Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 279

Thread: Joe Rogan/Spotify Take Down Attempt

  1. #1

    Joe Rogan/Spotify Take Down Attempt

    So, YouTube won't allow Rogan's "controversial" guests. Now, there's a group attempting to pressure Spotify into taking him down.

    https://thehill.com/media/589526-doc...joe-rogan-show

    Doctors call out Spotify over 'false and societally harmful assertions' on Joe Rogan show

    A coalition of doctors and science educators is calling for Spotify to take action against misinformation spread on "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast.

    "By allowing the propagation of false and societally harmful assertions, Spotify is enabling its hosted media to damage public trust in scientific research and sow doubt in the credibility of data-driven guidance offered by medical professionals," an open letter signed by 270 health care professionals stated.

    Rogan, 53, has an estimated 11 million listeners and has immense influence, according to the letter, which was reported by Rolling Stone.

    Epidemiologist Katrine Wallace, who signed the letter, told the magazine that she views Rogan as "a menace to public health," and that his ideas are "fringe," and "not backed in science." Wallace added that having Rogan and his guests "on a huge platform makes it seem there are two sides to the issue and there are really not. The overwhelming evidence is the vaccine works and it is safe." <Ha!>

    The health care professionals specifically take issue with a controversial episode that featured Dr. Robert Malone.

    This episode has been heavily criticized by many experts for remarks regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and how the virus impacts people, especially those who are younger.

    Rogan during the show said that if a 21-year-old asks him if they should get the vaccine, “I’ll go, ‘No.’ ”

    The podcast host, who was infected with COVID-19 while unvaccinated, took the scientifically unproven anti-fungal medication, ivermectin, as treatment.

    The new letter does not call on Spotify to remove Rogan's show, but instead to develop a counter-misinformation policy to ensure damaging ideas are not propagated on the streaming service.

    Spotify previously has not condemned Rogan's remarks, which have been criticized by medical experts including Dr. Anthony Fauci.




    And guess what happens if Spotify tells them to eat $#@!? They will go after the companies that allow Spotify to operate on their servers. This is the new world of censorship.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    He just signed a multi-million dollar contract with them so I do not think anything will come from this other than the news creating a buzz to drive more traffic to the establishments favorite podcaster.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

  4. #3
    thus
    proving his point
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!


    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

  5. #4
    From ZERO HEDGE this morning:

    Getting down to their core argument:

    In episode #1757, Rogan hosted Dr. Robert Malone, who was suspended from Twitter for spreading misinformation about COVID-19. Dr. Malone used the JRE platform to further promote numerous baseless claims, including several falsehoods about COVID-19 vaccines and an unfounded theory that societal leaders have “hypnotized” the public. Many of these statements have already been discredited.

    The links go to an instagram slideshow and three MSM 'fact checks' - one of which doesn't even discuss Malone, and say his actions are not only "objectionable and offensive, but also medically and culturally dangerous."

    And of course, just three of the signatories are immunologists, roughly 10% are nurses or nurse practitioners, and 33 are some type of 'assistant' (professor, nurse, lab, etc.). In short - hardly any of these people are qualified to refute Malone, which is probably why they link to 'fact checks' instead of compiling their own response on the merits of what Malone said.

  6. #5
    Ted Cruz joked that Joe Rogan may one day be President of Texas.

    I would be OK with that.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

    My pronouns are he/him/his

  7. #6
    Shows the lengths they will go to censor the truth.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #7
    Notice that there's not one example of how anything Dr. Malone said was not factual.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The podcast host, who was infected with COVID-19 while unvaccinated, took the scientifically unproven anti-fungal medication, ivermectin, as treatment.
    Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic medication that has also shown anti-viral properties. It is not anti-fungal, Rogan would never take an anti-fungal drug, he loves the fungals.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    He’s great.

    Inspiration for the youth that they can have open conversations with humans of all stripes & sizes, stay independent & actually do well for themselves

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Shows the lengths they will go to censor the truth.

    Nazi’s are gonna Nazi’

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Ted Cruz joked that Joe Rogan may one day be President of Texas.

    I would be OK with that.
    I am not okay with that, a guy who through most of his life has been on the left and doing their bidding, suddenly discovering common ground and a market share appealing to some on the right.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I am not okay with that, a guy who through most of his life has been on the left and doing their bidding, suddenly discovering common ground and a market share appealing to some on the right.
    Shrug. He seems like a reasonable person. Which is more than can be said for almost any politician in power today.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

    My pronouns are he/him/his

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I am not okay with that, a guy who through most of his life has been on the left and doing their bidding, suddenly discovering common ground and a market share appealing to some on the right.
    He owns a lot of guns, eats mostly elk meat and is libertarian on most issues. Most importantly, he has always been anti-establishment and has always been very open to discussing conspiracies among the elite.

    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  16. #14
    Doctors call out Spotify over 'false and societally harmful assertions' on Joe Rogan show

    A coalition of doctors and science educators is calling for Spotify to take action against misinformation spread on "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast.

    "By allowing the propagation of false and societally harmful assertions, Spotify is enabling its hosted media to damage public trust in scientific research and sow doubt in the credibility of data-driven guidance offered by medical professionals," an open letter signed by 270 health care professionals stated.

    [...]

    Epidemiologist Katrine Wallace, who signed the letter, told the magazine that she views Rogan as "a menace to public health," [...]

    The new letter does not call on Spotify to remove Rogan's show, but instead to develop a counter-misinformation policy to ensure damaging ideas are not propagated on the streaming service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The Histrionics and Melodrama Around 1/6 Are Laughable, but They Serve Several Key Purposes
    As Kamala Harris compares 1/6 to 9/11 and Nancy Pelosi introduces the cast of Hamilton to sing about democracy, today's inanity should not obscure its dangers.
    https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the...lodrama-around
    Glenn Greenwald (06 January 2022)

    [...]

    Fear is a powerful human drive - arguably the most powerful one. Humans need it to survive; without it, they would have died off thousands of years ago. It is embedded in our psyches. And any demagogue worth their salt knows how to stimulate and manipulate it. Fear - as we have seen throughout the last two years of the COVID pandemic - breeds acquiescence, subservience and conformity. It fosters not just a willingness, but an eagerness to submit to any authority promising to keep you safe from the threat and to banish and silence anyone dissenting from their decrees, on the ground that dissent is not just wrong but dangerous.

    [...]
    //

    Libertarian Party Mises Caucus
    "The libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party."

    Platform · Our Actions

    Mises PAC
    (Libertarian Party membership not required)

    #TakeHumanAction · Donate · Merchandise


    HOME · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube

  17. #15

  18. #16



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Wasn't there like thousands of them smart science peoples and doctors that signed that Good Burlington Declaration or whatever it was called?

    Shucks, don't mind me, I'm just a dumb hick that don't know nothin.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  21. #18
    "Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely." -- Michael Malice

    https://twitter.com/reallaniangela/s...88436369084416

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "Our nation's ideological self-segregation is proceeding nicely." -- Michael Malice

    https://twitter.com/reallaniangela/s...88436369084416
    Who would have ever thought Joe Rogan would replace Rush Limbaugh. That's where we're at.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  23. #20

    Immature, Lazy Covidians

    They're crybabies. Instead of having public debate and civil discourse with their opposition, using evidence and logical arguments to come to the truth, they'd rather whine and use censorship to silence them. And then they have the audacity to wonder why there's so much vaccine hesitancy.
    "The thoughts of the righteous are justice; the counsels of the wicked -- deceit. The words of the wicked are, 'Lay wait for blood,' and the mouth of the upright delivereth them. Overthrow the wicked, and they are not, and the house of the righteous standeth." - Proverbs 12:5-7

    "Fortunately for Congress, the President, and the Federal Reserve, the Ukraine-Russia conflict is replacing COVID as a ready-made excuse for their failures and a justification for expanding their power." - Dr. Ron Paul

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He owns a lot of guns, eats mostly elk meat and is libertarian on most issues. Most importantly, he has always been anti-establishment and has always been very open to discussing conspiracies among the elite.

    Yet he supports Bernie Sanders.


  25. #22
    Yea, Rogan flipped to a Bernie Bro the past election.

    Rogan isn't that smart of a guy, to be honest. Where we need to give him credit, and where most of it is due to him, is for having all kinds of opinions and people on his show. And for the most part, he gives them all a fair shake.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Who would have ever thought Joe Rogan would replace Rush Limbaugh. That's where we're at.
    You could see it coming years ago since you know these older Conservatives are either going to die or not be able to stay on top forever and they do not have any fresh name recognition talent to replace them. Every aspect of the right was waiting for someone to come along and fill the void. With no where to go and a market wide open it was only a matter of time before they out of ignorance or fooling themselves adopted Bernie bros while these leftist podcasters see dollar signs in filling that void.

    Same thing when Trump came along who said to the effect he would have ran as a Democrat if the Clinton's did not have a stranglehold on the Democratic party. The market to appeal to average folks on the Republican side was left wide open.

    Go back further look at Glenn Beck's popularity in 2008-2009, blowing the ratings doors off at 5pm even beating prime time because he saw a market wide open to appeal to average folks particularly after seeing the support Ron Paul had.

    Guys like Ben Shapiro or Levin are just not going to cut it and do not seem all that credible outside of urban areas. Shammity is far too establishment and phony to capture the younger folks.

    Except the fake Fox News right now, there is no one outside of TV appealing to average folks on the right. So we end up with Bernie podcasters that will be conditioning Conservatives and just like that moving the right a little to the middle with each passing year without them even realizing they have changed their views.

    No doubt these Rogan and friends will play to the right further to fill the void and the right will lap it up as if it is genuine like they always do. We will see the same mental gymnastics defense for these guys like how people tried to paint Trump as something he was not.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You could see it coming years ago since you know these older Conservatives are either going to die or not be able to stay on top forever and they do not have any fresh name recognition talent to replace them. Every aspect of the right was waiting for someone to come along and fill the void. With no where to go and a market wide open it was only a matter of time before they out of ignorance or fooling themselves adopted Bernie bros while these leftist podcasters see dollar signs in filling that void.

    Same thing when Trump came along who said to the effect he would have ran as a Democrat if the Clinton's did not have a stranglehold on the Democratic party. The market to appeal to average folks on the Republican side was left wide open.

    Go back further look at Glenn Beck's popularity in 2008-2009, blowing the ratings doors off at 5pm even beating prime time because he saw a market wide open to appeal to average folks particularly after seeing the support Ron Paul had.

    Guys like Ben Shapiro or Levin are just not going to cut it and do not seem all that credible outside of urban areas. Shammity is far too establishment and phony to capture the younger folks.

    Except the fake Fox News right now, there is no one outside of TV appealing to average folks on the right. So we end up with Bernie podcasters that will be conditioning Conservatives and just like that moving the right a little to the middle with each passing year without them even realizing they have changed their views.

    No doubt these Rogan and friends will play to the right further to fill the void and the right will lap it up as if it is genuine like they always do. We will see the same mental gymnastics defense for these guys like how people tried to paint Trump as something he was not.
    Sorry, Man... I couldn't disagree with that take more. Yes, the field was wide open, but I think we're seeing a convergence of the left and right disaffecteds who are starting to see through the bull$#@!. We can disagree on many major issues, but we all know there's a bigger problem than left/right. That is a good thing. This new media, while it is young, is a good thing. It will become corrupted eventually, but right now, there's an opening window.

    I can engage with the Jimmy Dore or Russell Brand audience easily. I don't agree with half their crazy ass political and economic views, but at least we can agree on what's reality. These people have been waking up during all this covid mess. So, we're speaking in the same terms instead of this pretend make-believe world the press wants us to believe. Many times, we even align on their root values. And there's little disrespect when you can agree on values, even when there's wide disagreements on what policies will achieve those values. The political leader who speaks to that will find a broad, however strange, coalition.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sorry, Man... I couldn't disagree with that take more. Yes, the field was wide open, but I think we're seeing a convergence of the left and right disaffecteds who are starting to see through the bull$#@!. We can disagree on many major issues, but we all know there's a bigger problem than left/right. That is a good thing. This new media, while it is young, is a good thing. It will become corrupted eventually, but right now, there's an opening window.

