Thread: The friend of my enemy is my enemy

Thumbs down The friend of my enemy is my enemy

Another fantastic way for NATO to get involved.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-hou...000147123.html

The U.S. remains in discussions with Poland to potentially backfill their fleet of fighter planes if Warsaw decides to transfer its used MiG-29s to Ukraine, four U.S. officials tell POLITICO.

The ongoing talks, as President Volodymyr Zelenskyy pleads with Congress for help, underscore the frantic push to find weapons to equip Ukrainian forces as they continue to fight off the massive Russian invasion.

As Poland weighed sending its warplanes to Ukraine last week, Warsaw asked the White House if the Biden administration could guarantee it would provide them with U.S.-made fighter jets to fill the gap. The White House said it would look into the matter. The Biden administration didn’t oppose the Polish government giving Kyiv the MiGs, which could potentially escalate tensions between NATO and Moscow. Poland, for now, has held on to its fighter jets.

Discussions between Warsaw and Washington are still underway, though authorization for new, replacement fighter jets to Poland could take a long time.

“We are working with the Poles on this issue and consulting with the rest of our NATO allies,” a White House spokesperson told POLITICO. “We are also working on the capabilities we could provide to backfill Poland if it decided to transfer planes to Ukraine.”

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Political theater. Poland would upgrade it's old soviet era Mig29s to F16s at US taxpayer expense. The Mig29s, if they could even get them into Ukraine without starting a broader conflict, would be cannon fodder for current SU35s

I'm going to assume that Russia has over-the-horizon capability over all of Ukraine.

I doubt that any air assets could be supported within Ukraine at this point.

If they propose to allow a "Ukrainian" air force operate from Poland, Romania, or Hungary, it would be "game on" for the wider conflict that the West craves.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/more-voices...r-jets-1685323

Several members of Congress are calling on the Biden administration to help facilitate the transfer of fighter jets to Ukraine after President Volodymyr Zelensky made a plea to lawmakers on Saturday.

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday that the U.S. is considering sending planes to Poland if Warsaw decides to send fighter jets to Ukraine.

"We are looking actively now at the question of airplanes that Poland may provide to Ukraine and looking at how we might be able to backfill should Poland decide to supply those planes," he said Sunday, according to Reuters.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm going to assume that Russia has over-the-horizon capability over all of Ukraine.

I doubt that any air assets could be supported within Ukraine at this point.

If they propose to allow a "Ukrainian" air force operate from Poland, Romania, or Hungary, it would be "game on" for the wider conflict that the West craves.
    Quite so. Nothing can be launched from within Ukraine, and if it's launched from outside Ukraine, that is what is called an "act of war"
    Last edited by TheTexan; 03-07-2022 at 12:35 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Ukraine now has 0 flight capable aircraft left in country. Zelensky is asking for us to commit to a no fly zone like Clinton did in Bosnia. Putin has responded again stating that any aircraft from other countries including the Ukraine fighters that were moved there, would mean a direct involvement in war and those countries would also be attacked. Poland is reluctant to send any aircraft there. Seems odd that nobody has included China in all of this.
    Last edited by showpan; 03-07-2022 at 12:40 AM.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Ukraine now has 0 flight capable aircraft left. Zelensky is asking for us to commit to a no fly zone like Clinton did in Bosnia...lol...it isn't going to happen this time unless Biden's handlers really do want an all out war with Russia AND China. Seems odd that nobody has included China in all of this.
    China is probably just like

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Ukraine now has 0 flight capable aircraft left in country. Zelensky is asking for us to commit to a no fly zone like Clinton did in Bosnia. Putin has responded again stating that any aircraft from other countries including the Ukraine fighters that were moved there, would mean a direct involvement in war and those countries would also be attacked. Poland is reluctant to send any aircraft there. Seems odd that nobody has included China in all of this.
    El Jefe did. This would be hugely big, the bestest thing quite possibly the most amazing thing ever.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/trump-told...224621393.html

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    Josh Dawsey
    @jdawsey1

Trump mused to donors that we should take our F-22 planes, "put the Chinese flag on them and bomb the $#@! out" out of Russia. "And then we say, China did it, we didn't do, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch."