Thread: THIS is how stupid the world is become.

THIS is how stupid the world is become.

This is a relatively small thing, but it should nonetheless be observed as yet another data point on just how much we're being done by those who are not worthy to clean with their tongues the bottoms of the boots into which we just stamped in a pile of dog poo, yet deem themselves our betters.

I use facebook for the sake of keeping in touch with people I've known most of my life, but who live very far away. I also indulge myself by participating in a few groups. One of them is called "Blacksmithing for Beginners". I've been a smith since I'm sixteen and it remains a central element of my life.

Some time ago I made reference in Post 'A' to doing a "f a g g o t" weld. A f a g g o t is a pile of scrap that is welded into a single piece - very boilerplate operation for beginners to learn and master.

Two days ago I posted an answer about wrought iron (Post 'B'). It promptly disappeared. Big mystery is finally solved when an admin finds out that it was flagged for "hate speech". The idiots at fb refused to accept the explanation that "f a g g o t weld" is ancient and standard blacksmith jargon and stood by their decision... except those yobs deleted 'B', which made no reference to the term in question.

Times like these try my patience with stupidity to threadbare such that I entertain the notion that some people need to be beaten verily and in some cases terminally with iron bars. I'm probably wrong, but were the people at fb apprehended and so beaten, I just might look the other way.

I'll be over here in the corner, tearing out my hair if anyone needs me.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    This is a relatively small thing, but it should nonetheless be observed as yet another data point on just how much we're being done by those who are not worthy to clean with their tongues the bottoms of the boots into which we just stamped in a pile of dog poo, yet deem themselves our betters.

I use facebook for the sake of keeping in touch with people I've known most of my life, but who live very far away. I also indulge myself by participating in a few groups. One of them is called "Blacksmithing for Beginners". I've been a smith since I'm sixteen and it remains a central element of my life.

Some time ago I made reference in Post 'A' to doing a "f a g g o t" weld. A f a g g o t is a pile of scrap that is welded into a single piece - very boilerplate operation for beginners to learn and master.

Two days ago I posted an answer about wrought iron (Post 'B'). It promptly disappeared. Big mystery is finally solved when an admin finds out that it was flagged for "hate speech". The idiots at fb refused to accept the explanation that "f a g g o t weld" is ancient and standard blacksmith jargon and stood by their decision... except those yobs deleted 'B', which made no reference to the term in question.

Times like these try my patience with stupidity to threadbare such that I entertain the notion that some people need to be beaten verily and in some cases terminally with iron bars. I'm probably wrong, but were the people at fb apprehended and so beaten, I just might look the other way.

I'll be over here in the corner, tearing out my hair if anyone needs me.
    You should tell them that all FB mods are bundles of sticks.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I'm in the process of setting up a small outdoor forge right now.

Wouldn't mind leaning on you a bit to get going right.

And enjoy while you can...they'll eventually take the language away from you, like they did in the maritime world.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/******ing_(metalworking)

Apparently every time you faggot a metal, it makes it stronger.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Apparently RPF filters are likewise bundles of sticks, as I can't even link to a wikipedia page without it being censored.

link
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The world was dumb a long time ago. Episodes involving the perfectly good word "niggardly" go back decades. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contro...word_niggardly
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

And enjoy while you can...they'll eventually take the language away from you, like they did in the maritime world.
    Anything I can do, consider it done.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Shoot - those idiots wouldn't have a clue. I could also call them "cigarettes" or "brooms" or "weak" or "h o m o s".

One euphemism I use is "homer" or "Homer". I use it in place of h o m o, but there is also the Homer Simpson connection - and ignorant, effeminate buffoon, which is the real meaning behind the reference, but I like to watch the pansies go on about "homophobia" and all that, while I give them nothing in return (mostly) and just laugh to myself at how those people give themselves away, their responses being reflections of their own internal states, rather than of my own.

Admittedly, toying with lowatt "intellects" isn't much of a challenge, but it can prove droll at times. Besides, seeing them dance at the edge of bursting an artery has its appeal. If only they'd go over the precipice... Yeah, I'm real mean.

It is really quite something to witness how narrow between the eyes these lefties are. They luxuriate in their ignorance.
    Last edited by osan; 01-22-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Apparently RPF filters are likewise bundles of sticks, as I can't even link to a wikipedia page without it being censored.

link
    I had the same problem recently when I posted an article by Glenn Greenwald that linked to a URL with the dreaded q-word in it.

I had to use a URL shortener (tinyurl.com) to get it to work.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The world was dumb a long time ago. Episodes involving the perfectly good word "niggardly" go back decades. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contro...word_niggardly
    Ah yes... there's that. I actually use it just to watch who goes off. Niggardly is synonymous with miserly. To be paid a niggardly wage, for example, or to behave in a biggardly fashion.

Back before I escaped NYC and was training regularly, my friend Jimmy Loriega and I had a Friday ritual, going to dinner and conversing, etc., frequenting Minettta Tavern or Ponte Vecchio in the Village. Jimmy would always use "niggardly" in our conversations and I'd always look about us to see who was noticing and/or ready to burst an artery over it.

Given today's standards of comportment, I am almost surprised nobody ever said anything to him or us. Today, of course, things are very different. I have been called on it, only to set the ignorant foob straight, the funny bit being that such people have never yet conceded, but only responded with trebly-forceful shrieks of "RAYcis!"

Our world is becoming such a clown world that I'm almost expecting the planet at some point to change shape in the form of a clown head.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

You should also talk to ATP at Timelessauthors.
    He's into that kind of thing too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

More mindset than location I am sure.
    but I find myself in agreement.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom