Thread: Judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for federal workers

Judge blocks Biden vaccine mandate for federal workers

Finding Biden overstepped his authority, a federal judge noted the government has provided no examples of a previous president invoking his power conferred by the Constitution to impose medical procedures on civilian federal employees.

GALVESTON, Texas (CN) — A Trump-appointed federal judge issued a nationwide injunction Friday blocking the requirement for federal employees to get inoculated against Covid-19.

Feds for Medical Freedom, a Nevada nonprofit comprised of thousands of employees of federal agencies, formed to oppose the Biden administration’s Covid-19 vaccine mandates, and dozens of its members sued President Joe Biden, all members of his Cabinet and other federal officials on Dec. 21 in Galveston federal court.

The lawsuit took aim at the White House’s directives for federal agencies to require Covid vaccines of all their employees and for federal contractors to do the same with their workforces or face losing their contracts with the government.

“I have determined that ensuring the health and safety of the federal workforce and the efficiency of the civil service requires immediate action to protect the federal workforce and individuals interacting with the federal workforce,” Biden said in a Sept. 9 statement unveiling the directive.

With the federal contractor mandate already blocked by a nationwide injunction, Feds for Medical Freedom’s attorney Trent McCotter of the Washington firm Boyden Gray & Associates acknowledged in a Jan. 13 preliminary injunction hearing he does believe Biden has the power to force members of the military to get the jab under Article II of the Constitution, but argued that authority doesn't extend to civilians.

“I don’t think there’s any inherent Article II power over civil employees being vaccinated," McCotter said. "And I don’t think there’s any statutory provision that has actually given the executive this power. … Maybe it’s a separate question whether Congress could do so. I just don’t believe they have done so.”
    More: https://www.courthousenews.com/judge...deral-workers/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When has Biden never overstepped his authority?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Finding Biden overstepped his authority, a federal judge noted the government has provided no examples of a previous president invoking his power conferred by the Constitution to impose medical procedures on civilian federal employees.
    This should not even be a question. What happened to my body my choice?
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 01-22-2022 at 06:53 AM.