Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 70

Thread: My Turn - 2 years in and the 'rona finally made it to my house

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You were probably going to catch it anyway no matter what you did.
    Maybe, but staying well over a week and a half around 5 sick people is a pretty good run.
    ...



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Thanks for all the well-wishing and tips, everyone. I'd expect my daughter to recover pretty quickly even without intervention since she's young, fit, and healthy. Add some of the protocols on top of that and I'm sure she'll be fine. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else in the house starts showing symptoms. So far the answer is no, but I'm recommending everyone take the same supplements.
    Did anybody have night sweats?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did anybody have night sweats?
    Nope, no night sweats here. But I'm not sure we have omicron in the house. Since my daughter tested positive and my wife tested negative, I'm thinking the only explanation for the mixed results is flurona.
    My Medical Records are Private

    "If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did anybody have night sweats?
    Yup,,
    It has run through the house..
    Coughs and mild cold..

    But now that you mention it,, woke up soaked head to toe a few times.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  7. #35
    I had some serious sweating when I had it late November

    Another sign that Covid & common cold have merged

  8. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Thanks for all the well-wishing and tips, everyone. I'd expect my daughter to recover pretty quickly even without intervention since she's young, fit, and healthy. Add some of the protocols on top of that and I'm sure she'll be fine. It'll be interesting to see if anyone else in the house starts showing symptoms. So far the answer is no, but I'm recommending everyone take the same supplements.
    I just spotted this thread I see Mrs AF already sent along speedy recovery well wishes, let me do the same.

    My whole house had Delta back in Sept. but we came through pretty unscathed.

    Let me know if there's anything we can do.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

  9. #37
    Quick update: My wife took another test and tested positive today, so probably regular covid and not flurona. Both wife and daughter continue to have mild symptoms. My son and I are still symptom-free.
    My Medical Records are Private

    "If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Quick update: My wife took another test and tested positive today, so probably regular covid and not flurona. Both wife and daughter continue to have mild symptoms. My son and I are still symptom-free.
    Didn't you mention that both wife and daughter took the shots but you and son have not? Or is my recall inaccurate?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  11. #39
    Itís a goddamn cold. You guys act like a bunch of old ninnies in a sewing circle. Iíll still keep coming here for the Memes, but thatís about all this place has to offer these days.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Didn't you mention that both wife and daughter took the shots but you and son have not? Or is my recall inaccurate?
    Wife and son took the shot, my daughter and I have not. Wife and daughter were both in DC this past weekend and were in the car together for the 4.5 hr drive home on Sunday.
    My Medical Records are Private

    "If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Wife and son took the shot, my daughter and I have not. Wife and daughter were both in DC this past weekend and were in the car together for the 4.5 hr drive home on Sunday.
    Gotcha. I think I confused your family situation with CaptUSA's.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

    "We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

  15. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    It’s a goddamn cold. You guys act like a bunch of old ninnies in a sewing circle. I’ll still keep coming here for the Memes, but that’s about all this place has to offer these days.
    Tell it to AF.
    There is more than one thing going around and it is better to crush a normal cold than to have someone become seriously ill if it is one of the worse things.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  16. #43
    World Health Organization has the Infection Fatality Ratio for covid-19 currently “converging at .5%-1%”

    (It’s much, much, lower than that)

    The infection fatality RATE for my age, 0.042


    Ummmmmm
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 01-21-2022 at 09:28 PM.

  17. #44
    Proudly unvaxxed here.
    Me and the family got it (Omicron) after having the deltas last year.


    Colds. Literally no different than a typical seasonal cold for us.


    That's been it.

    And no, we don't get tested. Everyone around us gets tested positive for the exact same symptoms as us within time frames that we've all been around together.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  18. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    World Health Organization has the Infection Fatality Ratio for covid-19 currently “converging at .5%-1%”

    (It’s much, much, lower than that)

    The infection fatality RATE for my age, 0.042


    Ummmmmm

    You're right 0% is much lower that 0.5%. Covid is a complete fabrication so the real fatality rate will get no that higher than that.

  19. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Itís a goddamn cold. You guys act like a bunch of old ninnies in a sewing circle. Iíll still keep coming here for the Memes, but thatís about all this place has to offer these days.
    Itís as if humans never got sick before 2020.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Tell it to AF.
    There is more than one thing going around and it is better to crush a normal cold than to have someone become seriously ill if it is one of the worse things.
    I have been deathbed sick several times throughout my life. So what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Proudly unvaxxed here.
    Me and the family got it (Omicron) after having the deltas last year.


    Colds. Literally no different than a typical seasonal cold for us.


    That's been it.

    And no, we don't get tested. Everyone around us gets tested positive for the exact same symptoms as us within time frames that we've all been around together.
    Itís no different than a seasonal cold because it is a seasonal cold. Itís been this way since thereís been humans.

    Sickness is as valuable to our existence on this planet as health.

  20. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    I have been deathbed sick several times throughout my life. So what?
    So maybe you would like it if people gave you recommendations on how to relieve that suffering for yourself or your family.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    So maybe you would like it if people gave you recommendations on how to relieve that suffering for yourself or your family.

    Turning off the TV would be a great start. TV and the minds of midwits are the only place it exists.



  22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  23. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    Turning off the TV would be a great start. TV and the minds of midwits are the only place it exists.
    Regardless of whether any new virus was created and released by Fauci at the CCP bioweapons lab in Wuhan we know we have people here who have been very sick and we have others whose family members are sick.
    There is no reason not to share remedies that will ease the suffering of those who are sick no matter what the cause is.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  24. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Regardless of whether any new virus was created and released by Fauci at the CCP bioweapons lab in Wuhan we know we have people here who have been very sick and we have others whose family members are sick.
    There is no reason not to share remedies that will ease the suffering of those who are sick no matter what the cause is.
    Vitamin C, Zinc and chicken noodle soup.

  25. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Regardless of whether any new virus was created and released by Fauci at the CCP bioweapons lab in Wuhan we know we have people here who have been very sick and we have others whose family members are sick.
    There is no reason not to share remedies that will ease the suffering of those who are sick no matter what the cause is.
    Thatís just my point. People have been getting very sick here since there was a here. The only difference now is the propaganda about ďitĒ.

    None of us would be aware of COVID or itís super scary variants if the government/media wasnít pumping it into our heads 24/7.

    The remedies are the same as when you were 5 years old. I promise.

  26. #52
    4,000 IUís of Vitamin D a day & you can virtually eat Covid.

  27. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    It’s as if humans never got sick before 2020.


    It’s no different than a seasonal cold because it is a seasonal cold. It’s been this way since there’s been humans.

    Sickness is as valuable to our existence on this planet as health.
    I'm sure most of us on here will agree with these points. I sure do.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  28. #54
    Update: No real change. Daughter still has symptoms but almost gone. Wife still has the same level of mild symptoms. Son and I are still symptom free.

    To the "dismissive ones," please re-read the OP and note that nowhere did I say the sky was falling. I just mentioned that we got it here too and I can add my first hand experience to that shared by others. With covid treatment being censored on social media, I have personally found it valuable to read the first hand accounts from people I know. That being said, I applaud your comments here in this thread. It takes an open minded person to think Covid is BS but then take the time to read posts from a covid thread in a covid subforum and join the conversation. If I thought something was BS, I wouldn't take the time to read, let alone comment.
    My Medical Records are Private

    "If a man says he'll get something done, then he'll get it done. You don't need to keep reminding him every 6 months." --phill4paul

  29. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    It’s a goddamn cold. You guys act like a bunch of old ninnies in a sewing circle. I’ll still keep coming here for the Memes, but that’s about all this place has to offer these days.
    It's not a goddamn cold.

    It's not the end of the world either, if you combat it smartly and quickly.

    To dismiss it as nothing but a cold, let's the criminal lunatics who brought this down us, off, scot free.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

  30. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    That’s just my point. People have been getting very sick here since there was a here. The only difference now is the propaganda about “it”.

    None of us would be aware of COVID or it’s super scary variants if the government/media wasn’t pumping it into our heads 24/7.

    The remedies are the same as when you were 5 years old. I promise.
    And why do you suppose that is?

    Maybe to hype and gauge reaction to an illness they created and released on us?

    Or, even worse, to hype and gauge reaction as a dry run for something much much worse waiting in the wings.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire



  31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  32. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Update: No real change. Daughter still has symptoms but almost gone. Wife still has the same level of mild symptoms. Son and I are still symptom free.

    To the "dismissive ones," please re-read the OP and note that nowhere did I say the sky was falling. I just mentioned that we got it here too and I can add my first hand experience to that shared by others. With covid treatment being censored on social media, I have personally found it valuable to read the first hand accounts from people I know. That being said, I applaud your comments here in this thread. It takes an open minded person to think Covid is BS but then take the time to read posts from a covid thread in a covid subforum and join the conversation. If I thought something was BS, I wouldn't take the time to read, let alone comment.
    Glad to hear that, good news.

    Keep monitoring your wife's O2 saturation levels.

    Mrs. AF's 84 y/o mother just came down with it as well.

    So far not too bad.
    "Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

  33. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    That’s just my point. People have been getting very sick here since there was a here. The only difference now is the propaganda about “it”.

    None of us would be aware of COVID or it’s super scary variants if the government/media wasn’t pumping it into our heads 24/7.

    The remedies are the same as when you were 5 years old. I promise.
    There are new better remedies that they kept hidden and are trying to suppress now.
    We should share them around to help people lose their fear.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  34. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It's not a goddamn cold.

    It's not the end of the world either, if you combat it smartly and quickly.

    To dismiss it as nothing but a cold, let's the criminal lunatics who brought this down us, off, scot free.
    There is a certain section of the alt-right that is funded by the CCP, Andrew Anglin is one of them.
    AA and others have been pushing VERY hard and have convinced many of their followers that nothing could possibly be China's fault.
    The innocent followers adopt the "there is no new virus" line because they like to feel smarter than everyone else.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  35. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And why do you suppose that is?

    Maybe to hype and gauge reaction to an illness they created and released on us?

    Or, even worse, to hype and gauge reaction as a dry run for something much much worse waiting in the wings.
    I believe the weapon that was released was a psychosis based in fear. It has worked great. I would not be surprised that part of the intent is to erode trust in medicine and government, and then release the bad one. It doesn't really matter to me what they have planned. I know it's going to be bad and I probably won't be expecting it. None of us will.

    My goal is to remain calm and ready. At this point honor and dignity are more important than a long life as an old man. I would prefer to die of this $#@!ing virus than spend one second living in fear of something I can't see.

    He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. I've finally made up my mind....
    By phill4paul in forum Political Philosophy & Government Policy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-06-2016, 12:19 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 12:09 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
  4. HE Finally made the CNN PIE Chart!
    By Infamouswoodster in forum Nevada
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 04:37 PM
  5. Finally Made Popular
    By LibertyCzar in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •