Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We may not have enough food soon

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    It is disheartening to me to be at the grocery store and see a young obese woman with kids and her cart filled to the brim with nothing but processed junk food.
    I agree when I see a 5 year old child weighing more than I do I get more than disheartened I get angry. Granted I am a small adult but still no 5 year old child should weigh over 100 lbs.I have been trying to find a way to reach out to the parents of these children. But I am going to have to think on it for a while to make sure I can be kind and understanding at the same time...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anybody else noticed that while all the "good" food prices go up and up and up.

The high sugar/carb food that is designed to make us fat (and even addicted) prices haven't gone up anywhere near the same percentage?!?
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    It is disheartening to me to be at the grocery store and see a young obese woman with kids and her cart filled to the brim with nothing but processed junk food.
    It's disheartening to me knowing that the 'single mom' you speak of is likely feeding herself and her kids from the tax coffers.

SACRAMENTO — After decades of fighting farmers in court over how much water they can take out of California’s rivers and streams, some state lawmakers want to try something different: use taxpayer money to buy out farmers.

A proposal in the state Senate would spend up to $1.5 billion to buy “senior water rights” that allow farmers to take as much water as needed from the state’s rivers and streams to grow their crops. If state officials owned those rights, they could leave the water in the rivers to benefit endangered species of salmon and other fish.
    Legally, all of the water in California is the property of the government. But farmers have “water rights” that let them take water for agriculture. Farmers have used those rights — governed by a complicated system based on seniority and other factors — to turn California’s Central Valley into an agricultural powerhouse that provides much of the nation’s fruits, nuts and vegetables.
    But state Sen. Brian Dahle, a republican running for governor whose family has been farming in California for 92 years, said the only reason farmers would be willing to sell is because state officials are driving them out of business with burdensome regulations.
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/06/...to-save-water/
    More wonderful innovation coming from California. Let the government own all of the water and the farmland. What could possibly go wrong?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

'Exceptional drought' expanded in parts of California's agricultural Central Valley north of Los Angeles in this week's report. That is the most severe of the weekly update's four drought categories.

The area includes portions of Kern, Tulare, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa and Tuolumne counties. The flat region that dominates the central part of the state has some of the most productive farmland in the country, including vast crop fields with fruits, grains, nuts and vegetables.
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...tions/2903848/
    The perfect storm. Drought, inflation, energy costs, govt mandates, shutdowns and hinderances. Hard to think of anything more that could be done to create a food shortage. Biden and friends are following in the footsteps of Stalin, Mao, Castro, Pol Pot, etc.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234