Thread: NYC passes non-citizen voting rights law. Nearly 1 million now can vote against you

Exclamation NYC passes non-citizen voting rights law. Nearly 1 million now can vote against you

Marxist uni-party power ensured.

NYC Democrats Grant Voting Rights to Nearly 1 Million Noncitizens

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-noncitizens/

SIMON KENT9 Jan 2022

Up to one million noncitizens living in New York City will have access to the ballot box after Mayor Eric Adams (D) on Sunday approved legislation by the city council to automatically become law.

As Breitbart News reported last November, Adams has always supported the move.

“I believe that New Yorkers should have a say in their government, which is why I have and will continue to support this important legislation,” Adams said in a statement Saturday, as seen by the New York Post.

“While I initially had some concerns about one aspect of the bill, I had a productive dialogue with my colleagues in government that put those concerns at ease. I believe allowing the legislation to be enacted is by far the best choice, and look forward to bringing millions more into the democratic process,” the Democrat continued.

Former NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) however repeatedly cautioned the legislation will almost certainly be subject to a legal challenge for violating New York state law.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those that value liberty and freedom should leave that $#@!hole immediately.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I didn't like the fact that "citizens" could vote against me. Now we'll have non-citizens participating, too?

Secession cannot come soon enough.

Calling my prediction now:

This will not stay local.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Correct. This will be used in the midterms and the next presidential election and people will whine and complain about it, nothing will be done, and everything will get swept under the rug.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

No, it will not...bet your ass it will go national.

These are just trial balloons.

Just a matter of time before SCROTUS rules the "equal protection" clause allows non citizens voting rights based on if they have ever paid a dime of any form of tax.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Correct sir. Already being pushed. We already know of NYC.

https://humanevents.com/2021/10/07/7...itizen-voting/

By Human Events Staff | October 07, 2021

States where local jurisdictions allow non-citizens to vote or are considering doing so include Maryland, California, Illinois, Vermont, District of Columbia, New York and Massachusetts.

In Takoma Park, Maryland, non-citizens have been allowed to vote since March of 1991. Since that time, nine other local jurisdictions have followed suit: Barnesville, Chevy Chase, Garrett Park, Glen Echo, Martin’s Additions and Somerset.

In California, the Los Angeles Unified School District authorized a study in 2019 to determine whether voting eligibility should extend to non-citizens. The change would require voters to approve a ballot question. If it goes that way, Los Angeles would follow in San Francisco’s footsteps, as the city allows non-citizens to vote in school board elections.

In Illinois, state Sen. Celina Villanueva proposed last June to allow non-citizens to vote in local school board elections statewide. Illinois was the first state to provide Medicaid coverage to residents, regardless of immigration status, and Chicago was the first major city to allow non-citizen voting in 1989.

In Vermont, voters in two cities approved measures to allow non-citizens to vote in local elections for offices like mayor, city council and school board. The RNC, Vermont Republican Party and a group of voters sued the two cities in response.

In D.C., council member Brianne Nadeau reintroduced a bill to allow non-citizens to vote in local elections, making legal permanent residents eligible to vote for mayor, attorney general, council, school board and advisory neighborhood commissions.

The New York City Council is reviewing a proposal to enfranchise non-citizens for local elections. The change, if enacted, would allow more than 600,000 non-citizens to vote in local elections.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.