Thread: Rand Paul Introducing ‘Fauci Amendment’ To Prevent ‘Health Dictatorship’

Exclamation Rand Paul Introducing ‘Fauci Amendment’ To Prevent ‘Health Dictatorship’

Rand Paul Introducing ‘Fauci Amendment’ To Prevent ‘Health Dictatorship’

Senator says action will “ensure that ineffective, unscientific lockdowns and mandates are never foisted on the American people ever again.”

14 March, 2022Steve Watson

Senator Rand Paul has announced that he intends to introduce an amendment in the Senate to prevent anyone from ever again becoming a health ‘dictator in chief’.

In an op-ed for Fox News, Paul noted that the action “would eliminate Dr. Fauci’s position as NIAID director,” as well as “divide his power into 3 separate institutes.”

Paul explained that “Each of these three institutes will be led by a director who is appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate for a five-year term.”

The Senator added that “This will create accountability and oversight into a taxpayer-funded position that has largely abused its power and has been responsible for many failures and misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic.”

“No one person should have unilateral authority to make decisions for millions of Americans,” Paul urged, adding that his amendment could “ensure that ineffective, unscientific lockdowns and mandates are never foisted on the American people ever again.”

“No one person should have the sole authority to dictate science, especially when that one person wasn’t ever following the science,” Paul asserted, emphasising that “For two years our lives were held captive by petty tyrants and power-hungry bureaucrats.”

Paul pointed to the recent Johns Hopkins study that found global lockdowns have had a much more detrimental impact on society than they have produced any benefit, with researchers urging that they “are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.”

“A rational person might ask, how in the world did it take us so long to get to the truth?” Paul noted, asking “Why did we spend two years not following the science?”

“Well again, that’s what happens when “the science” is dictated by one man, an unelected bureaucrat with far too much power,” he concluded, referring to Fauci.

“Dr. Fauci caused people to engage in activities they wouldn’t have normally by telling them it was safe when masked when it wasn’t. I tried to sound the alarm, but I was censored by YouTube and my videos were taken down,” Paul noted.

He continued, “Dr. Fauci and his friends worked diligently to silence opposing views. The media amplified his efforts. We were branded conspiracy theorists and anti-science for simply asking questions and presenting alternatives to what had been delivered to the American people as ‘fact.'”

As we noted at the time, YouTube suspended Paul for questioning the efficacy of face masks despite the fact that the Senator’s comments were virtually identical to those made by Joe Biden’s former COVID adviser Dr. Michael Osterholm just one week prior.

Months later, when the CDC revised its guidelines on masks, admitting that cloth masks do virtually nothing to stop the spread of COVID, Paul asked “Does this mean snot-nosed censors at YouTube will come to my office and kiss my … and admit I was right?”

“The biggest lesson we have learned over the last two years is that no one person should have this much unchecked power. And my amendment, which will get a vote this week, will finally force accountability and fire Dr. Fauci,” Paul asserted Sunday.
    https://summit.news/2022/03/14/rand-...-dictatorship/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Good, but not great. Better a pair of amendments--one for humanity's bodily autonomy (no mandates of diets or injections), and a media anti-trust amendment. And maybe even a third one saying the government does not determine what science is.

Still, props to the man for trying to prevent these crimes from being swept under the rug.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-14-2022 at 10:25 AM.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Am I correct in reading this that Rand is wanting to create 3 new bureaucracies?

If so, ugh.

Everyone with a functioning brain hates Fauci but I don't see this helping anything.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The "Fauci Amendment" that I want to see, is one that puts criminal charges on him, and makes it illegal to participate in or fund GoF research (prison time, no slap on wrist)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Am I correct in reading this that Rand is wanting to create 3 new bureaucracies?

If so, ugh.
    Government ALWAYS expands and never shrinks.

The amendment should state: Government has NO business in healthcare. Period.

Operation Warp Speed: Trump started it, Biden was put in to roll it out. Neither defunded or opposed Fauci and his handlers.

F&ck all of them.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

An Agorist Primer

COVID lockdown lessons learned – Fauci amendment would mean no more health 'dictator in chief'
    My amendment would eliminate Dr. Fauci’s position as NIAID director, divide his power into 3 separate institutes
    By Sen. Rand Paul

This week marks the two-year anniversary of the COVID lockdowns. I join the American people in mourning the lives lost to this virus. I also mourn those we lost to the crushing and overbearing lockdowns and mandates that were based on junk science.

The toll of COVID doesn’t stop there. We lost more than individuals. We lost our freedoms. Our liberties. Our vibrant small town Main Streets. Our children’s growth and learning. For two years our lives were held captive by petty tyrants and power-hungry bureaucrats.

We’ve learned a lot over the past two years, but one lesson in particular is that no one person should be deemed "dictator in chief." No one person should have unilateral authority to make decisions for millions of Americans.

To ensure that ineffective, unscientific lockdowns and mandates are never foisted on the American people ever again, I will introduce an amendment to eliminate Dr. Anthony Fauci’s position as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and divide his power into three separate new institutes.

Each of these three institutes will be led by a director who is appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate for a five-year term. This will create accountability and oversight into a taxpayer-funded position that has largely abused its power and has been responsible for many failures and misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic.

No one person should have the sole authority to dictate science, especially when that one person wasn’t ever following the science. I’ve said that from the beginning, and I’ve been proven right over, and over, and over again. On masks, lockdowns, schools, natural immunity, all of it.

A rational person might ask, how in the world did it take us so long to get to the truth? Why did we spend two years not following the science?

Well again, that’s what happens when "the science" is dictated by one man, an unelected bureaucrat with far too much power.

The country is still reeling from the economic fallout of the lockdowns, which didn’t work. A group of researchers at Johns Hopkins University released a report confirming that. The report is an extensive analysis looking at dozens and dozens of studies, which comes to the conclusion that lockdowns did not reduce mortality but were devastating to the economy.

Perhaps the biggest victims of the lockdowns were our children.

All across the country, millions of kids haven’t experienced a normal school day since the beginning of 2020. Whether it be virtual learning, having to wear masks all day, being separated by plexiglass, mandatory vaccinations, weekly or daily testing, canceled extracurricular activities, sports, and events, nothing is normal and it’s scarring our children.

According to the CDC, between March and October 2020, hospital emergency department volume for mental health visits for kids ages 12 to 17 increased 31% compared to the same period the year before. We also saw a 24% increase for ages 5 to 11 over the same time period.

And it only got worse in 2021, in emergency rooms in 38 children’s hospitals across the United States, the number of suicide and self-injury cases in the first nine months of 2021 was 47% higher among children ages 5 to 8, and 182% higher among kids ages 9 to 12, all compared to 2016 data.

But it wasn’t just lockdowns that affected kids. It was also the notion that they MUST wear a mask for eight hours a day that also created psychological issues and inhibited communication between students and teachers.

Keeping kids out of school clearly did far more harm than good. And the same can be said for masks.

While the powers that be are just now starting to do away with mask mandates, we’ve known all along that cloth masks don’t work.

When Dr. Fauci said that cloth masks worked, I was truly concerned because that’s not what the science demonstrated. Misinformation can cost lives if the government convinces 80-year-olds to wear useless cloth masks while taking care of spouses with COVID.

Dr. Fauci caused people to engage in activities they wouldn’t have normally by telling them it was safe when masked when it wasn’t. I tried to sound the alarm, but I was censored by YouTube and my videos were taken down. ("If Dr. Fauci says masks work, it must be true!" the fake-news fact-checkers all screamed in unison.)

Dr. Fauci and his friends worked diligently to silence opposing views. The media amplified his efforts. We were branded conspiracy theorists and anti-science for simply asking questions and presenting alternatives to what had been delivered to the American people as "fact."

I’ve been a physician for over 33 years. In all my years studying and practicing medicine, I had never encountered someone with the gall to proclaim himself "the science" and portray anyone opposing him as "attacking science." That is, until Dr. Fauci became the COVID dictator-in-chief.

If Fauci was simply one family doctor in Peoria, his mistakes would not be so catastrophic. But since Fauci is allowed to be a medical czar for the whole country, his errors are amplified throughout the land.

When Fauci misinforms the public that cloth masks work, he risks the health of anyone who believes a cloth mask will protect them when caring for a spouse or relative with COVID.

When Fauci decides that he alone will define and fund dangerous "gain-of-function" research, his disregard for the possibility of a lab leak is felt worldwide.

The biggest lesson we have learned over the last two years is that no one person should have this much unchecked power. And my amendment, which will get a vote this week, will finally force accountability and fire Dr. Fauci.
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/covi...-sen-rand-paul
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If so, ugh.

Everyone with a functioning brain hates Fauci but I don't see this helping anything.
    I agree. This is a terrible idea. More government is NOT the solution to too much government.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    To ensure that ineffective, unscientific lockdowns and mandates are never foisted on the American people ever again, I will introduce an amendment to eliminate Dr. Anthony Fauci’s position as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and divide his power into three separate new institutes.

Each of these three institutes will be led by a director who is appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate for a five-year term. This will create accountability and oversight into a taxpayer-funded position that has largely abused its power and has been responsible for many failures and misinformation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
    LMAO. How much "accountability and oversight" has there been for the one institute we already have? And how well has that worked out?

What the hell makes Rand think that these three new institutes won't end up "abus[ing their] power and [being] responsible for many failures and misinformation"?

If you're not going to eliminate it altogether, then at least curtail the power (of the director) of the one we already have and just leave it at that.

Otherwise ...

Correction: three more shall take its place. Hail Hydra!

Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

Platform · Our Actions

Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

#TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise

HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Good, but not great. Better a pair of amendments--one for humanity's bodily autonomy (no mandates of diets or injections), and a media anti-trust amendment. And maybe even a third one saying the government does not determine what science is.

Still, props to the man for trying to prevent these crimes from being swept under the rug.
    Good. But no new antitrust legislation is actually needed. Twitter, Facebook and Google could already be subject to an antitrust lawsuit and possibly a 42 U.S.C. 1983 lawsuit if anyone had the balls to file it. @Anti Federalist was right on this. The Facebook / Fauci emails show that Facebook was asking as a state actor to pre-emptively censor speech. And the whisleblower that showed that Twitter, Facebook and Google were colluding on who to censor is a violation of current anti trust laws. I know libertarians hate those laws in general, but sometimes they are the right solution.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The "Fauci Amendment" that I want to see, is one that puts criminal charges on him, and makes it illegal to participate in or fund GoF research (prison time, no slap on wrist)
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

Yeah. The main reason I want to see the GOP take over is for Rand and Jim Jordan to have subpoena power over Fauci. He needs to answer for his crimes and is $400K paycheck.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Good. But no new antitrust legislation is actually needed. Twitter, Facebook and Google could already be subject to an antitrust lawsuit and possibly a 42 U.S.C. 1983 lawsuit if anyone had the balls to file it. @Anti Federalist was right on this. The Facebook / Fauci emails show that Facebook was asking as a state actor to pre-emptively censor speech. And the whisleblower that showed that Twitter, Facebook and Google were colluding on who to censor is a violation of current anti trust laws. I know libertarians hate those laws in general, but sometimes they are the right solution.
    Thanks for the hat tip on that.

Who would be the person to bring a section 1983 anti trust lawsuit, that would not get thrown for lack of "standing"?

A family of a loved one that died because of the jabs?

Is it federal civil statutes that a federal prosecutor could file?
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Has anyone even died from the jab?

Asking from the perspective of a federal court judge.
    - Kim Kardashian

Sen. Rand Paul talks about his proposed legislation which would eliminate Fauci's job entirely

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If so, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I agree. This is a terrible idea. More government is NOT the solution to too much government.

LMAO. How much "accountability and oversight" has there been for the one institute we already have? And how well has that worked out?

What the hell makes Rand think that these three new institutes won't end up "abus[ing their] power and [being] responsible for many failures and misinformation"?

