Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Turn - 2 years in and the 'rona finally made it to my house

My Turn - 2 years in and the 'rona finally made it to my house

Not me though. My (unjabbed) teenage daughter brought it home from a dance competition this past weekend. She felt run down yesterday and tested positive today. I've had all the home remedy stuff for over a year. I'll post first hand experiences with them here.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, wishing her a speedy recovery..
    "I am a bird"

Everyone is getting it. Vaxxed, unvaxxed, natural immunity from the original virus. Omicron has mutated enough to get around prior immunity. My house has been spared so far. Unvaxxed people seem to be getting less symptoms, the direct opposite of Fauci and friends propaganda.

I know unvaxxed people who tested positive and never had any symptoms. I know unvaxxed people who just are fatigued with minor cold like symptoms (no fever). Vaxxed people seem to get fevers and feel worse for a longer period of time.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wishing you and yours a speedy recovery. From all my research, it appears Omicron is very contagious but less severe and will help snuff out Covid-19 and give people natural immunity.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This is very sad news. You were one of my favorite posters here
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Health to you & yours.

Everybody gets it.

"Virus Gonna Virus"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Everyone is getting it. Vaxxed, unvaxxed, natural immunity from the original virus. Omicron has mutated enough to get around prior immunity. My house has been spared so far. Unvaxxed people seem to be getting less symptoms, the direct opposite of Fauci and friends propaganda.

I know unvaxxed people who tested positive and never had any symptoms. I know unvaxxed people who just are fatigued with minor cold like symptoms (no fever). Vaxxed people seem to get fevers and feel worse for a longer period of time.
    That has also been my experience. In fact, last year, one of my church members tested "Negative" for COVID-19, and yet, he had contracted COVID-19. Not only is the official narrative unreliable, but so are the PCR tests (as we all should know, by now).
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Not me though. My (unjabbed) teenage daughter brought it home from a dance competition this past weekend. She felt run down yesterday and tested positive today. I've had all the home remedy stuff for over a year. I'll post first hand experiences with them here.
    First of all best wishes for your daughter and family. Am interested in hearing the details as it plays out.
    I recently had a sore throat, tired and cold symptoms. Lasted at it worse 3 days and has lingered for another week. Kinda like a common cold ;/
    I tested negative but two people I was around both tested positive. I didn’t bother to retest because really, what’s the point. I stayed away from people for about five days, same as I would if I had a cold/flu.

Again speedy recovery
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Hope all is well for you . Ive had a cold four times in the past three years . I suspect all the same. I have a dozen tests here but didnt use any of them. Seems like ea time i get it i'm immune for about a yr. In between I dont get it even when I'm around sick people. I didnt use anything different for this than any other cold but I wasnt that sick really .
    Do something Danke

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

This is my experience as well, although there weren't enough tests at the time I had a mild sore throat and felt tired for a couple days, no fever. I know a couple vaxxed people who got it really bad, they are sick in bed, cold symptoms, fever, one of them having a hard time eating. They can't get tested either, so it's just conjecture, but it fits in with the symptoms.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    First of all best wishes for your daughter and family. Am interested in hearing the details as it plays out.
    I recently had a sore throat, tired and cold symptoms. Lasted at it worse 3 days and has lingered for another week. Kinda like a common cold ;/
    I tested negative but two people I was around both tested positive. I didn’t bother to retest because really, what’s the point. I stayed away from people for about five days, same as I would if I had a cold/flu.

Again speedy recovery
    Tests don't come up positive for many people until they have 2-4 days of symptoms. Someone I know was probably exposed Thurs-Friday, came down with symptoms yesterday, tested negative today. Her husband tested positive yesterday.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hope ya'll have a speedy recovery.

I think we have it here. Runny noses, sore throats feeling run down. Not taking the test, no point. Already recovering.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry about it my friend. Don't fear it, but do take it seriously. Even if you guys feel somewhat better in a few days, keep bombing it with vitamins C & D, zinc, etc. until it is completely gone. Unlike cold and flus where you can usually tell how bad it will be within the first few hours, Covid pussyfoots around for a week, sometimes more, and then BAM, it can knock a person down. Avoid sugary food. Also if you have trouble breathing, its usually a secondary bacterial pneumonia that's easily knocked down. Take care of that with an antibiotic if necessary-- don't wait until you need a ventilator.

That all said, if you stay on top of it, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Wish them quick recovery but everyone is getting this variant now. 2 nurses aide at my hospital got it. Both were jabbed and boosted. Both are in their 30s and they symptomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think we have it here. Runny noses, sore throats feeling run down. Not taking the test, no point. Already recovering.
    Good for you

Check out the threads about treatments and the others who recovered here and at Timelessauthors and get anything you don't have already.
    You want to hit it with everything.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Let us know camp life works out.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Give my regards to Danke.

He's in the camp.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

He's in the camp.
    Putting up tents?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you have Omicron, I wouldn't be too worried. A couple days of low grade fever and a cold followed by the best immunity COVID has to offer.

Thanks for all the well-wishing and tips, everyone. I'd expect my daughter to recover pretty quickly even without intervention since she's young, fit, and healthy. Add some of the protocols on top of that and I'm sure she'll be fine. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else in the house starts showing symptoms. So far the answer is no, but I'm recommending everyone take the same supplements.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Thanks for all the well-wishing and tips, everyone. I'd expect my daughter to recover pretty quickly even without intervention since she's young, fit, and healthy. Add some of the protocols on top of that and I'm sure she'll be fine. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else in the house starts showing symptoms. So far the answer is no, but I'm recommending everyone take the same supplements.
    I intermittent fast and usually don't eat until 5 or 7 pm. I do drink teas and coffee throughout the day. When my family caught it, I was surrounded by 5 people for a over a week and a half with no problem. It was only after I pigged out on some muffins at 10 am after taking my wife to the urgent care that I caught it.
    Last edited by RJB; 01-18-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Not vaccinated and still haven't caught it yet. Despite living in Alabama which is repeatedly a hot spot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Putting up tents?
    Anal swab volunteer for control testing?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I intermittent fast and usually don't eat until 5 or 7 pm. I do drink teas and coffee throughout the day. When my family caught it, I was surrounded by 5 people for a over a week and a half with no problem. It was only after I pigged out on some muffins at 10 am after taking my wife to the urgent care that I caught it.
    You were probably going to catch it anyway no matter what you did.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast