYROCKET.
    There are not many cattle 'raised' on commercial farms. Breeding/calving and weening are still done primarily on mom-n-pop land then the feeders are auctioned off. There is no reason they couldn't be 'finished' on grass and processed locally if it made financial sense.

Dairy tends to breed its own stock using AI for sexing and desired traits.

Pork and poultry are commercially farmed.

In my opinion shutting down the big packing plants would be a net positive for the US. For one simple reason, that being the cities would be forced to deal with the people growing the food. As it sits now they're completely isolated with Wall-Street and Big-Ag profiting handsomely for being the intermediator.

You'd think some savvy young agro-techocrats could figure a way to eliminate the suits from the food equation?

Both farmers and ranchers are dealing with big money traders in order to mitigate their risk of a bad crop....If there was another option many would jump ship from the status-quo..

Same here, they want to halve the animal population.

Humans are animals too. If we had less humans, every human could eat as much meat as they want...
    The tendency for governments, religions and grandparents to want to increase the human population at all costs is the bigger problem.
    "I am a bird"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did you know that during the great depression officials from the Federal government went around to small farms and ordered them to destroy their herds of animals because of "foot and mouth disease"?
    Now on the peripheral we have Bird Flu being the latest scare. Nothing new under the sun.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

These people are really confused.

For some reason they believe that country folks will hold their climate concerns in higher regard than the livestock that feeds their families.

Somebody's in for a rude awakening.

The baby formula shortage is worsening

Baby formula is getting even harder to come by at retailers across the U.S., amid a nationwide shortage of one of the most important products for new parents.

The shortage is so dire that Republican Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas on Monday called the situation "a national crisis" on Twitter.

"The FDA needs to immediately step up, be transparent, explain how it will get production restarted, and give parents a timeline. And the Biden Administration needs to take this seriously," he tweeted.

At retailers across the U.S., 40% of the top-selling baby formula products were out of stock as of the week ending April 24, a new analysis from Datasembly, which tracked baby formula stock at more than 11,000 stores, shows. National out-of-stock levels jumped nine percentage points, from 31% to 40% between April 3 and April 24. That's up sharply from 11% in November.

"This is a shocking number that you don't see for other categories," Ben Reich, CEO of Datasembly told CBS MoneyWatch.

The supply of baby formula was already so constrained that retailers have been limiting the number of products consumers are allowed to purchase in order to preserve their inventories.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...ing/ar-AAW0Qv5
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Fear!! fear fear!!!

Whose selling fear!!?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    These people are really confused.

For some reason they believe that country folks will hold their climate concerns in higher regard than the livestock that feeds their families.

Somebody's in for a rude awakening.
    Got that covered with CCP Plague 2.0.

The next time the mortality rate will NOT be .05 %
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Got that covered with CCP Plague 2.0.

The next time the mortality rate will NOT be .05 %
    I really don't see many out here in the sticks giving much heed to climate concerns Plague 2.0 or not..

Nobody's going to pull their job trailer with a Prius, farmers aren't putting up hay with battery powered tractors and the row-croppers these people buy their food from can't meet demand without diesel.

Plague 2.0 will wipe out the man-bun pink haired crowd long before it gets a toehold out here, if it ever does..

Maybe they've designed the next variant to affect those without high estrogen levels? Or those whose gut bacteria feed primarily on animal proteins?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Even then there will be. The government may be seizing it and sending it abroad, or storing it, or destroying it, or whatever. But even if Monsanto, ADM and their ilk decide to play Schwab's game, there are enough family farms left to feed us all. Even if these petroleum games disrupt the fertilizer supply, they'll be able to produce enough of something.

If they seize all the private farms and plant prairie grass because "environment" there might not be food. But we aren't talking about something in finite supply, or something which American appetites could outstrip America's ability to supply. This narrative is an insult to reason.
    Fertilizer availability and cost have gone through the roof. Some farmers are going without. Others are using much less. This means far less is going to be grown and what is grown, will not be the same quality.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If anyone here hasn't of yet called and written their congressman and senators and asked them to support Massie's THE PRIME ACT, please do so now.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Just set up 2 Garden Boxes for the Girls..

not a farm,,but we can grow some.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

There is no evidence that Bill Gates had a tuna fish sandwich for lunch. And there is no evidence that he did not.

No food is one way to cure an obesity problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Just set up 2 Garden Boxes for the Girls..

not a farm,,but we can grow some.
    Last week I finished--six raised beds, 4 1/2 barrels, and 6 window boxes for herbs. I am a member of a CSA (Community supported agriculture), and I work at a farm market. I have made friends with farmers and ranchers in my community--keep it local and stay local. Big box stores have nothing close to this good clean food.

I plan on dehydrating, can and freeze all summer long.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

No food is one way to cure an obesity problem.
    If for nothing else one can hope that it gets these people off of their fat arses to eat clean and stop eating the garbage that made them obese in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If for nothing else one can hope that it gets these people off of their fat arses to eat clean and stop eating the garbage that made them obese in the first place.
    It is disheartening to me to be at the grocery store and see a young obese woman with kids and her cart filled to the brim with nothing but processed junk food.

It is disheartening to me to be at the grocery store and see a young obese woman with kids and her cart filled to the brim with nothing but processed junk food.
    I couldn't agree more. I think of all the potential the children would have if they weren't malnourished. I have said for years this was part of the agenda to dumb us down.

I also think with this baby formula shortage, just how dependent people are on government.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I think of all the potential the children would have if they weren't malnourished. I have said for years this was part of the agenda to dumb us down.

I also think with this baby formula shortage, just how dependent people are on government.
    I am all for letting people live the way they choose. But I think it is a sin to bring up children to be fat or obese and have no reasoning skills. Regardless of socioeconomic conditions, it is cheaper and healthier to prepare home cooked meals from scratch. I cook for 5 adults every day and for around $20-$30 we have enough food for 15 meals. My wife and I ate out the other evening. We went to a Thai place. We had two entrees and two appetizers and only drank water. With tax and tip it cost $66. My son and I went to Wayback hamburger for the first time in 10 years. We drank water. I got a double cheeseburger with cheese and a fry he got a chicken sandwich with fries. It cost $28. Screw that! The hamburger was pretty good. The Thai food was sub-par. The food I cook is delicious. I have no desire to eat out. Lately for desert we have been making smoothies. We bought a Ninja large blender/food processor gadget. I put in two ripe bananas, some whole yogurt, frozen mango, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and enough almond milk to allow it to process. Boy is that delicious! I do not consume alcohol. Golly gee if you go to a restaurant and order a drink what is that these days? Probably close to $10. That smoothie is not cheap but it is delicious and nutritious. Coffee at a restaurant is not hovering around $3. Screw that! I buy my beans and grind them. We have this Ninja coffee maker that can make a small or large cup or an entire pot. Nothing we eat comes prepared. How can an illiterate mom and dad teach their children to read? How can parents with zero math skills teach their children math? I had a rental home that I just sold to my son. First floor tenant is clean and great. The end of March I had the second floor tenant vacate. She was obese with 3 kids and a hundred friends that she probably allowed to stay there. This beautiful place that I had sweat over to rebuild years earlier was totally filthy everywhere. Cockroaches that the building never had and ants everywhere. It has taken me two months to get it back in shape. People have no responsibility and do not take care of themselves, their children, or anything that is not theirs. Entitlements breed irresponsible filthy, lazy, dumb, citizens. I am glad I am getting old. The world in my view is not getting better.

I am all for letting people live the way they choose. But I think it is a sin to bring up children to be fat or obese and have no reasoning skills. Regardless of socioeconomic conditions, it is cheaper and healthier to prepare home cooked meals from scratch. I cook for 5 adults every day and for around $20-$30 we have enough food for 15 meals. My wife and I ate out the other evening. We went to a Thai place. We had two entrees and two appetizers and only drank water. With tax and tip it cost $66. My son and I went to Wayback hamburger for the first time in 10 years. We drank water. I got a double cheeseburger with cheese and a fry he got a chicken sandwich with fries. It cost $28. Screw that! The hamburger was pretty good. The Thai food was sub-par. The food I cook is delicious. I have no desire to eat out. Lately for desert we have been making smoothies. We bought a Ninja large blender/food processor gadget. I put in two ripe bananas, some whole yogurt, frozen mango, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and enough almond milk to allow it to process. Boy is that delicious! I do not consume alcohol. Golly gee if you go to a restaurant and order a drink what is that these days? Probably close to $10. That smoothie is not cheap but it is delicious and nutritious. Coffee at a restaurant is not hovering around $3. Screw that! I buy my beans and grind them. We have this Ninja coffee maker that can make a small or large cup or an entire pot. Nothing we eat comes prepared. How can an illiterate mom and dad teach their children to read? How can parents with zero math skills teach their children math? I had a rental home that I just sold to my son. First floor tenant is clean and great. The end of March I had the second floor tenant vacate. She was obese with 3 kids and a hundred friends that she probably allowed to stay there. This beautiful place that I had sweat over to rebuild years earlier was totally filthy everywhere. Cockroaches that the building never had and ants everywhere. It has taken me two months to get it back in shape. People have no responsibility and do not take care of themselves, their children, or anything that is not theirs. Entitlements breed irresponsible filthy, lazy, dumb, citizens. I am glad I am getting old. The world in my view is not getting better.
    The food has been adulterated to make it not nourishing, was my point of malnourished children.

I have known brilliant people who came from poor, illiterate parents--the one thing is, poor and literate doesn't mean their children were malnourished.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast