Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC Justice Breyer to Retire

SC Justice Breyer to Retire

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...tment-n1288042

Don't expect a big shift, but I'm sure they'll get an "identity" that fits to replace him.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...tment-n1288042

Don't expect a big shift, but I'm sure they'll get an "identity" that fits to replace him.
    And I'm sure just as well informed as Sotomayor.

I remember when Democrats went apocalyptic in 2018 and 2020 screaming no SC nominations in an election year!
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

FTA: https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...eyer-to-retire

Biden: Black woman on court 'long overdue'

The president has said in the past that he would nominate a black woman to the court.

As listed by CNN, the president has said so on at least three occasions:

February 25, 2020: "We talked about the Supreme Court — I’m looking forward to making sure there’s a black woman on the Supreme Court to make sure we, in fact, get everyone represented."

March 15, 2020: "Number one I committed that if I’m elected as president and have the opportunity to appoint someone to the courts, I’ll appoint the first black woman to the court. It’s required that they have representation now — it’s long overdue,"

June 30, 2020: “We are putting together a list of African American women who are qualified and have the experience to be on the court. I am not going to release that until we go further down the line in vetting them as well."

Democratic lawmakers call on Biden to keep pledge to pick a Black woman for Supreme Court
    https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ent/index.html

Lawmakers are starting to react to the news that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is retiring. Several Democratic lawmakers are tweeting that President Biden should pick a Black woman to fill the vacant seat after Breyer leaves the bench.

The White House has not released any statements on Biden's next steps yet but the President said during the campaign trail that he would nominate a Black woman to the Supreme Court.

As recently as June 30, 2020, for example, Biden said, “We are putting together a list of African American women who are qualified and have the experience to be on the court. I am not going to release that until we go further down the line in vetting them as well.”

Here are some of the reactions to the Breyer news from members of Congress:

I thought someone said they were all jews and catholics. That has to be a pretty small pool of black women with law degrees.
    Do something Danke

We have a history of nominating mostly ugly women at the expense of beautiful ones. We also have had a few black men, but no Asians. In the name of diversity, I think Biden should nominate a hot Asian woman.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    We have a history of nominating mostly ugly women at the expense of beautiful ones. We also have had a few black men, but no Asians. In the name of diversity, I think Biden should nominate a hot Asian woman.
    What about a black homosexual trans-woman who identifies as a handicapped Asian ? No need for a law degree as presence alone save the planet.
    "I am a bird"

Doesn't Napolitano identify as an ebony sister these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Bill Kristol isn't nearly as good at this as Michael Malice is ...

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/stat...00186364698628
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-26-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Not surprising. Democrats needed Trump out of office to prevent SCOTUS from going 7-2. It was obvious that Breyer would be replaced before the Midterm elections.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Wow. I mean, I know they're all about someone's identity compared to their qualifications, but I'm still surprised by how brazen they are in admitting it.

What could be more racist?? There used to be a time when the left would be adamantly opposed to a selection based on the color of someone's skin. In fact...

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. I mean, I know they're all about someone's identity compared to their qualifications, but I'm still surprised by how brazen they are in admitting it.

What could be more racist?? There used to be a time when the left would be adamantly opposed to a selection based on the color of someone's skin.
    https://twitter.com/LeonydusJohnson/...99847720697861

Well if she doesn't need any legal qualifications, let's have Candace Owens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The next SC nominee needs to be carefully vetted to make sure that he or she has the right qualifications and experience.

In particular, I really think they should be looking for someone that has experience as a professional clown.

Considering how much clowning the SC does, it doesn't really make sense that none of the current justices have any actual professional experience as a clown.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The next SC nominee needs to be carefully vetted to make sure that he or she has the right qualifications and experience.

In particular, I really think they should be looking for someone that has experience as a professional clown.

Considering how much clowning the SC does, it doesn't really make sense that none of the current justices have any actual professional experience as a clown.
    Ahem. Do you mean circus clowns or party clowns? Because too often we get picks who identify as circus clowns and party clowns have long been an unrepresented minority. You really shouldn't equate all clowns as being the same. They are not the same.

If Biden ends up nominating Harris for SCOTUS and then has to pick a new VP, I guarantee you're going to have idiots clamoring for Biden to pick Trump as his new VP so he can end use the 25th Amendment on him.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If Biden ends up nominating Harris for SCOTUS and then has to pick a new VP, I guarantee you're going to have idiots clamoring for Biden to pick Trump as his new VP so he can end use the 25th Amendment on him.
    3D chess. #TrustThePlan

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    I remember when Democrats went apocalyptic in 2018 and 2020 screaming no SC nominations in an election year!
    They want this to be an election issue. Their blatant choosing of a nominee based on race and gender will sow division. It will also be something they can ask GOP candidates...

"How would you vote on this Supreme Court nominee? No? Aha! You are a racist, misogynistic, LGBTQ+ phobic, white supremacist (even if you aren't white)!"

What could be more racist?? There used to be a time when the left would be adamantly opposed to a selection based on the color of someone's skin. In fact...
    They want it to be about identity. See above.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

3D chess. #TrustThePlan
    Watch Biden nominate Clinton as his new VP and then 25th's him. That would be some real 3D chess.

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They don't even try to disguise the fact that it is fully partisan politics. Breyer's timing is partisan motivated, and they want a partisan replacement.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Kamala Harris and Justice Sotomayor are blatant proof that picking someone purely for "diversity" purposes is pure insanity. Neither of them are qualified or competent for the jobs they have been put into for diversities sake.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well if she doesn't need any legal qualifications, let's have Candace Owens.
    Candace Owens is not a black woman.

Ahem. Do you mean circus clowns or party clowns? Because too often we get picks who identify as circus clowns and party clowns have long been an unrepresented minority. You really shouldn't equate all clowns as being the same. They are not the same.
    Generally speaking, I would give initial preference to clowns with classical training in the Harlequinade arts, as the SC is in dire need currently of formal clowning expertise.

With that said, clowning is a noble profession, with indeed many varieties, and I do believe each type of clown/mime/harlequinadier each have valuable perspectives and experiences they would bring to the table as a SC justice.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

How is announcing you will only consider a black woman not racist and sexist? Democrats now live in an alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    How is announcing you will only consider a black woman not racist and sexist? Democrats now live in an alternate reality.
    You are a racist and sexist for asking such a question
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast