Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Russia-Ukraine War

Not my circus, not my monkeys.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like Russia is knocking out air defenses countrywide in support of their troops who are only in the breakaway regions. This is tactics 101. Still seems like a whole lot of nothing so far.

Not our problem.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't give a $#@!. None of our business.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Let's never forget that this would have never come to this had the US/UK/Israel not meddled with Ukraine's intact government in 2013-2014.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Let's never forget that this would have never come to this had the US/UK/Israel not meddled with Ukraine's intact government in 2013-2014.
    & 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    2004?
    Back in 2004 the Bush administration was trying to manipulate things in Ukraine with the Orange Revolution.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ukraine Says Russia Has Launched a ‘Full-Scale’ Invasion
    Ukrainian officials said there have been missile strikes in Kyiv, Russian Defense Ministry says it's not attacking cities
    by Dave DeCamp - February 23, 2022

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba said Thursday that Russia has “has just launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.”

A series of explosions were reported across Ukraine, including near the capital Kyiv. Anton Gerashchenko, an advisor to Ukraine’s interior ministry, said there were “missile strikes on Kyiv.”

The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement that the Russian military is attacking Ukrainian military facilities and is not targeting cities.

In another statement, the Russian Defense Ministry said it crippled Ukraine’s air defenses with “precision” attacks. It also claimed that Ukrainian border guards are not resisting the advancing Russian troops.

Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special operation” in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region. He said the operation was meant to defend people living in the republics of Donetsk and Luhansk (DPR and LPR), which Russia recognized on Monday. After ordering the operation, Putin said that he has “no plans to occupy the Ukrainian territories.”

President Biden released a statement condemning Putin’s operation and said he would announce on Thursday “further consequences” that the US and its allies will “impose on Russia.”

Putin’s order was preceded by the separatists in the DPR and LPR asking Russia for military assistance to help in “repelling the aggression” of the Ukrainian military. Putin recognized the breakaway republics amid a spike of ceasefire violations along the line of control in the Donbas.

The DPR and LPR first declared independence after the US-backed coup in Kyiv in 2014. Under the Minsk agreements, which were signed in 2014 and 2015, Ukraine agreed to cede some autonomy to the breakaway republics and hold elections. In exchange, the Donbas would be demilitarized and the region would remain part of Ukraine. But the accords were never fully implemented. After recognizing the republics, Putin said the Minsk agreements no longer exist.

Putin’s operation in Ukraine came after months of security talks between the US and Russia. Russia submitted a list of security proposals to the US, and chief among them was a demand to promise that Ukraine would never join NATO, which was ignored.
    https://news.antiwar.com/2022/02/23/...cale-invasion/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Vladimir Putin’s invasion and bombing of Ukraine deserve the condemnation of all decent people. Regardless of what has been going on over there, Putin did not have to do it. He had a moral obligation to deal with the issues properly. His actions cannot be excused.
    https://libertarianinstitute.org/foreign-policy/damn/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He tried to. He was looking at NATO on his border. They had eight years to resolve this otherwise. Seem like Russia actually had a lot of patience.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1496890532286451713

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Don't give a $#@!. None of our business.
    True, but the news media is going to try to make people believe it should be their business with articles like this.

Russian Forces Are Trying To Seize Chernobyl Nuclear Plant' Claims Ukraine Prez Zelenskyy
    https://www.republicworld.com/world-...ticleshow.html
    Zelenskyy also informed that Ukrainian forces were fighting and laying down their lives so that the tragedy is not repeated.
    Russia's attempts to seize the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant amount to a declaration of war against the whole of Europe.
    The report mentioned that artillery fires in the area surrounding the Chernobyl Exclusion zone "could potentially release radiation"
    Russian forces enter Chernobyl to seize nuclear plant amid firefight with Ukrainians
    https://www.republicworld.com/world-...ticleshow.html
    "Advisor to Ukrainian interior ministry says Russian forces entered Chernobyl and that fighting there destroyed a nuclear waste storage facility," NBC's Richard Engel tweeted this afternoon.

This was initially reported, but was later clarified due to a mistranslation.

He added shortly after: "Clarifying: advisor says heaving fighting MAY disturb nuclear waste."
    The Ukraine press is of course going to lie to protect their interests and I do not blame them for that. The American-western press however will just repeat the propaganda. Who even knows what the truth is about anything.

Fox News particularly in past was notorious for frequent great lies throughout any conflict, only to retract it days later when no one is paying attention with the average folks only remember the initial hysteria.

My concern is a false flag to garner more public support in the US for Ukraine.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-24-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

If your going to condemn Putin, you need to condemn the US for the coup in 2014 in the same sentence.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He tried to. He was looking at NATO on his border. They had eight years to resolve this otherwise. Seem like Russia actually had a lot of patience.
    From a strategic perspective, this was an opportunity that Putin could not resist. It was handed to him on a golden platter:

- We currently have a senile child molester and a bubble headed bimbo leading the US. Complete incompetence.

- Biden's and Europe's "green" energy policies have weakened the US and Europe and have greatly strengthen Putin's hand. Europe is hopelessly dependent on Russia.

- China will not complain because they want Taiwan.

- The globalist kleptocrats can spend money and incite people, but no one will rally to their flag and fight to support their puppets in Ukraine. "Come on kids, grab a gun and march to your death under the banner of George Soros!"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If your going to condemn Putin, you need to condemn the US for the coup in 2014 in the same sentence.
    How about in the same tweet? And much more than that one instance. See post #41 above.

That’s exactly what honest people always call it. Or undeclared war if you prefer.

Nationwide cyber attacks and actual kinetic attacks on the Capital (Kiev). Not nothing. Acts of war.
    Yep. Acts of war in a conflict that I care absolutely NOTHING about. And in other news Saudi Arabia is still bombing the Houthi rebels in Yeman. (I think. I haven't heard anything about that in a while. They may all be dead for all I know). I'm just mad Obama let gays in the military because I was going to claim gay to get out of a draft. I'm too old to be drafted now but I've got draft age sons. But they still don't draft women and according to the lefties gender is whatever you say it is at the moment right?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

From a strategic perspective, this was an opportunity that Putin could not resist. It was handed to him on a golden platter:

- We currently have a senile child molester and a bubble headed bimbo leading the US. Complete incompetence.

- Biden's and Europe's "green" energy policies have weakened the US and Europe and have greatly strengthen Putin's hand. Europe is hopelessly dependent on Russia.

- China will not complain because they want Taiwan.

- The globalist kleptocrats can spend money and incite people, but no one will rally to their flag and fight to support their puppets in Ukraine. "Come on kids, grab a gun and march to your death under the banner of George Soros!"
    Putin is going to get what he wants, there is no doubt.

I don't think he will go beyond his stated goals. I could be wrong.

It seems like Biden wants WW3 and will be disapointed if he doesn't get it.

There seems to be a concerted effort to isolate US/UK/AUS.

EU seems to not be willing to cut Russia out of SWIFT. However, US and UK seem to be all for it.

Which means what? It means we're really cutting out ourselves from trade with EU/Russia.

I don't see incompetence, I see systematic economic destruction of the West along with global power shift to Eurasia.

All our responses are small/medium/large sanctions which only punish us.

Global tradecraft disguised as incompetence.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    some context:
    https://news.antiwar.com/2022/02/23/...cale-invasion/

"Putin’s order was preceded by the separatists in the DPR and LPR asking Russia for military assistance to help in “repelling the aggression” of the Ukrainian military. Putin recognized the breakaway republics amid a spike of ceasefire violations along the line of control in the Donbas. The DPR and LPR first declared independence after the US-backed coup in Kyiv in 2014. Under the Minsk agreements, which were signed in 2014 and 2015, Ukraine agreed to cede some autonomy to the breakaway republics and hold elections. In exchange, the Donbas would be demilitarized and the region would remain part of Ukraine. But the accords were never fully implemented. After recognizing the republics, Putin said the Minsk agreements no longer exist.

Putin’s operation in Ukraine came after months of security talks between the US and Russia. Russia submitted a list of security proposals to the US, and chief among them was a demand to promise that Ukraine would never join NATO, which was ignored."
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    There seems to be a concerted effort to isolate US/UK/AUS.

EU seems to not be willing to cut Russia out of SWIFT. However, US and UK seem to be all for it.

Which means what? It means we're really cutting out ourselves from trade with EU/Russia.

I don't see incompetence, I see systematic economic destruction of the West along with global power shift to Eurasia.

All our responses are small/medium/large sanctions which only punish us.

Global tradecraft disguised as incompetence.
    Seems to me that the US and AUS never fully escaped the control of the UK...

...But yes, the US MSM (aka Military Media Industrial Complex) is having an orgy. It has been full employment time for every discredited neocon and neolib pundit and propagandist for the past couple of weeks.
    It really has been amazing. I have been seeing neocons that I forget even existed on TV the past few days. And they are welcomed on the shows with open arms as if they are the most credible and distinguished experts ever.

My prediction: Nikki Haley just became Trump's running mate.

My prediction: Nikki Haley just became Trump's running mate.
    Trump is history.

The good news from Biden's speech is that the U.S. will do bupkis about Ukraine falling to the Russians other than sanctions.

We will only help the Ukrainians humanitarily.

That's what I got from it.

Hopefully this encourages Zelensky to surrender immediately to avoid future bloodshed as he knows no one is going to help.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Hopefully this encourages Zelensky to surrender immediately to avoid future bloodshed as he knows no one is going to help.
    Absolutely. Avoid needless bloodshed and destruction. The Ukrainian military should stand down, let Putin remove the Soros puppet government. Zelensky should just flee like the Afghan government did.

No doubt many of them want to fight to defend their homes and homeland, but fighting now would be counter-productive and create destruction. And it's doubtful many Ukrainians really want to fight for a kleptocratic puppet government.

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status...88274303299585

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The good news from Biden's speech is that the U.S. will do bupkis about Ukraine falling to the Russians other than sanctions.

We will only help the Ukrainians humanitarily.

That's what I got from it.

He could just cede the regions that want to be a part of Russia and that Russia defacto control, pledge to remain neutral in the future and this would all be over.

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Russian v. Nazi

None of our business.
    The President of Ukraine is Jewish though.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He could just cede the regions that want to be a part of Russia and that Russia defacto control, pledge to remain neutral in the future and this would all be over.
    That is probably true. Earlier Putin said he was ready to sit down with Kiev for negotiations.

Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast