Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse moves to get rifle back to destroy it

Exclamation Kyle Rittenhouse moves to get rifle back to destroy it

Kyle Rittenhouse moves to get rifle back to destroy it

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-to-destroy-it

Kyle Rittenhouse, who was acquitted of all charges in the shooting of three men during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, is making moves to get his gun back — so he can destroy it.

Mark Richards, an attorney for the 19-year-old, filed a motion in Kenosha County court Wednesday asking for the return of the AR-style rifle used by Rittenhouse during the riots in the summer of 2020, according to Kenosha News.

The report said a spokesman for Rittenhouse, Dave Hancock, sent a text message to a reporter Wednesday night saying the move is part of a "legal process ... The [Kenosha County district attorney] must return his belongings. When the rifle is returned, it will be destroyed."

Rittenhouse fatally shot two people and injured another during a riot over the nonfatal shooting of Jacob Black in 2020. A jury ruled that Rittenhouse acted in self-defense and acquitted him of five criminal charges in November of last year.

Under Section 968.20 of Wisconsin law, a person who has previously been accused of a crime and has had their property seized that is classified as a firearm can reclaim it under several criteria, including having "all charges filed in connection with the seizure against the person" dismissed.

Hancock previously said Rittenhouse wished for the gun to "be destroyed" and that there is "nothing to celebrate about that weapon."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very decent of him. I do hope he has not become afraid to ever purchase another.
    "I am a bird"

I feel for the kid. He probably wants nothing more than to put this behind him. I never faced anything like a muder trial nor a media lynching. I saw a friend go through a trial that was nowhere near as intense for a home defense killing. He was never the same.

Why destroy it?

The firearm didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I feel for the kid. He probably wants nothing more than to put this behind him. I never faced anything like a muder trial nor a media lynching. I saw a friend go through a trial that was nowhere near as intense for a home defense killing. He was never the same.
    Same.

To me, it seems like the difficult part would be that people are either celebrating him and his acts or else denouncing him and them. There's not much, if any, neutral ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I would frame it. Maybe later sell it on eBay for hooker & coke money.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Same.

To me, it seems like the difficult part would be that people are either celebrating him and his acts or else denouncing him and them. There's not much, if any, neutral ground.
    He's alive and a pedophile is dead.

That alone is cause for celebration.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

The rifle I think deserves a name. Perhaps "Pedo's Pain"
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same.

It wasn't really an event conducive to neutrality though.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Why destroy it?

Probably because he has PTSD and he hopes that destroying it will help him put those horrific events behind him. I can't blame him.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The rifle I think deserves a name. Perhaps "Pedo's Pain"
    Morelead4moredead
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Probably because he has PTSD and he hopes that destroying it will help him put those horrific events behind him. I can't blame him.
    But it's a relic, like Darth Vader's helmet on that movie I can't stomach to watch in its entirety.
    -Stannis Baratheon

I hope he gets it back, if for no other reason, than to piss off that pompous DA.

Same.

Yeah, it must be hard having people celebrate him for helping his community and defending his life. Those people must really be difficult for him. If only they could be more "neutral".

Do you even read the crap you write??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Kyle should get the Officer Brailsford mod for his AR.

It plays a lot better on KR's rifle, than the one on that evil bastard Brailsford's, in my opinion.

Last edited by sparebulb; 01-21-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Kyle should get the Officer Brailsford mod for his AR.

It plays a lot better on KR's rifle, than the one on that evil bastard Brailsford's, in my opinion.

Change the words to "FIND OUT" ?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    It wasn't really an event conducive to neutrality though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, it must be hard having people celebrate him for helping his community and defending his life. Those people must really be difficult for him. If only they could be more "neutral".

Do you even read the crap you write??
    We obviously disagree as to whether it is something to celebrate or simply an unfortunate necessity.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

We obviously disagree as to whether it is something to celebrate or simply an unfortunate necessity.
    The professionalism and restraint that Kyle showed during his ordeal should 100% be celebrated. Very few people would have been able to maintain their composure enough to avoid making fatal mistakes (for himself or others) during that type of event. Even professionals can have a hard time doing that.
    - Kim Kardashian

He should contact me so that I can take that gun off his hands. I'm sure it'll become useful to be in the future.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Why destroy it?

Optics, he's trying to change his public image.

It's stupid optics and will not help him with the target audience.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Why destroy it?

Indeed...it performed perfectly and exactly as designed and built to do.

Sell it or auction it off and give the proceeds to crime victims or some such feelgoodism, if he's feeling so guilty about it.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

He was a 17 year old kid who, though justifiably, killed 2 people and maimed another, and whose life has been irrevocably scarred by what he went through.

I can understand him wanting to destroy the gun. It probably won't stop the nightmares he has every time he closes his eyes, but he's probably hoping it will.