Thread: How do we keep Themme straight and neutered?

How do we keep Themme straight and neutered?

The past decades have proven beyond any doubt that the various systems of governance are universally failed, worldwide.

I have called for and maintain the shriek that all unamended governmental violations of the rights of those to whom they swear oaths of good faith and service must be regarded as capital crimes. Assuming something along the lines of my 28th Amendment were to become reality (yeah, right), how would all this be made to work reliably? After all, a corrupt prosecutor has but to decline to bring charges and the people are left with the choice to get out their torches and pitchforks, or suck it.

So how then do we deal with corrupt prosecutors who refuse to bring charges against those for whom prima face cases exist?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

So how then do we deal with corrupt prosecutors
    Drawn and quartered on the public square will suffice.

Flaying or impalement are options to consider too.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Drawn and quartered on the public square will suffice.

Flaying or impalement are options to consider too.
    While I agree, this does not solve the problem.

When those in whom we vest our trust fail to discharge their duties, in this case failure to prosecute, what is the principled solution? I have no problem executing them, but how do we get from "I refuse to bring charges" to "Have you any last words?" We do NOT want angry mobs running amok, no matter how righteous their outrage; at least, not until things are so bad, and that is precisely what I would want to avoid. OK, John Dough, US Attorney, refuses to prosecute his brother, Dil. Assuming a prima facie case, John's reasons for refusal become irrelevant. John needs to be put into a prison cell for a very long time and Dil needs to be tried.

The members in all dens of iniquity tend to watch out for one another when outside forces threaten one of their own, even when they hate and suspect one another.

Idea: several special councils with overlapping territories who have the authority to immediately and permanently displace any prosecutor who fails at his professional obligations. When a prosecutor fails to bring charges, he may be brought before the council by petition and forced out of his position on the spot, given cause, and disbarred from holding any governmental position ever again in his lifetime.

Or perhaps have a body of special prosecutors on tap for all cases involving governmental misconduct. They would be incentivized not only to prosecute, but to win.

We have recently seen far too many instances of prosecutors refusing to charge criminals and that has got to stop.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Hatchet, Axe, and Saw
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    While I agree, this does not solve the problem.

When those in whom we vest our trust fail to discharge their duties, in this case failure to prosecute, what is the principled solution? I have no problem executing them, but how do we get from "I refuse to bring charges" to "Have you any last words?" We do NOT want angry mobs running amok, no matter how righteous their outrage; at least, not until things are so bad, and that is precisely what I would want to avoid. OK, John Dough, US Attorney, refuses to prosecute his brother, Dil. Assuming a prima facie case, John's reasons for refusal become irrelevant. John needs to be put into a prison cell for a very long time and Dil needs to be tried.

The members in all dens of iniquity tend to watch out for one another when outside forces threaten one of their own, even when they hate and suspect one another.

Idea: several special councils with overlapping territories who have the authority to immediately and permanently displace any prosecutor who fails at his professional obligations. When a prosecutor fails to bring charges, he may be brought before the council by petition and forced out of his position on the spot, given cause, and disbarred from holding any governmental position ever again in his lifetime.

Or perhaps have a body of special prosecutors on tap for all cases involving governmental misconduct. They would be incentivized not only to prosecute, but to win.

We have recently seen far too many instances of prosecutors refusing to charge criminals and that has got to stop.
    The only way such tribunals could be effectively implemented would be to arbitrarily draw on members of the populace.

I've said for years that throwing a dart at a map, going into the closest diner at lunch and finding the first guy in bibs with calluses on his hands would give better results than elections.
    Something similar would be suitable for these instances.

As far as raising the issue and removing the "public servant" from office maybe 3-10 men willing to stake their fortune and reputation on their allegations. Doesn't matter if the men own a cardboard box of personal items or a multinational business so long as they're willing to risk it all to allege wrong-doings.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The only way such tribunals could be effectively implemented would be to arbitrarily draw on members of the populace.
    That sounds right. But there should be a formal process for this so there is some accountability. Otherwise it's Dukes of Hazard. The who's watching the watchers problem always exists. It becomes less an issue as people become morally sound.

I've said for years that throwing a dart at a map, going into the closest diner at lunch and finding the first guy in bibs with calluses on his hands would give better results than elections.
    Something similar would be suitable for these instances.
    I'm sure that could be worked out without too much trouble. The key in all of it is authority and accountability of all parties. No government instrument is immune. There must be equal hazard to anyone bringing false charges.

As far as raising the issue and removing the "public servant" from office maybe 3-10 men willing to stake their fortune and reputation on their allegations.
    Precisely so.

Doesn't matter if the men own a cardboard box of personal items or a multinational business so long as they're willing to risk it all to allege wrong-doings.
    Agreed.