    I can engage with the Jimmy Dore or Russell Brand audience easily. I don't agree with half their crazy ass political and economic views, but at least we can agree on what's reality. These people have been waking up during all this covid mess. So, we're speaking in the same terms instead of this pretend make-believe world the press wants us to believe. Many times, we even align on their root values. And there's little disrespect when you can agree on values, even when there's wide disagreements on what policies will achieve those values. The political leader who speaks to that will find a broad, however strange, coalition.
    Ya the real fight, right now, is people in the matrix (brainwashed by the media) vs. people not in the matrix.. the people vs. the elite controlled politicians and media. Most of the people not in the matrix now are on the right, and Joe knows that. Bill Maher has been learning that slowly as well. Joe liked Bernie not because he agreed with him on everything, but because he was a real guy running on things that he believed in and wasn't controlled. At least that is what he believed, and it is at least partially true.. tho many saw Bernie selling out back in 2016 when he lost to Hillary. But also voting for Bernie is a vote against Hillary.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-14-2022 at 09:45 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya the real fight, right now, is people in the matrix (brainwashed by the media) vs. people not in the matrix.. the people vs. the elite controlled politicians and media. Most of the people not in the matrix now are on the right, and Joe knows that. Bill Maher has been learning that slowly as well. Joe liked Bernie not because he agreed with him on everything, but because he was a real guy running on things that he believed in and wasn't controlled. At least that is what he believed, and it is at least partially true.. tho many saw Bernie selling out back in 2016 when he lost to Hillary. But also voting for Bernie is a vote against Hillary.
    More like establishment controlled narrative actors Maher and Rogan are paid by the elites to herd the right back into their matrix.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Sorry, Man... I couldn't disagree with that take more. Yes, the field was wide open, but I think we're seeing a convergence of the left and right disaffecteds who are starting to see through the bull$#@!. We can disagree on many major issues, but we all know there's a bigger problem than left/right. That is a good thing. This new media, while it is young, is a good thing. It will become corrupted eventually, but right now, there's an opening window.

    I can engage with the Jimmy Dore or Russell Brand audience easily. I don't agree with half their crazy ass political and economic views, but at least we can agree on what's reality. These people have been waking up during all this covid mess. So, we're speaking in the same terms instead of this pretend make-believe world the press wants us to believe. Many times, we even align on their root values. And there's little disrespect when you can agree on values, even when there's wide disagreements on what policies will achieve those values. The political leader who speaks to that will find a broad, however strange, coalition.
    It was corrupted long ago and it is not as if these people did not know the truth long before hand. They are adjusting according to where the country is. So what you describe is all fake and they are just acting for monetization. The only reason you know about these national podcasters is because powerful elites presented them to you on a silver platter that way, otherwise you would not have heard about them from a sea of podcasters. None of this was organic.

    You mention Brand, who I know is close with some of the most powerful elites in the world. He is the epitome of the establishment.
    Last edited by kahless; 01-14-2022 at 11:51 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    You mention Brand, who I know is close with some of the most powerful elites in the world. He is the epitome of the establishment and (I had an awkward interaction once) <deleted per request>
    Lol... I wonder what that interaction looked like from other angles! Your version of the story is awesome!
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 01-15-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  33. #29
    Rogans other life is MMA. He has trained most of his life & is their head announcer

    I’ll give that sport in general some credit, they never completely closed down during the plandemic

    Many MMA fighters also stopped antifa from burning down America.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lol... I wonder what that interaction looked like from other angles! Your version of the story is awesome!
    Dude's met everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

    Some of you still watch the news, and it shows.

    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

    We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Alex Jones Joe Rogan episode disappears from Spotify
    By AngryCanadian in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-09-2021, 11:39 PM
  2. OK...I Just Listened To Spotify's Top 10 ROCK Songs...And?
    By Anti Federalist in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 01:05 AM
  3. In Spotify, Music Listen to you
    By donnay in forum Science & Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2021, 07:53 AM
  4. Spotify Bans Ad Blockers In Updated ToS
    By DamianTV in forum Privacy & Data Security
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2019, 07:41 PM
  5. Spotify--get your Free Account here
    By bobbyw24 in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •