Thread: Has Ron Paul Himself Given Advice on Next Steps?

Has Ron Paul Himself Given Advice on Next Steps?

Does anyone know if he, himself, has said what he thinks "we" (being liberty oriented folks) should be doing? I'm curious to hear if he's laid out any actual plans or not. Does he still believe in the system as it is? Does he think we should all be in the GOP and turn it or work with MAGA types?

The Libertarian Party and Mises Caucus are still fraying and coming unraveled from the Internet conversations I've been seeing. Maybe that's a bad take, maybe it's on point. Anyone with more knowledge, please chime in as I hopped out a while back due to the nonsense of it all. It remains to be seen if the MC will even be viable or worthy with some of the stuff I've been reading about.

Furthermore, the LP isn't in any position of power to fix the problems we have right NOW. It's a 10-20 year project and we simply don't have that time. For those still clinging on to faith in the system, despite what's happened in recent elections, is it a better tactic for us to bolster the GOP and find coalitions there? I believe we can still enact change at local and state levels. The federal level is lost and is another reason why I'm not hot about Dave Smith and the MC focusing so much on that and him running.

Please discuss!
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've gone back and forth and at the base level believe we're on the back end of this experiment (as in nearing the end of the American Empire as we know it). I think it's mostly failed and I'm not sure it can be revived and I'd argue it shouldn't. So I certainly think the focus should be local/state level. But where to from there?

I also believe all of us should be growing gardens and raising chickens, rabbits, etc. where and when applicable. I believe in circumventing the State wherever possible. But I'm also not certain that just "waiting things out" is effective or worth it.

A good question. Hopefully someone in Ron's circle sees your post or if you have a Twitter, send a message to @ ronpaul and @ ronpaulinstitut. A Liberty Report episode devoted to your question would be great and is needed.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-09-2022 at 06:33 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    A good question. Hopefully someone in Ron's circle sees your post or if you have a Twitter, send a message to @ ronpaul and @ ronpaulinstitut. A Liberty Report episode devoted to your question would be great and is needed.
    I'm shocked there hasn't been one to be honest. Then again, maybe there has been and I missed it. I know Jeff Deist has been big on strategy talk, but I'd like to hear from Ron himself on what he thinks we need to do...

I'm guessing Ron Paul probably doesn't think he has the answers for what each individual should be doing. That requires a bit of a statist mindset.

I'm guessing that he thinks some people should be working with Republican MAGA types, while others should be working with the Mises Caucus, depending on your own views, leanings and lifestyle.

Some people should be in media and communications, others more involved in politics.

As long as everybody who believes in freedom tries to do something productive to further the cause of liberty, that's probably about all he can ask for.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm guessing Ron Paul probably doesn't think he has the answers for what each individual should be doing. That requires a bit of a statist mindset.

I'm guessing that he thinks some people should be working with Republican MAGA types, while others should be working with the Mises Caucus, depending on your own views, leanings and lifestyle.

Some people should be in media and communications, others more involved in politics.

As long as everybody who believes in freedom tries to do something productive to further the cause of liberty, that's probably about all he can ask for.

You may be right, but in bold, I highly disagree with that sentiment right now. And honestly, if that happens to be Ron's take, it's wrong.

We can't continue to ignore the benefits of organizing in numbers or rallying together because it may tread upon "individual choice" or be described as "collectivist." The enemy, the statists/collectivists themselves, know that it's effective even in small numbers. This mindset also makes libertarians a completely illegitimate threat right out of the gate to political institutions. What's the popular saying about getting libertarians together? It's like herding cats...

There's been a slowly growing "movement" if we want to call it that that has sprung up out of the MC and it's actually refuting points like this within libertarianism (think Pete Quinones, Matt Erickson, even the Lions of Liberty guy is starting to discuss it more). And it's causing me to wake up (yet again) to the follies of pure libertarianism and seeing the issues such stances cause within societies.

If we're being pushed up against a wall by a force of people wanting command and control over our lives, those of us on the liberty end can't say to one another "it's ok, we just have to do what each of us individually wants and maybe some of us will sneak out of this situation." The proper response would be "let's band together for the moment and push these fools back into their corner so we can go about living our lives."

Having said that, I don't disagree with the rest of your post and I'm not trying to start an argument with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    You may be right, but in bold, I highly disagree with that sentiment right now. And honestly, if that happens to be Ron's take, it's wrong.

We can't continue to ignore the benefits of organizing in numbers or rallying together because it may tread upon "individual choice" or be described as "collectivist." The enemy, the statists/collectivists themselves, know that it's effective even in small numbers. This mindset also makes libertarians a completely illegitimate threat right out of the gate to political institutions. What's the popular saying about getting libertarians together? It's like herding cats...

There's been a slowly growing "movement" if we want to call it that that has sprung up out of the MC and it's actually refuting points like this within libertarianism (think Pete Quinones, Matt Erickson, even the Lions of Liberty guy is starting to discuss it more). And it's causing me to wake up (yet again) to the follies of pure libertarianism and seeing the issues such stances cause within societies.

If we're being pushed up against a wall by a force of people wanting command and control over our lives, those of us on the liberty end can't say to one another "it's ok, we just have to do what each of us individually wants and maybe some of us will sneak out of this situation." The proper response would be "let's band together for the moment and push these fools back into their corner so we can go about living our lives."

Having said that, I don't disagree with the rest of your post and I'm not trying to start an argument with you.
    Well you have a good point, I'm not saying we can't come together and rally behind certain ideas or fight certain things, for example when he comes out and says we should be against the mandates - that's something we can all get behind. It is the specific method that we do it that I don't think he will be deciding for each person.

He isn't going to tell everybody to join their local GOP and support their local GOP candidate if they support Trump. Or that every single person should all join the Mises wing of the libertarian party. Or that we should all start a rumble channel about liberty, etc.. that's because each person is different and some people are going to be naturally want to fight using one method over another and we shouldn't discourage that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think you have to work with people to be most effective

I truly believe our side need to work with some honest D's who know Fauci has been up to no good for about 50 years inside DC. JFK Jr's book is a game changer & has brought me in alliance with someone complete;y on other side of political aisle than me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    danno, I can't give you anymore rep right now

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    I think you have to work with people to be most effective

I truly believe our side need to work with some honest D's who know Fauci has been up to no good for about 50 years inside DC. JFK Jr's book is a game changer & has brought me in alliance with someone complete;y on other side of political aisle than me.
    Meh, I can't see much coming from partnering up with any Ds. The GOP is stupid, yes, but they can be turned with our types, I think.
    Is RFK's book really that good? I've heard great things about it but haven't had time to look into it myself.

-

As for this thread it seems just yesterday Ron came out with a strategy, of sorts. However, it lacks detail and overall substance and suggests we do something that I'm not sure there's much time left to do? His answer is to keep spreading the message of liberty to people... We had 10 years to do that after the 2012 elections and failed. Furthermore, we now see a solid 1/3 (at least) of this country are little tyrants. So we won't be winning them over. That leaves the remaining 2/3 to be people like us already and everyone else in between.

We Need a Revolution
    Written by Ron Paul
    Monday January 10, 2022

A recent Washington Post/University of Maryland poll found that 34 percent of Americans think violent action against the government can be justifiable. This view is held by 40 percent of Republicans and 23 percent of Democrats. The result may seem surprising since leftists have been responsible for much of the recent politically-motivated violence, and many Democrats have called for violence against Trump supporters. However, the cultural Marxists appear to have (temporarily) ceased using violence as a tactic—although had President Trump won reelection, it may well have been ANTIFA members inside the Capitol on January 6 trying to “stop the steal.”

The rising support for violence against government is rooted in the growing (and justified) belief that the people’s liberties are being taken by a ruling class that is indifferent at best, and hostile at worst, to their values and concerns.

The devastation wrought by the lockdowns, as well as the conflict over the promotion of masks, vaccines, critical race theory, and transgenderism, heighten these social tensions.

Another major contributor to the social unrest is the economy. Rising prices combined with supply shortages and the increasing national debt are all signs that we may be witnessing the final days of the Keynesian welfare-warfare state. Unless Congress immediately begins to cut spending and transition to a free-market monetary system, America will soon face a major economic crisis. The crisis will likely be caused by a collapse of the dollar’s value. This will likely lead to increased violence. The violence will start when those who believe they are entitled to live off the stolen property of their fellow citizens decide to take matters into their own hands because the government can no longer do the looting for them.

The only way to avoid this fate is by a revolution. I am not speaking of a violent revolution that replaces one form of authoritarianism with another, but a peaceful revolution of ideas. This revolution aims to replace the authoritarian interventionist ideology that dominates both the left and right wings of the ruling class with the ideas of liberty. Such a revolution would restore respect for individual liberty, constitutional government, free markets, a non-interventionist foreign policy, and sound money.

The revolution of ideas would resolve social conflicts by getting the government out of social issues and instead allowing private property owners to, for example, decide who can and cannot use which restroom on their property. It would also restore control over education to parents. The goal is to respect the rights of each individual to live their lives as they choose as long as they do not violate the rights of others to do the same.

A free market with a sound currency would release lower-income Americans from the Federal Reserve’s inflation tax as well as provide them with expanded economic opportunities. The growing economy would reduce tensions between races and lead Americans to view immigrants as an asset rather than a burden.

A free and peaceful society cannot be brought about by a violent revolution. Instead, it must occur via peaceful conversation of a critical mass of citizens. When that critical mass is reached, even many authoritarian politicians will endorse liberty and limited government out of fear of losing reelection if they do not. Therefore, the best thing those of us who know the truth can do to restore a free society is to convert as many people as possible to the movement for liberty, peace, and prosperity.
    Source: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...-a-revolution/