If you're not going to eliminate it altogether, then at least curtail the power (of the director) of the one we already have and just leave it at that.
    I believe that Rand's reasoning is that Fauci had consolidated power and budget money all to himself, and thus wielded near absolute power over everyone at the govt pig trough. Rand wants to decentralize that a bit by breaking Fauci's kingdom into 3 separate "institutes". I would assume that his proposal will not increase the budget at all, just divide it up. Would those three institute heads work together as one? It's possible, but then again, human nature tends to result in competition, especially with big egos involved.

I believe that Rand's reasoning is that Fauci had consolidated power and budget money all to himself, and thus wielded near absolute power over everyone at the govt pig trough. Rand wants to decentralize that a bit by breaking Fauci's kingdom into 3 separate "institutes". I would assume that his proposal will not increase the budget at all, just divide it up. Would those three institute heads work together as one? It's possible, but then again, human nature tends to result in competition, especially with big egos involved.
    I'm sure his intentions are good, but every govt TLA in existence was created basically the same way.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thanks for the hat tip on that.

Who would be the person to bring a section 1983 anti trust lawsuit, that would not get thrown for lack of "standing"?

Is it federal civil statutes that a federal prosecutor could file?
    Anybody who's article was censored by Facebook would have standing for 42 U.S.C. 1983.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1983
    Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

Facebook acted "under color of statute, ordinance, regulation, custom or usage" because Anthony Fauci is a state actor. (Government employee). The deprivation of rights is the right of free speech and freedom of the press. And Facebook colluded with Twitter and Google. That brings in federal conspiracy.

42 USC 1986(3)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1985
    If two or more persons in any State or Territory conspire or go in disguise on the highway or on the premises of another, for the purpose of depriving, either directly or indirectly, any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws, or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws; or for the purpose of preventing or hindering the constituted authorities of any State or Territory from giving or securing to all persons within such State or Territory the equal protection of the laws; or if two or more persons conspire to prevent by force, intimidation, or threat, any citizen who is lawfully entitled to vote, from giving his support or advocacy in a legal manner, toward or in favor of the election of any lawfully qualified person as an elector for President or Vice President, or as a Member of Congress of the United States; or to injure any citizen in person or property on account of such support or advocacy; in any case of conspiracy set forth in this section, if one or more persons engaged therein do, or cause to be done, any act in furtherance of the object of such conspiracy, whereby another is injured in his person or property, or deprived of having and exercising any right or privilege of a citizen of the United States, the party so injured or deprived may have an action for the recovery of damages occasioned by such injury or deprivation, against any one or more of the conspirators.

Anybody who lost money from being deplatformed by Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram etc has a right to sue. This could be a massive class action lawsuit. But they only have 1 year from the time the Fauci emails showing the collusion between Fauci and Mark Zuckerberg were released.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like cancer, bureaucracies tend to grow, not shrink.

I believe that Rand's reasoning is that Fauci had consolidated power and budget money all to himself, and thus wielded near absolute power over everyone at the govt pig trough. Rand wants to decentralize that a bit by breaking Fauci's kingdom into 3 separate "institutes".
    metastasis (noun): the transmission of pathogenic microorganisms or cancerous cells from an original site to one or more sites elsewhere in the body

If you replace one big tumor with three small tumors, then you're just going to end up with three big tumors ...

I would assume that his proposal will not increase the budget at all, just divide it up. Would those three institute heads work together as one? It's possible, but then again, human nature tends to result in competition, especially with big egos involved.
    ... and the host will end up being ravaged, whether those tumors work together or compete with each other.

(In fact, I can easily see competing tumors doing more damage than cooperating ones - e.g., duplication of effort, seeking to expand into unclaimed "territory" before the others do, bidding up each other's budgets, etc.)

I see RPF hasn't changed much since I dipped.

We have the usual purists who will never be happy with anything and then Brian who is reasonable as always.

The purists have no idea how much you are mocked by even Tom Woods, Malice, Dave Smith and the rest of the influentials.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Legislation is the problem not the cure.